NEurope
Retro_Link

The Avengers

Rewatched this. Still awesome.

That girl from the deleted scene is in the bank Cap saves. The meaningful look she gives him as she leaves makes much more sense taking that scene into account, where she has obviously recognised him.

... What? Did you mean to say 'buy'?

What features are you missing out on buying the [sainsbury's] Blu-Ray?

The commentary is the main one.

The commentary is the main one.
Oh ok that doesn't bother me; I'd never listen to it.

Just looked at all the comments on Amazon and it does seem the UK is getting shortchanged compared to the US version....

Except for at Sainsbury's, where the commentary is literally the only thing missing.

Deleted Scenes:

Alternate Opening - Maria Hill Interrogated By The World Security Council (2:34)

-Extended Scene – Loki And Clint Barton Strategize (1:30)

-Steve Rogers – A Man Out Of Time (3:05)

-Nick Fury And The World Security Council (:54)

-Extended Scene - Black Widow & Hawkeye Viaduct Fight (Raw Fight Footage) (1:41)

-Nick Fury And Maria Hill Discuss The World Security Council (:44)

-Extended Scene – Bruce Banner And The Security Guard (1:38)

-Alternate Ending - Maria Hill interrogated By The World Security Council (2:45)

Gag Reel: (4.02)

Marvel One-Shot: Item 47 -Bonus Short (10:00)

A Visual Journey:

BTS Featurette - Go behind the scenes for a look into the amazing sets, groundbreaking visual effects, and stunning cinematography to discover how this Super Hero team-up of a lifetime was brought into breathtaking reality.

Learn about key visual moments in the film, the creation of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Helicarrier, and the massive undertaking to bring some of the most iconic characters to life. (6:02)

Bonus on the Sainsbury's exclusive disc:

90 minute documentary

That'll do me! :D

The commentary is the only thing missing from the other ones that I would watch/listen to.

Anyone else get the boxset or the bluray solo so?

I got the boxset, been watching a film each night since, watching Captain America at the moment which will be the last of the solo films (decided to watch in order of release)

Only spotted it just now while watching, didn't spot it at the cinema or when I rented the film before going to see Avengers in the cinema.

Did anyone else spot (or know) at the part when Cap is rescuing Bucky and other POWs when Zola is gathering some documents before escaping there is a millisecond of a shot of a blueprint for what looks liek his andriod suit from the comics.

Never spotted it before, wonder if that was just there for an easter egg or might we see Zola return in Cap 2 or future films?

Also took a look at the gag reel and deleted scene on the Avengers bluray.

Loved the gag reel some funny stuff. Loved the one when Thor and Cap are to catch their hammer and shield respectively but Thor misses the hammer....also pretty surprised by this as I always thought the hammer and sheild were done by CGI in that bit...how'd they do it? Guide wires I guess?

And teh deleted scenes were good too, wish there was a directors cut option where you could have those scenes back in the film. Things like the Alt opening and ending I think would have worked well and the extending introduction for Cap was good too and helps make sense of that girl from the bank rescue.

Also had the Stan Lee cameo so the cutting of that scene I guess shows why his cameo in the released film wasn't alongside any of the heroes, they must have cut the scene a bit late and just dragged Stan back for a quick shoot for the cameo that was used.

And the extended scene with Banner after falling from the sky which shows where the bike came from.

Ok just completed my Marvel Phase One Week just finished watching The Avengers....first time on BluRay, 6th time overall...still love it :D

One thing though...I'm almost certain I read somewhere that people were upset that the 2nd post-credits scene that was shown in US cinemas was not on the UK/European BluRay?

Did those people actually check for it? Cause I just forwarded through the credits just in case and there it was right at the end where it was meant to be, so WOHOO on that :D

Another complaint was a slightly different cut of the poignant death scene (less graphic, apparently) and apparently (part of?) a scene that was cut with Captain America and a girl - which later resulted in another scene that focused on said girl confusing the audience. What's the standing with those, Mokong?

The death scene has been altered in the sense that you don't see the point of the weapon coming through the body.

Another complaint was a slightly different cut of the poignant death scene (less graphic, apparently) and apparently (part of?) a scene that was cut with Captain America and a girl - which later resulted in another scene that focused on said girl confusing the audience. What's the standing with those, Mokong?

The Captain America scene is a deleted scene and wasn't in either cinema release.

TBH.....we only didn't get the commentary, documentary and had one minor-edited scene, so I think people are getting a little upset over nothing.

I am pissed about the commentary though, but if we don't get an epic edition sometime within a year, I'll just grab the US version.

He mentions Ant-Man as part of "Phase 2" but isn't the Ant-Man film due for release AFTER The Avengers 2?

Yep. I guess they'll just whack the test footage in the boxset anyway, no point leaving it for the Phase 2 boxset when we'll have had the Ant Man trailer by then.

The files look kinda cool, but the Briefcase and Tesseract look really cheap quality. Especially the tesseract how it flashes the way it does and in no way resembles the one in the films.

The collector in me itches to be let out, but I really don't think I can defend the purchase considering I have all the other films already.

The collector in me itches to be let out, but I really don't think I can defend the purchase considering I have all the other films already.

Yeah pretty much the same for me.

And...same for me.

I will re-buy The Avengers if they release a proper version with actual extras.

I ended up downloading the commentary and listened to it with the movie and thats the only extra I was really bothered about missing out on so I'd probably be ok now just keeping our crappy version.