Street Fighter VS Tekken

More details incoming.

Trailer:

44d0d584043d1c58e7376195be5f3391.jpg?v=202200

"The time for a new fighting era has begun". For PS3 and 360

3711f12ee5308f1d2db174891f814019.jpg?v=202200

156e834b51bc0107584b5a80a05b0cbf.jpg?v=202200

e81a1be30d7b4a2dc3604bbe360c637d.jpg?v=202200

One game by Namco, the other by Capcom. Should be interesting. Not out for a while yet.

Capcoms's game is 2D in gameplay apparently. With Tag team.

Edited by Choze

sf-x-tekken.jpg

It called Street Fighter X Tekken.

Edited by Dante

Holy crap!!! Epic announcement, well surprised to see this coming! Aslong as Guile makes the cut and his theme is in, it's all good.

Street Fighter X Tekken will be SFIV gameplay/visual style, and the fighting will be more like Street Fighter games.

Dear Capcom,

Please take all my money.

Regards

MATtheHAT.

So your getting Street Fighter X Tekken and Tekken X Street Fighter?

SFXT Screens:

24_sfvstekken01.jpg

24_sfvstekken02.jpg

24_sfvstekken03.jpg

So your getting Street Fighter X Tekken and Tekken X Street Fighter?

Fuck yes! And MvC3 and SFIII.

Off-screen gameplay footage

Poor MegaMan at the end. :p

Screenshots:

44d0d584043d1c58e7376195be5f3391.jpg?v=202200

4NnA2.jpg

6Uihj.jpg

ALL08_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

ALL07_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

ALL09_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

UGwKH.jpg

ALL05_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

b614f09072b5be765aa48cb899a4db73.jpg

ALL16_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

ALL09_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

1UP.com -

The announcement came in what almost sounds like the promotion for an epic wrestling match -- the proceedings of the panel were suddenly interrupted (very deliberately, of course) by producers of the Tekken series, and this was followed by a trailer that made the game official (we should have some footage up soon). Evidently SSF4 producer Yoshinori Ono first approached Tekken 6 producer Katsuhiro Harada about the idea, since Ono heard Harada was a Street Fighter fan.

So the original rumor that "Capcom vs. Namco" would be announced wasn't quite accurate (obviously "Street Fighter Cross Tekken" suggests only characters from the Street Fighter and Tekken series will appear in it), but the rumor was correct that there will be two versions: One made by Capcom that'll play more in the style of Street Fighter, and one by Namco that'll play more like a Tekken game.

Details on gameplay are still a little sparse, but some gameplay footage was also shown, which appeared to show how characters could tag each other in during Ultra combos. The demo showed Ryu and Chun-Li teaming up to take down an unidentified Tekken combatant.

Again, we'll have some footage up soon, and we'll be sure to update with any more details that come up.

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost

crazy news but kinda makes sense to make two games. There was no way the teams were going to work together and no way the companies would have split profit if their team had made it and the other hadn't! Seems best resolution for all. including gamers despite the added expense means a hardcore tekken fan for example doesn't have to adapt to the SF fighting system if they'd rather not.

Dear Capcom,

Please take all my money.

Regards

MATtheHAT.

Hm, I don't think they'll get all my money :D But at least a bit. I hope there will be demos for each game...

sfxtk-comic-con-poster.jpg

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost

Awesome additional characters but potentially very game-breaking don't you think? I'm glad that I'll be buying the 360 version tbh. :heh:

What's game breaking about it? The only extra I'm bothered about is playing as Cole.

I'm tempted by the Vita version. If I really feel it I may also get the PS3 version but...hmmm, will have to see. Good think DLC is shared between both versions, I guess. Is there a demo out or coming out?

lol holy crap, awesome Mega Man is awesome.

I wonder what made Capcom go with that version?

Looks great 5 extra characters are fantastic.

I played this twice already and each time it was better than last. Ono is onto a winner.

What's game breaking about it? The only extra I'm bothered about is playing as Cole.

Kuro and Toro are half the height of the other characters, making hitting them a pain in the arse and giving them a massive advantage. It's the same thing that happened with Yoda in Soul Calibur. You had to crouch to hit the bastard, making at least 50% of your moves useless against him.

The others seem to have a lot of projectile based stuff, which kind of defeats the point of fighting surely?

Iunno, I don't play many fighting games, so I may be totally wrong. I'm not even entirely sure why I'm in this thread to be honest...

Ah, yeah, the cats seem dumb. Not that bothered about the projectile stuff. There's already a load of that in SF.

I wonder what made Capcom go with that version?

I hear Keiji Inafune (Megaman's "Daddy", so to speak) was approached by the Street Fighter director, and suggested the Crappy Box Art version, as a joke, and as a reference to Megaman Universe (a game that was cancelled since then)

I think it's hilarious :grin: Though I like Pac-Man-kujin more. It's awesome they managed to make him work.

The others seem to have a lot of projectile based stuff, which kind of defeats the point of fighting surely?

HADOUKEN!

Ryu_Hadouken.gif