NEurope
Retro_Link

The Avengers

One does not simply put Batman/Returns with Forever/& Robin.

I definitely need to pay attention to Loki's expressions the next time I watch it to see if anything can be glimpsed from them about his plan.

While the theory is very interesting and could very well be true. I wouldn't call it very good writing. Especially since there's a typo.

Finally the "How It Should Have Ended" guys finish their "How The Avengers Should Have Ended"

Seriously if you've not seen the film yet do not watch this vid...also GO TO THE CINEMA NOW BITCHES :mad:

K, not as good as I had hoped as aside from the Loki not running away bit "How The Avangers Should Have Ended" was pretty much "How the Avengers DID End" but with added Superman & Batman and dialogue in the shawarma scene (and Banner still as Hulk) that was added for the US release.

Still funny though.

And prolly goes to the films credit that the HISHE guys couldn't/wouldn't change it so much

It's as if they fist Batman so much they need to put him in everything. When he really isn't that great.

Yeah, I can't say I'm a huge fan of those. Batman having that attitude is funny for a bit, but things like that Twitter account are a lot smarter and a lot funnier than just an ill placed catch phrase.

Yeah, I can't say I'm a huge fan of those. Batman having that attitude is funny for a bit, but things like that Twitter account are a lot smarter and a lot funnier than just an ill placed catch phrase.

But he can get away with it.

'Cos he's Batman.

The God Damn Batman on Twitter is fucking gold. Proper, proper funny.

I hate mixing Superman/Batman and Avengers when there's not really any hint of knowing, and just feels like they have no idea about the source material.

I hate mixing Superman/Batman and Avengers when there's not really any hint of knowing, and just feels like they have no idea about the source material.

Have you not seen any of their other vids with Comicbook films?

It's kind of become a theme that the hero of whatever film they are spoofing would end up in this cafe talking to Superman and Batman. Think it started when they did a "How Superman Should Have Ended" which I think was their first comic book related vid then they just kept it going with later vids

Yeah Chair, I'm afraid it's you who isn't knowing on this one.

---

That one was a bit dissapointing.

It wasn't really a 'How it should have ended' either... as it ended the exact same way! #FAIL

avengers-assembled.jpg

• Marvel’s The Avengers (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)

• Captain America: The First Avenger (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)

• Thor (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)

• Iron Man 2 (Blu-ray)

• The Incredible Hulk (Blu-ray)

• Iron Man (Blu-ray)

• Bonus Disc - “The Phase One Archives” (Blu-ray)

• Collectible packaging with exclusive memorabilia from the Marvel Cinematic Universe

I have them all (bar the 3D versions, and bar The Avengers, obviously anyway) BUT the addition of 3D versions, and packaging, and Avengers....probably definitely going to have to get this. Sounds fucking expensive though.

So tempting. Saw the RRP though and it would actually be cheaper to get them individually :/

Ah, fiddelsticks ... I already have all the best editions, but I'm a sucker for collector's editions ...

@ReZourceman, where you get that info, been hoping for a boxset. Been holding off getting any of the solo films on BluRay as was waiting for a boxset with Avangers, this sounds awesome.

Is there a pic of the box?

EDIT:

Ah for some reason the pic wasn't showing for me, spotted the link when I pressed the edit button on your post as thought it odd you didn't have a pic

Saw the RRP being like $220

But damn that is expensive :heh::cry:

Anyway I also just got back from seeing the film for the 4th time, haha. :yay:

Still love it.

EDIT:

Oh forgot to mention last night I'm visiting a cousins house in Dublin so we saw the film (his first time) at his local (cause the 3hour drive to mine was a bit much :heh:) we turned up with like 20 mins till showtime but wasn't that worried.... probably should have been. The film was almost sold out :wow:

Thought as it's been out for what over a month now that shows would only be half full at the most. And the screen wasn't a small seating one either. There were only two seats left together in the 2nd row from the front... and it was a 3D showing.

3D was ok but there were times when there was a bit of ghosting like losing a 3DS sweet spot. The worst was when there were subtitles like in Black Widows intro scene... all the letters were doubled up :heh:

But other than that still fully enjoyed the film (again) and my cousin now understands why I was so adament he not wait for the bluray and see it NOW (he's lazy when it comes to cinema outings)

Edited by Mokong

YES PLEASE! :D

(or just include it on the Blu-Ray, either way I want to see it!)

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/06/13/is-the-avengers-directors-cut-coming-to-theaters

Is The Avengers: Director's Cut Coming to Theaters?

Let's be honest, we all know Joss Whedon had to make a few cuts to The Avengers before release. He was pretty vocal about it, suggesting that anywhere between 30-45 minutes got axed from the film, including some pretty great character moments, like Cap reuniting with Peggy Carter.

But with The Avengers soaring toward that $600 million mark in the US, could Disney consider a late summer finale, with a three-hour Director's Cut of the film, to push them over the top? After all, there are some pretty big box office records ready to be broken.

Quite a few outlets, including Aint It Cool, SuperHeroAuthority and ComicBook.com, have suggested the possibility of a Director's Cut arriving sometime in August, right at the end of the summer season. Considering the box office mammoth this film has been thus far, and all that we know about what got cut, it's certainly within reason that Disney might consider such a move.

With the summer coming to a close, and the heat of The Dark Knight Rises simmering down, it would be a great push for not only the upcoming Blu-ray (slated for September), but also to help Disney recover from some of the John Carter losses from earlier in 2012. But let's not get too excited just yet.

IGN spoke with a Disney rep about this rumor, and they suggested it was merely that -- a rumor. But that doesn't mean the powers that be are not considering the option. The most logical choice would be to return the film to IMAX screens, however, with Total Recall, The Bourne Legacy and Expendables II soaking up screen time in August, an IMAX run might be out of the question. That said, 3D screens might be more accessible.

Now, it's entirely possible the upcoming Blu-ray, whose features haven't been made official, or fully solidified, by Disney just yet, will include a Director's Cut. That could spell a limited engagment, akin to the July one night screening of Star Trek: The Next Generation, to help promote this release.

Regardless, the word here is "unconfirmed," and until someone turns rumor into fact, all we can do is hope and pray Disney makes the call. Naturally, it'd be awesome to see a Director's Cut on Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D, but it would be even better to see it in IMAX 3D.

I'm not sure I want to see Cap meet Peggy though. :(

I'm not going to the cinema to see it again so if the DC is true then for the love of god put it on the blu ray.

I'd rather they just put it on the Blu-ray, but I understand if they want to put it in the theatres as well.