NEurope
Raining_again

What are your eating habits like?

No matter what I eat I never seem to gain any weight. If I do it usually drops off in a few days, which is weird because all I eat is a load of crap. This bowel thing is kind of screwing up my diet in a way too, sucks.

If you ate healthier food more often you'll probably find you can put it on again.. If you think you have crohns (like you've mentioned) and eat nothing but rubbish (which 99% of is filled with gluten) you're body won't absorb any of it... Hence why they say a lot of crohns patients are actually very underweight and malnourished.

But yeah keep eating gluten until you're tested because it'll come out negative if you are strictly gluten free!

When I was at weightwatchers I was eating a lot of gluten stuff (bread pasta etc) and very little fat and I was losing weight at a scary pace, but I was also so extremely sick! Hence why I could never stick to it. Apparently crohns tolerate a higher fat:carb ratio than a normal person

Edited by Raining_again

Mine are god awful. My parents keep buying me white chocolate and I just cant stop eating white chocolate :(

Oooo, white chocolate is the worst for you. And I love it. :heh:

God today has been an awful day in terms of food :/

Woke up at 11, had a bowl of cheerio's (semi skimmed milk). About an hour later i was about to go on a trip to Bicester so I had a whey protein shake. Got to around 5 and I was starving and all that we could find was a Burger King (Chicken Royale Meal) and missed dinner when I got in so ate a 50g serving of the whey protein, again with Semi skimmed milk.

Hate days like this, i've defo not eaten enough which means yes I'll put on a bit of muscle (been going to the gym a lot) but also means im getting skinnierrr :/

I've got such a horrible diet :S

Some days when I'm busy upstairs in my room either religiously practicing the piano or painting I may only eat a bowl of cornflakes, some tea or coffee and dinner which is usually spuds(mashed potatoes) and chicken with mountains of ketchup of course.

I like to drink Cranberry juice most days though :D Quite tasty it is.

(Not aimed at you because you're not doing that. I'm venting; at work I'm surrounded by these annoying women who constantly talk about dieting. It's amazing how many conversations they can have about which soup to have - the 40 calorie one of the 60 calorie one. :indeed: ).

It's even worse when said people are dieting to lose weight, yet they already look underweight.

I like to drink Cranberry juice most days though :D Quite tasty it is.

I love Cranberry juice. Sooooooooooo good. Have had some strange looks from friends when drinking it, though, and them asking why. Very good for you though. Contains plenty of anti-oxidants and stuff.

It's even worse when said people are dieting to lose weight, yet they already look underweight.

Totally! These people look perfectly normal. I'd probably start to worry if they looked any thinner...and I actually cared.

I used to have a terrible diet, not give a crap about what calories I was having and generally... eating what I wanted at that given time. Burgers, subways, chocolates...

Then I decided to get a healthier diet because I didn't want to be chubby :P

Like with most things I do, when I set my mind to it, I go overkill. I had a breakfast which consisted of a glass of orange juice and shreddies, a dinner of tuna sandwiches or salad and tea which was usually pasta or rice with something. I had no snacks in between, lost weight (surprisingly fast) and felt brilliant. I felt so much more energised and the fact that everyone I knew kept making a point of "oh you look great" was really amazing. I've kept it up until about a month ago because I was getting a bit too thin and now I'm a mixture of old and new habits.

I stick to the healthy diet that I made for myself but also have the odd pot noodle, chocolate and what not. I've also been going out to restaurants about once a week to keep in touch with friends - All you can eat at pizza hut is a killer! It's so nice being able to scoff all of that pizza but I feel so awful afterwards xD

I love Cranberry juice. Sooooooooooo good. Have had some strange looks from friends when drinking it, though, and them asking why. Very good for you though. Contains plenty of anti-oxidants and stuff.

Ah! A fellow cranberry-er (just made that up). I've had it after dinner everyday now for a while and of course if some friends come around I get some strange looks too, but it's worth it :p

I also found out completely randomly that Oprah loves the juice as well. I just so happened to scan through that issue she did with Ellen deGeneres and found it. There's one random fact for you.

My diet used to be good. Still is when I'm at home and meals are cooked for me.

At uni not so much but at least then the meals were at normal times now I come in and have my dinner about 11 because of work, breakfast is about 12 or non existant and lunch is where dinner should be or again not at all. :)

The only really bad thing about my diet is how much sugar I have. I must go over the RDA constantly - especially considering how much Coke or w/e I'll drink. I also have frozen pizzas too often but they're just so easy.