NEurope
Retro_Link

The Amazing Spider-Man

WTF is up with his hair! They've definitely managed to make him look like an 18 year old douche.

I liked Maguire more as Peter Parker. New kid has Twilight hair and the name of a stupid, unfunny ginger cat.

Edited by Guy

Ugh... the hair... suddenly this seems less of a gritty reboot and more of a cash in on the twilight crowd.

Lets just hope that the scene directly before this one has Flash Thompson tussling Peters hair :p

That hair will make him look ridiculous with the mask on.

Fans of Ultimate Spider-Man are giggling.

Fans of Ultimate Spider-Man are giggling.

Lol, I read that and went straight to google image search but I couldnt find the panel

No, the Andrew Garfieldness.

He just looks like...the guy from Social Network. Lol. Obviously. I dunno. I can't imagine him doing it well. WHO KNOWS?!

I'm over the film already/can't possibly judge it.

He can hardly climb buildings if there are gloves over his fingers.

Spidey only needs his fingertips to climb.

He can climb with a full costume on. He exerts some sort of tiny electromagnetic shiz just slightly out of his skin, allowing him to climb to buildings whilst wearing his costume. (IIRC)

Actually, he produces an invisible gooey substance from his skin which seaps through his costume and allows him to stick to walls. He actually did it before the Spider bite, that just gave him the strength and spider sense.

I think that was Diageo's point. Hence the finger-less gloves. ;)

Oops, I just realised my boo-boo. This always happens when I post from guyPhone, neglecting to fully read/process stuff. Sorry, Diageo.

I was mostly testing to see if Spidey fans would emerge to teach me the truth about his wall-climbing abilities. I was right there, even if the explanations are garbage. Sticky goo? What happened to his cool movie finger hairs that creeped me the hell out?

Meh. I think he's good-looking...i.e. I would.

I enjoyed the first Spider-Man, I think. I disliked the sequels/ they're faint in my memory.

I haven't heard much about this movie but I hope it does Spidey justice. A more stylised, fantasy style would be interesting. Rather than gritty realism.

I lulz at people in thread actually writing off the film because of his fucking hair.

Hah..

Question:

The original Spiderman movie was going to have an ending involving a giant web and the Twin Towers. Since 9-11meant for a script rewrite, did you think the ending of Spiderman 3 (Giant Web @ Construction site) was similar to what they wanted to do with Spiderman one ending?

I enjoyed the first Spider-Man, I think. I disliked the sequels/ they're faint in my memory.

I haven't heard much about this movie but I hope it does Spidey justice. A more stylised, fantasy style would be interesting. Rather than gritty realism.

Spider-Man is quite fucking terrible really. Basically. Spider-Man 2 shits on it so so so so so fucking hard.

Question:

The original Spiderman movie was going to have an ending involving a giant web and the Twin Towers. Since 9-11meant for a script rewrite, did you think the ending of Spiderman 3 (Giant Web @ Construction site) was similar to what they wanted to do with Spiderman one ending?

The WTC scene was (AFAIA) simply a small scene in the movie and definitely not part of the ending. It was Spidey catching a falling helicopter in a web between the two towers. So it is unlikely that it influenced the third movie.

Also the scene was actually completed/done/filmed whatever, and simply cut out. (Again...as far as I am aware)

I lulz at people in thread actually writing off the film because of his fucking hair.

Hah..

But if you consider that maybe they really are aiming this at the twilight crowd, that someone sat around a table and thought "what should we make our Peter Parker look like to attract a wide audience? Ah... how about that Robert Pattinson... loads of teenage girls love him. And we could make him shoot sparkly web..."

Then it's a whole level of fear and cringeyness.

I'm certainly not writing anything off, I just have a new found trepidation.

But if you consider that maybe they really are aiming this at the twilight crowd, that someone sat around a table and thought "what should we make our Peter Parker look like to attract a wide audience... ah... how about that Robert Pattinson...

Then it's a whole level of fear and cringeyness.

I'm certainly not writing anything off, I just have a new found trepidation.

It's ridiculous to be making links to Twilight, his hair wasn't too dissimilar to that before he began work on Spider-Man.