NEurope
Jimbob

Space and the Universe

Humanity sometimes sucks, but other times how much we're capable of when we work together can make my jaw drop; I feel like these images come at a good time to give a refreshing and much-needed perspective on our place in the universe. 

I've been staring at the new photo of the Cosmic Cliffs of the Carina Nebula a lot since it came out; it's absolutely stunning! The older version was very wispy and dreamlike, beautiful to look at its own way, but the resolution here from just 12 hours of exposure for these images vs the two weeks the Hubble needed is remarkable. Really excited to see the new findings and discoveries made off the back of this :bouncy:

The highest resolution versions of these images (for wallpaper purposes, of course!) are available for viewing here

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

All I can say is that these are insane. The way technology has advanced from the first images of the planets in our solar system to these is just beyond amazing.

It's truly amazing. And just imagine how many planets are orbeting all those stars... It's absolutely ridiculous to believe that Earth is the only planet with life. 

Anyone watching the Artemis launch today? Super excited to watch this mission progress - should be the start of something amazing.

Quick heads-up, but around this time you have the best chance of seeing comet C/2022 E3 (ZTF). You'll have to google for your local specific details.

I had a good opportunity to see it last night but it doesn't seem to be visible to the naked eye in a city at least. Shame, I would like to see it but it isn't possible to go out of my way to see it.