NEurope

I don't even know what Flink looks like but I'm going to take it as a compliment.

Also found some, will give it a go for my next night out :)

Is it meant to be beige with black bits?

Edited by Serebii

Black bits? Erm. Mines never had black bits. Beige is right though.

Probably my eyes :p

Yeahno mine was like that I think. Not bits exactly but tiny spots, if i recall.

Also: I'm thinking about dyeing my hair from ginger to brown. Thoughts?

Yeahno mine was like that I think. Not bits exactly but tiny spots, if i recall.

Also: I'm thinking about dyeing my hair from ginger to brown. Thoughts?

Yes, Gingers have no souls.

Yes, Gingers have no souls.

I heartily endorse this comment :P

You're just jealous...

I hate the ginger kids who dyed their hair because people made fun of them being ginger. Grow a fucking backbone will you!

(Not saying that's the reason you're dying your hair d-l-t, but if it is...)

I hate the ginger kids who dyed their hair because people made fun of them being ginger. Grow a fucking backbone will you!

(Not saying that's the reason you're dying your hair d-l-t, but if it is...)

:o

I didn't realise there was actual hate for ginger hair. I always thought it was a joke, because its such an arbitrary thing to discriminate against...

Ginger hair prejudice is a big joke, right? I wasn't aware anyone was ever serious when they ragged on a rusty.

Ginger hair prejudice is a big joke, right? I wasn't aware anyone was ever serious when they ragged on a rusty.

Lol of course it is. Stop reading the Daily Mail.

I've never experienced it (cause I'm so awesome) but it is serious. Some people are bullied for years at school.

Kids are dicks and will pick on other kids for the stupidest reasons.

:o

I didn't realise there was actual hate for ginger hair. I always thought it was a joke, because its such an arbitrary thing to discriminate against...

I used to get insulted all the time for being ginger. I'm the sort of person who doesn't let bullying get to me but when you hear it multiple times every day (most of the time in front of teachers who just laugh along) it can be quite dis-heartening. The thing that really bothers me is the inequality. It's ok to insult somebody because of their hair colour but when somebody in my school jokingly called another guy a nigger in front of a teacher he gets excluded for it.

It's a bit different though Moogle calling someone a nigger, even if it is jokingly done. There wasn't hundreds of years of slavery of ginger people who were kept under the foot of the white man, etc. Calling someone out because of ginger hair really isn't on the same level. I'll agree that it shouldn't be done (and a teacher shouldn't become an active part of it through laughing at it) but unfortunately the world is a strange place. People generally fear anything that is different to themselves rather than accept it. That's the simplest psychological reasoning behind it, and it's something that's pre-dated us for hundreds of years but with comedy, it's only more recently that prejudices are becoming more apparent.

Anyway, ginger hair is a result of a recessive allele in the genetic makeup of people. It will eventually die out, which is said really.

It's a bit different though Moogle calling someone a nigger, even if it is jokingly done. There wasn't hundreds of years of slavery of ginger people who were kept under the foot of the white man, etc. Calling someone out because of ginger hair really isn't on the same level. I'll agree that it shouldn't be done (and a teacher shouldn't become an active part of it through laughing at it) but unfortunately the world is a strange place. People generally fear anything that is different to themselves rather than accept it. That's the simplest psychological reasoning behind it, and it's something that's pre-dated us for hundreds of years but with comedy, it's only more recently that prejudices are becoming more apparent.

Anyway, ginger hair is a result of a recessive allele in the genetic makeup of people. It will eventually die out, which is said really.

Clicky

So because something happened years ago that nobody alive can even remember that means that it's worse to insult a black person for being black than a ginger person for being ginger? Great equality we've achieved there.

Also I believe the ginger hair dying out thing is a myth. Not sure though.

So because something happened years ago that nobody alive can even remember that means that it's worse to insult a black person for being black than a ginger person for being ginger? Great equality we've achieved there.

Also I believe the ginger hair dying out thing is a myth. Not sure though.

I don't want to side track the thread even more but it's not a comparable situation, and that's what I'm getting at. Insulting a black man has its history spread out over the course of hundreds of years of repression of a race of people. Ginger haired people have never had to face that sort of repression and in most cases, it is simply a joke although I do know that in some cases it's not. It's a prejudice that's become more wide spread as a result of comedy in the last 40-50 years rather than slavery/repression so it's hardly comparable.

I'm not saying it's right that ginger people, or anyone for that fact, gets picked on for a characteristic but as I said, people fear what is different rather than accept it in most cases when really, we should all accept that we're different. But then that's be too simple for the world.

And as far as I'm aware, the ginger allele is becoming less and less common across Europe and North America. It's only found in these places but as a recessive allele, it's becoming less apparent in new borns. Whether it dies out remains to be seen (and even I'm a little skeptical that it will) but it is decreasing in appearance sadly.

---------------------

Anyway, back on topic, the number of people complaining about terrible hair is rather amusing. Having not had a hair cut in 2 years, I think any small issues people have with their hair pale in comparison to mine. I mean, if I put gel in my hair as it is, it'd probably just tangle itself up further and then fall out.

Edited by Ganepark32

Anyway, back on topic, the number of people complaining about terrible hair is rather amusing. Having not had a hair cut in 2 years, I think any small issues people have with their hair pale in comparison to mine. I mean, if I put gel in my hair as it is, it'd probably just tangle itself up further and then fall out.

You'll find that's why your hair is in such awful condition.

But I didn't say it was in an awful condition. :nono: I said if I tried to put gel in it them it would be. The only issue is it can be a bit untamable in the morning.

Please read it again, dear. I said probably. I haven't tried it and wouldn't bother given the length.

Come on now guys, no need to let this escalate into a FUCKING AWESOME FORUM BATTLE. GO! GO! GO! GO! OOOOHHHH! OOOOOHHH!

Quick, battle hard before a teacher (admin) comes along.