NEurope
Raining_again

What are your eating habits like?

Are you a mega rubbish eater or very strict on your diet? Do you have certain food you eat every day no matter what?

I'm looking for some inspiration for some food I can enjoy on a long term basis that is healthy... I'm not a fussy eater by any means, but very fickle when it comes to food! I'll eat tuna sandwiches every day for a month, then get bored of it and never want to see them again for ages!

I'm just really struggling to find EXCITEMENT in food. I don't eat for the purpose of survival, I eat because I enjoy it!

Give me some recipes guys and gals!

:grin:

I don't eat any processed food (At least as much as humanly possible). Brown rice, brown pasta, brown bread. I used to hate it and just went for the processed stuff all the time. After getting used to the brown stuff, getting used to eating brown rice took about two months - it was a hassle at first, I love it. Honestly cannot get enough. White bread is absolutely disgusting - it's just shit that clogs up your digestive tract.

It's weird, at first you think it's a bit gross but after a while you become accustomed to the shift in taste and you realise it tastes so much better.

I eat a lot. The people who work in the canteen at work call me the 'Growing Boy'. I've only worked there 5 weeks. :heh:

Also, I don't eat any junk food. Every now and again I have some chocolate or something, normally because I want a bit of sugar, but otherwise I stay away. I don't "treat" myself if I've been good. If I feel I need some Jaffa Cakes, I'll eat it. Otherwise it's just going to be torture waiting for that next "treat".

As to what I eat, exactly. I like making sandwiches and pretty much chucking everything in. :D

I make a mean scrambled eggs. Also, pasta. Like sandwiches you can chuck so much different stuff on. Some days I want spaghetti bolognese, other days I want pesto. Mmmmm. I also load it with cheese. I love!

At the moment while I'm at work I munch edamame beans relentlessly. Nibbley goodness. :heh:

Also, I'm an anti-vegetarian. A meal isn't a meal unless something has died, and preferably suffered, for it.

On a side note, eating anything continuously for a month is a bad idea. Surprised you can keep it up for that long.

Edited by Daft

Since unemployment I am chicken wrap king.

- Wrap

- Chicken Tikka

- Lettuce

- Peppers

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwXuFLjY7tkbp3KGSLrC0ja1uHL5c7qMLIZLWfh5GMHHOIBVA&t=1&usg=__OQcfVGukxxjkc4W908Li8uFRXoQ=

dwarf_gourami hears me eating my lunch almost every day. I make a point to put the mic as close to my mouth as possible, without eating it.

Mine are bad. I eat whatever I can be arsed to make hours after I feel hungry. Sometimes if I'm going to the pub I just get a beer and a burger there. I can survive without eating much, and quite badly do so at the dull old pain of hunger. I love sandwiches, especially tuna sandwiches actually, I tend to eat them alot. I've moved back to peanut butter, also. I think they put crack in that.

I don't eat any processed food (At least as much as humanly possible). Brown rice, brown pasta, brown bread. I used to hate it and just went for the processed stuff all the time. After getting used to the brown stuff, getting used to eating brown rice took about two months - it was a hassle at first, I love it. Honestly cannot get enough. White bread is absolutely disgusting - it's just shit that clogs up your digestive tract.

It's weird, at first you think it's a bit gross but after a while you become accustomed to the shift in taste and you realise it tastes so much better.

I eat a lot. The people who work in the canteen at work call me the 'Growing Boy'. I've only worked there 5 weeks. :heh:

Also, I don't eat any junk food. Every now and again I have some chocolate or something, normally because I want a bit of sugar, but otherwise I stay away. I don't "treat" myself if I've been good. If I feel I need some Jaffa Cakes, I'll eat it. Otherwise it's just going to be torture waiting for that next "treat".

As to what I eat, exactly. I like making sandwiches and pretty much chucking everything in. :D

I make a mean scrambled eggs. Also, pasta. Like sandwiches you can chuck so much different stuff on. Some days I want spaghetti bolognese, other days I want pesto. Mmmmm. I also load it with cheese. I love!

At the moment while I'm at work I munch edamame beans relentlessly. Nibbley goodness. :heh:

Also, I'm an anti-vegetarian. A meal isn't a meal unless something has died, and preferably suffered, for it.

On a side note, eating anything continuously for a month is a bad idea. Surprised you can keep it up for that long.

I'm not far off this. I eat any and everything in sight at any given opportunity, basically. I have a pretty epic appetite. I put it down to my parents not tolerating us being fussy eaters as kids- we were given food, not choice! It sounds harsh put like that but some of my relatives let their kids be picky and pandered to their complaints and now the kids eat like shit.

I eat whatever is made for me. At uni my eating habits were terrible, mainly due to having a Subway, a few chippies and a few pizza places less than a minute from where I lived. I also pretty much bought what was on offer at Somerfield for my cooked meals. Luckily, Dr Pepper was on offer 80% of the time.

When I cook for myself (when my Grandparents are on holiday) then I'm awful at judging amounts. I end up cooking enough for three people. None of it goes to waste, though.

I'm not far off this. I eat any and everything in sight at any given opportunity, basically. I have a pretty epic appetite. I put it down to my parents not tolerating us being fussy eaters as kids- we were given food, not choice! It sounds harsh put like that but some of my relatives let their kids be picky and pandered to their complaints and now the kids eat like shit.

I was a fussy eater as a kid, they never gave in to me though. I do eat like shit, however. I'm pretty fussyish now, too. Well, not fussy really, lazy.

On my work days i force myself to eat the same healthy stuff every day. It's really monotonous and hard to keep up. But what keeps me going is knowing i'll eat whatever i want on my days off. I always end up binge eating on my days off though. It's torturous waiting all week to eat some nice food, but i feel i have to.

I eat way too much chocolate and crisps when i am living at home at my parent's house. She buys too much and it's hard not to have a nibble everytime you walk past the side table where she puts it all.

She also buys a ridiculous amount of take-aways. Thats not her fault so much, as she's a nurse and has pretty inconvenient shifts, so she can't cook for us very often, so she usually just leaves some money for us to order in or fetches us a BK or Maccy D's.

I complain about it, but truth be told, it is awesome at the same time! I'm just glad i'm only here for the summer. I'm sure i've already put on weight!

As for ideas on what to eat, i always like some cereal for breakfast, maybe with a Miller yoghurt and a banana/apple. That's about as healthy as a breakfast for me gets. There's nearly always a pack of crisps there instead of the fruit.

For lunch, see above, as i'm never awake early enough for breakfast. However, when i am up for a full day, lunch will usually be something on toast. Beans, ravioli, eggs, spaghetti - depends how i feel.

As for dinner, my favourite home-cooks are Thai red curry, pasta bake and chilli-con-carne. No idea how healthy/not healthy they are, but they taste good! And they are very easy to make.

Oh, have you ever tried Cous Cous? My gf used to make it for me. Mixed with some roasted vegetables, gouda cheese (i think) and sweet chilli sauce, it makes for a nice lunch. And i think it's quite good for you (apart from the cheese).

I try and eat healthy, but it always comes at a fail.

5 days of the 7, i always have Orange Juice (for the Vitamin C). Breakfast mostly consists of Shredded Wheat, but it does go to a Bacon Roll from time to time.

Lunch, well i try for a Sandwich but it has gone down the road to a Pot Noodle/Burger as well. Hey, a Sub-way goes in there as well somewhere.

Tea is what-ever is cooked up, it is mostly healthy stuff though.

I do eat too much junk-food/snacks, and drink way too much Pepsi when it should be water.

I was pretty damn fussy as a kid, not even touching veg or fruit, but that just naturally faded away. I remember once, maybe 8 years ago or so, my mum said she'd give me a fiver/tenner if I ate a whole tomato. I remember vividly feeling like I was going to puke throughout.

I basically never eat sweets or chocolate or biscuits. The amount of cider I've drunk in the last few years has battered my teeth so they are very sensitive to sugar.

I started a diet about six months ago, and even though its working great, I dreading the day I'm planning to stop it. My diet is basically the same as it always been, I eat normal home made food, salad every dinner and some kind of soup, I still eat chocolates almost daily and occasionally some fast food, but I just eat a lot less than I used to.

And this is where the problem lies, I'm used to this quantities now, and I have no idea of what to do to just keep the same weight. I don't want to go from overweight to underweight.

Sorry, that didn't help at all.

You could do some...you know, "exercise" and up your food intake. You'll want to eat more because your body will need to.

Once you've hit the weight you're happy with then look at the types of food you're eating. Maintaining the portion size is a good idea but just factor in a few extra hundred calories somewhere, or swap something for a similar food of higher calorific content?

My ex-ex girlfriend is an expert at calorie counting. Only she's going the wrong way with it, and is the champion of eating habits. I'd post a few on here if I didn't think/know she knew about this forum (found it in her search history! Aah!)

You could do some...you know, "exercise" and up your food intake. You'll want to eat more because your body will need to.

Yeah I started going to the gym again yesterday. Hopefully it will open my appetite a bit.

Once you've hit the weight you're happy with then look at the types of food you're eating. Maintaining the portion size is a good idea but just factor in a few extra hundred calories somewhere, or swap something for a similar food of higher calorific content?

My ex-ex girlfriend is an expert at calorie counting. Only she's going the wrong way with it, and is the champion of eating habits. I'd post a few on here if I didn't think/know she knew about this forum (found it in her search history! Aah!)

That might be a good solution, I don't want to have an appetite as voracious as I had before, so if I can find a way to up the calorie intake sensible it would be better. Maybe drink more during meals or something. It will need a lot of fine tuning.

I do a lot of calorie counting to, it a bit compulsive now as I'm always looking for the chart in the packages, I believe it would help a lot of overweight people if they were more informed on the calories of the crap they eat.

I eat fairly okay, I think. Pretty varied. I do believe I let myself eat too much candy and snacks, though. I'm often hungry for treats, and because of what I believe to be high metabolism, I'm still skinny as heck, so it's not showing that I could do with eating more healthily.

I find the gym kills my appetite. When I get home all i'm thinking about is getting plenty of water and like, collapsing on the floor :P haha. If I didn't go to the gym food would be the FIRST thing on my mind coming home from work.

No matter what I eat I never seem to gain any weight. If I do it usually drops off in a few days, which is weird because all I eat is a load of crap. This bowel thing is kind of screwing up my diet in a way too, sucks.

I'm on a losing weight kick, i've cut out all the crap I used to eat and it's working well and i'm feeling really good.

My food basically consists of this :-

Breakfast - Cereal with a slice of toast.

Lunch - Sandwiches, a yoghurt and a two finger kitkat

Supper - Healthy main meal.

I don't snack in between and drink juice water or tea.

My eating habit is basically to eat as little as possible to get through the day. Breakfast involves a bowl of cereal, lunch is the occasional sandwich, or nothing at all, and dinner is generally a decent sized meal (rice, pasta, chicken, that kind of thing). In between, there's a lot of drinking sugar free juice and water and the very occasional snack such as a bit of chocolate or a berry muffin if they're available in the bakery. If there's plenty of fruit in the house, then I'll snack on that between.

It's enough but if offered more food when my parents are cooking stuff, I'll take it. Probably not the best eating habit but I get by. ::shrug: Could obviously stand to eat more than I do but it doesn't matter how much I eat it seems as my weight stays at a pretty stable level.

I'm not very good at cooking nor do I want to do it. In college I mostly cycle through spaghetti, hot dogs, pizza, hamburger and something the dictionary can't translate. But you get the idea. The only thing I can make that takes longer than 10 minutes are pancakes. I do eat real dinner meals in the school cafateria occasionally, but it's a bit expensive. Despite not eating so much healthy food and have a good appetite for candy, I'm skinny and light. More often than not I buy I chocolate plate when shopping in the grocery store.

My eating habits aren't really the problem anyway. It's more about all what I drink. The dentist told me last time I got five-six "almost" holes in my teeth and I need to stop drinking too much soda(including to do two other things the dictionary fails to translate again, but it's about teeth health). But then summer vacation came and my dad buys four packs of coka cola every weekend. I have by far lost the battle concerning the soda, the other two things are fine. The last hole the dentist drilled cost me roughly 100 pounds :/

I'm on a losing weight kick, i've cut out all the crap I used to eat and it's working well and i'm feeling really good.

My food basically consists of this :-

Breakfast - Cereal with a slice of toast.

Lunch - Sandwiches, a yoghurt and a two finger kitkat

Supper - Healthy main meal.

I don't snack in between and drink juice water or tea.

It's not bad to snack in between. Keeps you metabolism steady.

It's not bad to snack in between. Keeps you metabolism steady.

Yeah, i'm just trying to lose weight at the moment so I'm not eating when I don't need too. I'm not depriving myself as I'm not hungry any way.

Edited by Jon

No matter what I eat I never seem to gain any weight. If I do it usually drops off in a few days, which is weird because all I eat is a load of crap.

It has to come out too.

Yeah, i'm just trying to lose weight at the moment so I'm not eating when I don't need too. I'm not depriving myself as I'm not hungry any way.

Fair enough. It would probably be more effective if you combined snacking and doing exercise, if you want to. If you're serious about losing weight.

I maintain dieting by itself is a bit dumb. Your body is pretty good at adjusting. Starving it is not the way to go (Not aimed at you because you're not doing that. I'm venting; at work I'm surrounded by these annoying women who constantly talk about dieting. It's amazing how many conversations they can have about which soup to have - the 40 calorie one of the 60 calorie one. :indeed: ).