NEurope

Well I've been looking for a waxy hair product, that leaves my hair in the position I want it, without looking gelled or wet or muddy. So really some good hair wax, any suggestions?

And to make this thread not just about myself, I would like me to tell you if you like your hair, if you think it is important, if you spend hours on it, what do you use on it, and even pictures of it if you want. And if you don't do anything special to it in particular, you can post that too.::shrug:

This can also be an excuse to UIG because everyone has hair ;) somewhere.

Edited by Diageo

I envy anyone who can ponder what products to use on their hair and how to style it.

Balding is no fun kids.

I use various Fudge products and think they're fantastic. They're a bit more expensive than what you would normally pay I imagine but I definitely think they're worth the premium. When my hair is shorter I use Fudge Mat Hed and when its a wee bit longer I go for Hair Shaper Original which comes in the coolest tub ever and also smells amazing. I'm not sure if they have a wax product though.

At one point I did have a product called "Dax" which was a wax product. It did hold my hair in position and it didn't look wet or anything. However it just doesn't come out. Ever. I had to wash my hair multiple times before it would come out.

I have so many hair products picked up at some point but never use. So...I can't really help. Other than there's a Lush one that smells of sweets! :p

And no, my hair is a bitch. Its never going to be what I want it to be, I think I need to accept that.

my hair is blue.

I'm not usually fussy about how it sits so people often find me rocking the windblown look :P

I get my hair cut once every 6 months. That's my hair care regime.

Apart form washing it daily, obviously.

I have this problem too. My within a few hours of applying hair wax and hairspray, my hair is flat and loses its shape again. So i'm trying to go through all the brands to find the best one, but it's expensive. So far the best has been L'oreal Studio Line Indestructible Glue.

The Fudge stuff sounds good though, i'll try that next...

I think maybe the problem is that i have 'long' short hair, if you know what i mean.

Um, ok here's a pic to demonstrate. I'd ideally like it more wild and standing up than it is here, but it's easier said than done.

picture0063v.jpg

Fudge stinks. It's got to be label.m Matt Paste. It doesn't feel like you have any crap in your hair too, which is awesome. Plus it smells of nothing.

I usually use Brylcream's Matt Clay, which isn't as bad as it sounds. It usually does the job holding and it doesn't have an overpowering fragrance.

I just shave my hair every month or two. Liberating feel...this time shaved eyebrows too, just for fun :D

I went to get my hair cut by some italian bloke once. When he finished he threw the shaver on my eyebrows, I was mortified. He said it was the new thing? I fucked off without paying.

Try one called Beever

It's a putty that leaves no trace in your hair at all, smells good and provides a pretty strong hold. I swear by it now.

Apart from being bald, I think I have the worst possible hair a man can get. (I personally don't see what's wrong with being bald, but then I'm not and people understandably don't like it when they are)

It has no shape. It's neither curly nor straight, just this mass. It's incredibly dry, so it looks like matted doll's hair. It's all bouncy like curly hair though, so it kinda floats above my head.

I don't know how people have hair that looks "normal" and shiny. When I straighten it (I do this less nowadays I have my hair shorter) it just looks like a wool hat/wig.

This was all true before I dyed it and started straightening it too.

I also look much better with a fringe, but I've damaged my eyes from when I had a fringe all the time past/on my eye line, and now I physically can't bear having a fringe near my eyes. My forehead also gets really sweaty by having a fringe (probably cause my hair is like dolls hair/a wig), so that's a no-no.

[/rant]

I Currently use Shockwaves texturising gum to spike the top and back of my hair up, and to style the fringe.

and then spray on a load of shockwaves 'ultra strong' hairspray.

i also straighten my hair every morning ::shrug:

i got my hair cut today... a nice bill of £26.99

I have this problem too. My within a few hours of applying hair wax and hairspray, my hair is flat and loses its shape again. So i'm trying to go through all the brands to find the best one, but it's expensive. So far the best has been L'oreal Studio Line Indestructible Glue.

The Fudge stuff sounds good though, i'll try that next...

I think maybe the problem is that i have 'long' short hair, if you know what i mean.

Um, ok here's a pic to demonstrate. I'd ideally like it more wild and standing up than it is here, but it's easier said than done.

picture0063v.jpg

I used to have hair this short, and I also have EXTREMELY fine and flat hair. All I could ever do is just straighten it and leave it as is. >_>

My hair just falls completely flat and has no shape or size.. b00

Once a month I shave my hair to a 2.

That's... it.

Oh, and washing it every day which is super quick.

Apart from being bald, I think I have the worst possible hair a man can get. (I personally don't see what's wrong with being bald, but then I'm not and people understandably don't like it when they are)

It has no shape. It's neither curly nor straight, just this mass. It's incredibly dry, so it looks like matted doll's hair. It's all bouncy like curly hair though, so it kinda floats above my head.

I don't know how people have hair that looks "normal" and shiny. When I straighten it (I do this less nowadays I have my hair shorter) it just looks like a wool hat/wig.

This was all true before I dyed it and started straightening it too.

I also look much better with a fringe, but I've damaged my eyes from when I had a fringe all the time past/on my eye line, and now I physically can't bear having a fringe near my eyes. My forehead also gets really sweaty by having a fringe (probably cause my hair is like dolls hair/a wig), so that's a no-no.

[/rant]

How did you damage your eyes?

Well I think I damaged them. My eyesight was getting worse (I'm now slightly short-sighted), and slowly I started to hate having the hair in front of my eyes, it hurt and gave me headaches. Just thinking about it makes my eyes feel sore.

Maybe it wasn't the hair that did it, but it didn't help.

Fudge stinks. It's got to be label.m Matt Paste. It doesn't feel like you have any crap in your hair too, which is awesome. Plus it smells of nothing.

I hate the feeling of product in my hair, which is also why I normally don't bother.

Try one called Beever

It's a putty that leaves no trace in your hair at all, smells good and provides a pretty strong hold. I swear by it now.

Who else had amusing/weird mental images?...just me?

VO5 Go-Matt-Clay-FTLULZ.

Although nothing can control it at the moment, so its confined to the cap.

The best hair wax is called "Black & White". Seems to increase your pulling power too, to be honest!

I usually use Brylcream's Matt Clay, which isn't as bad as it sounds. It usually does the job holding and it doesn't have an overpowering fragrance.

I went to get my hair cut by some italian bloke once. When he finished he threw the shaver on my eyebrows, I was mortified. He said it was the new thing? I fucked off without paying.

Yup, if you don't want your hair looking like it has product on you need to use Clay.

The best hair wax is called "Black & White". Seems to increase your pulling power too, to be honest!

Yup x2, if you use wax B&W is the best by far. It's not very popular but it is incredible. My hairdresser told me about it years ago and I've never looked back.

VO5 Go-Matt-Clay-FTLULZ.

Although nothing can control it at the moment, so its confined to the cap.

Wow, we're hair-care brothers.

Its good stuff. Has always served me well. :)

I get my hair cut every 4-6 weeks. If I don't, it becomes too thick and gets really annoying to manage. I'm "blessed" with Asian hair. Nice when its short. A motherbitch when it gets growing.

I'm blessed with Paraguayan hair. :D

The ladies and Flinky, love it. :p

I do nothing to it and get it cut once a year.

I'm pretty much sex on legs.