NEurope
Retro_Link

The Avengers

If it gets rereleased in the cinema then great, gives me a reason to see it a 5th time.... but if that does happen it damn well better be on the BluRay in the Phase One boxset, if not and the BluRay only has the "standard" cut....MOKONG SMASH

If it gets rereleased in the cinema then great, gives me a reason to see it a 5th time.... but if that does happen it damn well better be on the BluRay in the Phase One boxset, if not and the BluRay only has the "standard" cut....MOKONG SMASH

The way Whedon was talking about the Blu-Ray was as if all versions had the extended cut. Probably like how the good cut of Green Lantern was the main version on the DVD/Blu-Ray.

The way Whedon was talking about the Blu-Ray was as if all versions had the extended cut. Probably like how the good cut of Green Lantern was the main version on the DVD/Blu-Ray.

Wait a minute... there's a better version of Green Lantern? Is it much better than what was in the cinema? Might go rent it so, haha.

Wait a minute... there's a better version of Green Lantern? Is it much better than what was in the cinema? Might go rent it so, haha.

I didn't see the version in the cinema, but I really enjoyed the "Extended" Green Lantern.

Where do you guys think the scene with Cap and Peggy fits into the Movie?

I can only see it being VERY early on, almost as an alternate opening... or before we see Cap punching bags in the gym, because that scene could then almost act as him taking out his frustration at the situation.

Or maybe before he boards the helicarrier, which could also explain why he seems a bit quiet at first on their.

The extremely lifelike figures by Hot Toys (officially licensed) are coming out in December, I think.

Hot-Toys-Loki.jpg

LOOK AT IT!! *______* (Excuse my Loki bias.)

hot-toys-loki-avengers-figure-1.jpg

Too bad they're like, €200 :( The most I've spent on an action figure is like €30 on FFVIII Play Arts Squall!

Fucking BUM on show all the time.

*inserts that "If all the male Avengers showed their bum and Black Widow didn't image*

Can't straight people just get over it? I've seen the face of that figure, it's hauntingly realistic, Scarlett Johannsson's stunning face should sell something like that, not a tiny plastic rump.

I posted it out of amusement more than anything - the news post I was looking at the pictures on only had that image of her and I found it humorous more than anything.

Think you're the one taking it a bit to serious tbh Paj. Black Widows bum is just a funny/sexy joke in itself now, nothing more.

---

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/07/03/marvel-will-reveal-item-47-avengers-short-at-comic-con

Marvel Will Reveal 'Item 47' Avengers Short at Comic-Con!

With the home video releases of Captain America and Thor, Marvel included two 4-minute short films, both featuring fan-favorite Agent Coulson (Clark Gregg), that amusingly tied into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Because of the success of these shorts, Marvel is now exploring the potential of a short film franchise, with each film expanding the Marvel Universe, and possibly even introducing more minor Marvel superheroes like Ant-Man.

According to Entertainment Weekly, Marvel will be starting this new endeavor with the upcoming 12-minute short titled "Item 47," which will premiere on The Avengers home video release. But before the short makes its debut on Blu-ray it will first come to the world of San Diego Comic-Con.

Starting on Friday, July 6, 2012, fans will be able to download The Avengers Second Screen app from iTunes, gaining them access to clips and information. But SDCC attendees will also be able to use the app to participate in a city-wide scavenger hunt, with the prize being a screening of the complete 12-minute short, "Item 47."

The short itself stars Marvel newcomers Lizzy Caplan (True Blood, Party Down) and Jesse Bradford (Flags of our Fathers). It will focus on a young couple who find one of the weapons left over from the alien invasion seen in The Avengers, and proceed to go all Bonnie & Clyde with it. Meanwhile two S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, played by Maximiliano Hernández (seen in Thor and The Avengers) and Titus Welliver (Lost’s Man in Black himself, making his Marvel debut) are tasked with stopping the couple and retrieving the alien weaponry.

Like the previous two shorts, "Item 47" explores a less superhero side of the story. "The world is topsy-turvy now. There’s been an alien invasion, and things are crazy,” Marvel Studios co-president Louis D’Esposito (who also directed "Item 47") tells Entertainment Weekly. “So when this gun *literally fell into their lap, this is a sign: We’re going to rob a few banks, we’re going to buy a boat, we’re going to the Caribbean, and all our problems will be solved.”

It's uncertain if "Item 47" will introduce any new Marvel superheroes like Ant-Man, but D’Esposito certainly doesn't rule out the option of attempting that in the future, though there is some concern about casting the superhero before bringing on a feature director.

“There’s always a potential to introduce a character. We have 8,000 of them, and they can’t all be at the same level. So maybe there are some that are not so popular, and we introduce them [with a short] – and they take off. I could see that happening," D’Esposito explains to EW. “Let’s say we wanted to introduce Ant-Man [in a short], and that would mean we have to cast him prior to having a filmmaker. That’s difficult and something we wouldn’t want to do."

It looks like fans will have to wait until SDCC to see if Ant-Man, or any Marvel superhero, will make an appearance in "Item 47." If nothing else, EW also reports that director Edgar Wright had recently shot some test footage for the perpetually upcoming Ant-Man film. While Marvel would not confirm that this footage will screen at SDCC, it would most certainly be a welcome treat for the thousands of fans that made The Avengers one of the biggest films of all time.

Think you're the one taking it a bit to serious tbh Paj. Black Widows bum is just a funny/sexy joke in itself now, nothing more.

---

I'm not really that riled up about it or anything, it's just stupid. How much more interested would people be in buying it if they saw this instead? Hopefully more. But maybe bum works. Sex sells everything tbf.

hottoysblackwidow13.jpg

That's just an amazing bit of toy crafting right there (as with Loki).

I think it's the skin tone/detail that does it for me - amazing. Obviously the faces are almost spot-on perfect, but yeah, the skin in flawless (well...not literally..that's the point!).

Hot Toys should make wax (er, plastic!) figures, those figures sure beat Madam Tussaud's offerings. I just realised that I've unknowingly walked past their only store in Hong Kong before.

They should make celebrity/character sex dolls is what @EddieColeslaw is trying to say? :p

OH GOD JAPAN HAS ALREADY DONE IT HAVEN'T THEY!?

Btw this figures are awes, you had me at Black Widows rotund anus.

Btw this figures are awes, you had me at Black Widows rotund anus.

I don't think you mean anus.

I really hope you don't mean anus.

ITEM-47-POSTER_810-610x939.jpg

As for the Item in question, it's an alien weapon recovered by a young couple who then use it to embark on a Bonnie & Clyde style crime spree.

Marvel co-president Lous D’Esposito directs, while Lizzy Caplan and Jesse Bradford play the couple in question, and Titus Welliver and Maximiliano play the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents on their tail.

Concept sounds a bit random/rubbish/whatsthisgottodowithanything to me tbh, but I'll watch it regardless. Edited by Retro_Link

I dunno, it fits well with their expansion of the universe through one-shots. Maybe the featured agents will get a bigger role in the next films now that Coulson is gone. Though I agree the plot if a bit, "What is this relevant to again?" Perhaps they want to make it relevant to the universe that aliens and superheroes are now very real?

Good Good!

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/08/07/joss-whedon-returns-for-avengers-2

Joss Whedon Returns for Avengers 2

Will also develop a Marvel TV show for ABC.

Breaking news: Joss Whedon has signed on to write and direct The Avengers 2. But not just that… He'll also be developing a Marvel TV show for ABC!

ABC in Talks for Live-Action Avengers-Connected TV Series

Disney Chairman Bob Iger dropped the news during an earnings call with Wall Street analysts today.

While there's no confirmation as to what the TV show in question is yet, we at the IGN offices are thinking it must be the Avengers-related series that was recently revealed to be in very early development.

This review on Amazon is pretty funny.

I like how Amazon have deleted some comments, but are fine with that review.