NEurope

I sometimes miss having really short hair. Was so easy and quick to deal with back in those days.

Didn't look as awesome as I do now though

:o

I didn't realise there was actual hate for ginger hair. I always thought it was a joke, because its such an arbitrary thing to discriminate against...

Yeah it's pretty much always a joke. You get the odd person who actually uses it as something to hate but then that kind of person tends to be a bit of a dick anyway. As people have said though it can wear a bit thin when you hear the same jokes hundreds of times.

But anyway no, that's not the reason I'm thinking of dyeing. More that mines not proper ginger, just a pointless halfway between ginge and blonde. I'd call it strawberry blonde if it wasn't such a lame phrase. Anyway I just prefer brown to the colour it is now / fancy a change / stuff

I don't want to side track the thread even more but it's not a comparable situation, and that's what I'm getting at. Insulting a black man has its history spread out over the course of hundreds of years of repression of a race of people. Ginger haired people have never had to face that sort of repression and in most cases, it is simply a joke although I do know that in some cases it's not. It's a prejudice that's become more wide spread as a result of comedy in the last 40-50 years rather than slavery/repression so it's hardly comparable.

But black people aren't being repressed now. So what you're saying is that because they were repressed over a century ago, then it's worse to insult a black person than a ginger person? I've re-read your post and that's the message I'm reading.

Correct me if I'm wrong but after slavery black people fought for equality. Now as I understand it that meant that black people wanted everyone to be treated equally, not that they wanted more rights for themselves. Surely saying that insulted a black person is different to insulting a ginger person (or any other person) goes against what they've fought for over the past century?

Oh and I don't think we're de-railing the thread. This is an issue about hair. The mods wanted more discussion and here is some. Unless they just want posts of "I use x-type of product in my hair".

Does anyone else think Diageo could be like Flink's little bro or something?

As for me and my hair, I use the crappiest, shittiest, and most importantly, cheapest gel I can find. Bottom shelf stuff from the supermarket, bit of water in the hair and then some gel then doing what I do with it. All this because I can't really get my hair to do the lovely things I wish, so I just rock with what I can. I still quite like it, though.

It's the biggest pain when it gets long, I think I share Flink's asian hair, I love it when it's short but long it gets curly and wayward and nothing bloody tames it! It's a big fluffy mess whenever I wash it, and I don't think I'd ever stand to wash it every day. Ususally every 2-3, depending whatever I've got going on and how manky it might be feeling. It gets fully wet often though, as it's very hard to do anything with it without boosting it with water first.

When I saw his picture load up, I did think "shit, he looks like I did when I was younger."

I may upload my driver's licence picture when I have time. My hair has moved on since then...

Dying my hurr brown tomorrow. The combination of dying brown over pink has left me with orange-in-the-light hair now, especially since all the sun has washed it out. So hopefully back to something of my actual hair colour.

I need a haircut too.

When I saw his picture load up, I did think "shit, he looks like I did when I was younger."

I may upload my driver's licence picture when I have time. My hair has moved on since then...

I want to know why I'm little Flink, show me a picture!!!! NOW!

I cut off all my hair.

57907_10150258949305576_601275575_14361095_7516562_n.jpg

..Ok, not all of it, but it's a lot for moi!

I went to get a haircut other day, said my hair doesn't stick up when it gets long because its too thick, so she just cut my hair seemingly normal. I don't know what she did but it feels like my hair is a lot thinner. Weird.

She probably used thinning scissors. They keep the length, but literally just thin how much of it there is.

I went to get a haircut other day, said my hair doesn't stick up when it gets long because its too thick, so she just cut my hair seemingly normal. I don't know what she did but it feels like my hair is a lot thinner. Weird.

I would have thought even when cutting it "normally", unless you have really short hair, they'd be thinning it slightly as well so it looks more natural.

Well she just seemed to cut like normal except now it feels like there isn't as much hair on me. I don't know how well to describe it unfortunately but its definitely different to how it usually is. Not sure how it will react to my clay though.

Ever since I cut my hair almost two months ago, no matter what I do my hair insists on being wavey/curly. For once I actually like it like that. Crazy.

Thanks! It's gone down well, which is cool. May have to go to the barber more frequently than twice a year now. :heh:

Well she just seemed to cut like normal except now it feels like there isn't as much hair on me. I don't know how well to describe it unfortunately but its definitely different to how it usually is. Not sure how it will react to my clay though.

Thinning scissors do look a lot like normal scissors. Plus you are quite stupid.

Mine is the same. Its great short for about a week then gets thick and crappy and meh and I can't afford to get it cut every other week.

I wash my hair everyday but I don't really use any product. When my hair's short it looks ok with a little wax but as soon as it becomes even slightly long, any product on it just makes it looks like a greasy pile of poo. It's at that stage when I just generally shave it off and let it grow back again.

I got a haircut today, and it's made me realise just how little hair I actually have. There's like, no volume at all. I want more hair.

Is there any way to get your hair to have more volume, or to grow more hair on your head? =P

I got a haircut today, and it's made me realise just how little hair I actually have. There's like, no volume at all. I want more hair.

Is there any way to get your hair to have more volume, or to grow more hair on your head? =P

If you have naturally thin hair then you won't be able to have thick hair. You can always ask the hairdresser to try and keep the thickness of it.

Or you can use volumising products.

I don't know, I used to have more hair a few years ago I think, but I seem to be losing lots of it these days. Have to clean out my brush every week. =/

I don't know, I used to have more hair a few years ago I think, but I seem to be losing lots of it these days. Have to clean out my brush every week. =/

You can make it look thicker but adding in lots of layers, you'll never have thick hair, but it's actually very easy for a hairdresser to give you the illusion of such.

backcomb it - although I really dislike doing that because its awful to comb out again :heh:

Hair extensions - you can get short ones to bulk your hair out - and ones that last as long as 6 months

Bumpits!

Or if all else fails, go to a reputable hairdresser, see what they suggest!