NEurope
ReZourceman

Your Sayings!

I'm sure some of you have come across him at least once but I can't resist having, almost elitist, conversations with my sister with quotes from Shane Dawson.

I could be in front of my own Mam and while talking with my sister, she probably wouldn't have a clue what we're talking about. :laughing:

Simpsons is always great to quote but it drives me bananas when nearly every guy I know in school constantly quotes either Family Guy or South Park. Ugh.

I used mate a fair ol' bit, sometimes replace it with man instead. Somehow and at some point in my life, I misappropriated alot of east/se slang into my vernacular. I also like throwing in posh voices and big long words and strung out sentences. I do different phrases in different accents. I also actually can't point out what I do and don't use, now that I'm on the spot.

I do use fail irl, sometimes win but mainly a loud fail. 'AH MATE!' is a classic. Tings, I like tings! I put tings on the end of words and tings, generally adjectives. There's probably plenty more, I'll get back to you after I have a conversation.

Fuckballs,

Fucking Hell, Fuck Me!

At the end of the day,

In all fairness,

Candies!

Lick ma sack! (keep getting told off at work for saying it in front of customers by mistake)

Holy crap on a cracker!

and probably a load of other silly things.

Fuckballs,

Fucking Hell, Fuck Me!

At the end of the day,

In all fairness,

Candies!

Lick ma sack! (keep getting told off at work for saying it in front of customers by mistake)

Holy crap on a cracker!

and probably a load of other silly things.

I hate people who say that! :mad:

"Woe betide!!!" Me and my gf use this one all the time whenever someone is whinging about something. Its great! You have to really dramatise it to get the full effect. It works a treat getting people to stop whining about their pitiful problems.

"Oi Vay!" It's a Jewish phrase for like "oh crap", think i heard it in something stupid like Sabrina the teenage witch, anyway, being young, i thought it was funny and copied it for a while. 'A while' just turned into forevermore.

"Getting heel" This is something me and my brother developed in our younger WWE watching days. It has various meanings, from getting angry to getting pumped up.

"Getting dangerous" This one is similar to getting heel, and again has various meanings, not related to the real meaning of the word dangerous. For example, someone could make fun of someone and we would say they were "getting dangerous on them". It has various other applications in everyday life though as well, maybe too many!!!

"Stop hey beavis-ing" This came from watchin Beavis & Butthead. There's a moment where Beavis is trying to look at Butthead's test answers out of the corner of his eye, and he turns round and slaps him one shouting "hey Beavis!". We found it hilarious for some reason, and somehow started saying it anytime anyone was spying, or looking at something out of the corner of their eye, and it stuck. 10 years on, and we still say it.

"Olé" This is a spanish cheer, but we use and say it differently, with a sinking town as opposed to a rising one with an extended last syllable, and we say it when something bad happens. I dont know why. Think it came from my brother who used to play online games with Spanish people, and then he spread it onto me when i played games with him. Weird.

People often say me and my brother have our own language because of these phrases. It's terrible. Thankfully, he is far worse than me. I can stop myself using them around other people more than he can!

My gf also gets angry with me for using american phrases like "awesome", "cool as" and "sweet". I cant help it, its just so much cooler than anything we say. Probably because we are a cynical nation at heart who dont like to like things. Probably also the reason why "bugger-ee-doos" is one of my common english-sounding phrases.

I hate people who say that! :mad:

You hate me :cry: I mean, at the end of the day, is it really that big a deal?

Yes, it was intended. And I hate saying it too, it's just stuck in my mind! Always sound semi-patronising when said too.

Inspired by and said in the same manner of:

Arnie in The Running Man: "You must be very proud of yourself"

Billy Bob Thornton in Bad Santa: "Thank the fuck Christ"

Agent Johnson (The other one): "Right up the ass"

To be continued.

The more I think about it, the more I realise how much I swear. It's horrible, really. Especially "fuck" is a favourite of mine. I use it in all thinkable ways. My most extreme case has to be "a fucking fuck fucker". It's laughable, really.

Actually I like swearing in Italian (blame Razz). All the joys of swearing with the added bonus of being able to say it in anyone's company/in any location :heh:

• "Standard procedure"
  • "That's nappy rash"
  • "That was pro gamer"
  • "I'm so Pearsall" (inside joke)

Speaking of swearing in other languages, swearing in German in Ireland is pretty popular I think. Mostly because of that German fellow who was in Killinaskully. Hopefully someone else on this thread has seen it! :p From what I remember most people tend to say "Shizer!"

I have this new habit of saying "merdique" which means shitty in french ^_^

Actually I like swearing in Italian (blame Razz). All the joys of swearing with the added bonus of being able to say it in anyone's company/in any location :heh:

Even Italy?

The Italians swear more than the cockeys (so I've been led to believe anyway) so yeah, it's all good.

I seem to randomly add words like "probably", "apparently", "I think" into a lot of my sentences, which makes it seem like I'm not sure of something even though I actually am.

Man.

At the end of every sentence, it's an awful habit and I don't know how it came along, I sound like a mid 90s surfer boy.

"How's your day been, man?"

"I was so pissed off today man"

"holy shit man, it's so hot today"

I actually want to kill myself.

Luckily when I type, I can stop myself.

"This [object] is the bes [object]"

Usually talking about crazy shit like music that sounds like it was created while candy tripping mixed with speed or something.

Recently I've come to realise that I'd been saying "let's rock and roll" whenever me and my mates set off somewhere - if I ever do it now I ask them to punch me, it's working well.

I also say "How rude" quite a lot.

Is there any other way?

There's the bad way of saying it - the way the unspeakable horror from episode one says it.

Speaking of swearing in other languages, swearing in German in Ireland is pretty popular I think. Mostly because of that German fellow who was in Killinaskully. Hopefully someone else on this thread has seen it! :p From what I remember most people tend to say "Shizer!"

I have this new habit of saying "merdique" which means shitty in french ^_^

I've heard people say Shizer but wasn't sure where it was from.

Are they trying to say "Scheiße"?

I haven't a clue, but it sounds like "shy-zer"