NEurope
Retro_Link

The Avengers

Off topic, I really hope we get a Man of Steel railer with TDKR.

Same here.

I still love the teaser trailer for Superman Returns.

Once you see the KENT mail box and the music starts...goosebumps :bouncy::bouncy:

@Murr

That info post was awesome.

Mega thanks for that.

It never really occured to me how much Hulk and Ironman 2 overlapped timeline wise

I knew Ironman 2 & Thor had a fair bit of overlap in the timeline I just never really thought about Hulk overlapping them also :D

I always assumed the scene with Tony and Gen Ross was after Ironman 1 never even thought of being

after IM2, but it makes a whole lot more sense now that I think of it.

I also always though Tony was talking to Ross about Hulk. Never thought it could have been about the Abonmination. Again now that scene makes much more sense now that I know this :D

Also where can I find this "Furys Big Week" comic? When did that come out?

There's a lot of nice little tie-ins in that info above that I never knew about... would love to give it a read

EDIT:

Just starting Ironman 2 now

I also always though Tony was talking to Ross about Hulk. Never thought it could have been about the Abonmination. Again now that scene makes much more sense now that I know this :D

Personally I think the original intent of that scene was that they were talking about the Hulk and if thats not the case now then they changed it when they had a better idea on the Avengers story.

Wouldnt surprise me if the original idea was that the Avengers movie was going to be them Vs the Hulk but then when that changed they had to change the meaning for that scene at the end of Hulk as well.

Where do all the extra bits come from? The bits about Hawkeye travelling around, the bits about Fury visiting the council and all the parts with Coulson aren't in the films. I know Coulson had his own mini clips (where can you find them?) but where did all that other stuff come from?

Thanks, though - that's a really useful post! :)

Where do all the extra bits come from? The bits about Hawkeye travelling around, the bits about Fury visiting the council and all the parts with Coulson aren't in the films. I know Coulson had his own mini clips (where can you find them?) but where did all that other stuff come from?

Thanks, though - that's a really useful post! :)

I havent read them but there have been comic tie ins, I assume some of the stuff is from them

The bits in purple are from the Marvel One-Shots found on the Thor and Captain America Blu-rays. The parts in grey are from the tie-in comic, "Fury's Big Week", which it says on the image.

Marvel have the first issue of Furys Big Week viewable on their website

But it seems not the other 7 issues.

:(

OH and EDIT:

Just finished watching Iron Man 2, yay.

Though at which part are you meant to be able to see news reports of the Hulks rampage at the University? Again I failed to spot it :(

EDIT2:

Never mind it was mentioned in teh awesome info post by @Murr earlier... sticking the bluray back in now :D

EDIT3

K, how the hell did I miss it all he time... it's pretty much in your face :P

Edited by Mokong
Automerged Doublepost

Marvel have the first issue of Furys Big Week viewable on their website

But it seems not the other 7 issues.

:(

OH and EDIT:

Just finished watching Iron Man 2, yay.

Though at which part are you meant to be able to see news reports of the Hulks rampage at the University? Again I failed to spot it :(

Comixology have all 8 issues, only the first is free though.

http://www.comixology.com/Marvels-The-Avengers-Prelude-Furys-Big-Week/comics-series/7566

As for Iron Man 2, if I remember right its at the scene at the end where Fury is talking to Stark and you can see a news report of the Hulk fight at the campus

I'm confused by the idea that the Captain America scene comes last in the timeline, because it my mind it should be one of the first events.

What is the Avengers inniative if they don't already have a founding member?

I presumed that when SHIELD rediscovered Captain America they then decided he would be the lead of a new special forces unit and began assembling a team around him using other SHIELD agents such as Black Widow and Hawkeye...

It would then be the likes of Iron Man, Thor, Hulk etc... they would look at recruiting to this team.

1) If they don't already have Cap... then when Nick Fury goes to visit Tony Stark at the end of Iron Man 1, what exactly is he refering to by the Avengers Inniative?

2) When Tony Stark goes to see the general at the end of Hulk... what team are they putting together, because as far as I can tell there's currently no one on it... not even him (he's being used as a consultant at this point)

etc...

Also, why on earth would they want Abonination? That makes no sense either.

I'm confused by the idea that the Captain America scene comes last in the timeline, because it my mind it should be one of the first events.

What is the Avengers inniative if they don't already have a founding member?

I used to think the same about the final scene in Cap being before Iron Man but I think it can work either way knowning a bit more now about what Fury was up to

I presumed that when SHIELD rediscovered Captain America they then decided he would be the lead of a new special forces unit and began assembling a team around him using other SHIELD agents such as Black Widow and Hawkeye...

It would then be the likes of Iron Man, Thor, Hulk etc... they would look at recruiting to this team.

1) If they don't already have Cap... then when Nick Fury goes to visit Tony Stark at the end of Iron Man 1, what exactly is he refering to by the Avengers Inniative?

If you go read even the first issue of the "Furys Big Week" comic it makes a bit more sense.

At the start of that we can see Fury is looking for Cap (at some point long before the events in the film where they actually find him) and seems to have been for some time.

We also learn that he has been keeping tabs Bruce Banner since he first became the Hulk and even knew where in Brazil he was (though of course didn't share this with the military/Gen Ross).

Likely he's had his eye on Tony Stark even before the events that lead to him becoming Iron Man, given who Tony's father was and how (as Fury mentioned in IM2) Howard was a founding member of S.H.I.E.L.D. Likely before teh events of IM, Fury could have had his eye on Tony for his invention skills alone.

From what I can tell/guess is that Fury had this idea of gather "exceptional" people to create a "special" team with for a long time and didn't really need to have already had someone to get the process underway.

Cap is probably refered to as "The First Avenger" cuz that is where Fury decided to start, by looking for Cap (as he would have known Cap was of already "a superhero") as he probably (and correctly I guess) must have known/suspected that if Cap was frozen his "powers" would have kept him alive. The rest just fell into place for him... Bruce becoming Hulk, Howard Starks son becoming Iron Man (thereby becoming more than a just a highly skilled/knowledgable scientist to add to the background group behind the "heroes")

And of course Thor just litteraly fell from the sky :heh:

2) When Tony Stark goes to see the general at the end of Hulk... what team are they putting together, because as far as I can tell there's currently no one on it... not even him (he's being used as a consultant at this point)

etc...

Well as mentioned above just cause you don't have anyone doesn't mean you can't create a team... and maybe at this point Tony hasn't even been given all the information yet.

In that last scene he had with Fury at the end of IM2, there's a file on the desk marked "Avengers Inititive" that Tony tries to pick up but Fury takes it from him before he can open it.

Also, why on earth would they want Abonination? That makes no sense either.

If you check out that first issue of the tie-in comic and have seen "The Consulant" (I'll embed it below just incase) again it'll then make more sense.

In short Fury doesn't actually want Abonination on the team. That idea came from his "bosses" at the "World Security Council"... and as you'll see when you check out that first issue of the tie-in comic, when Fury first starts his "Avengers Initiative" they were aggainst the idea and Fury has basically been working behind their back most of the time.

Ok now onto my own viewing progress

Just finished watching Thor...:yay:

That is all 5 films now done and dusted and I my body is now super ready for tomorrow night ... COME....ON....ASSEMBLE...ALREADY :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Again cannot wait to find out how they explain how Thor gets back to Earth and why he doesn't go looking for Jane as soon as he gets there :heh:... I guess cuz it;s Loki that is causing the trouble he wants to deal with that first and make things safe before he looks for her.

Also, somewhat unexpected my wife now wants to come see The Avengers tomorrow now, haha. I guess cause she's been watching the films with me the last few days (and her first time for all but the Iron Man films as she didn't come to cinema with me for the others) she now wants to come see what it has all been leading up to.

Luckily there was a seat left next to the ones I'd already booked for me and my mate in the Premier seats section, phew. Twas like the last one too, haha.

Anyway for anyone not yet seen the "The Consultant" short here it is

Now if anyone might know where I might find the other 7 issues of Furys Big Week *cough* for free*cough* send me a PM :heh:

Edited by Mokong

Hmm, cheers @Mokong X\-C, I'm sure it's been worked out so that it makes sense via these additional comics etc... but I still think it makes much more sense not to do it that way! :p

Just by keeping tabs on certain people, I don't see how there's any substance to any of these 'big plans' SHIELD have, that are supposedly now just based on a lot of 'what if's', when in fact everything must makes sense if you consider Cap to have come first.

Yeah I've seen the Consultant, but I don't understand why The Council would consider the Abomination.

Have fun at The Avengers tomorrow! #Jealous

In the comics Cap was never a founding member of the Avengers, they found him later.

Also in case anyone was wondering, there is supposed to be a scene after the credits.

There is and apparently it's completely awesome. My friend saw it a few weeks ago for a press screening. Bastard.

He didn't tell me any details at my request, but he DID tell me it was the best superhero films he'd ever seen, and that it was totally and completely awesome.

Not seeing it until Saturday so will have to avoid the thread until then. Can't wait.

Also in case anyone was wondering, there is supposed to be a scene after the credits.

Thanks for that. I've been wondering whether there was gonna be a scene or not, but didn't want to search the web in case of spoilers.

Just booked tickets to see this later today with my brother, can't waaaaait. Haven't seen The Incredible Hulk though, would someone be so kind to tell me what I need to know from that film? Would read that big long timeline thing/wiki but haven't really got the time to process it, just want the essentials :)

I had just assumed there would be. Since all the other films leading up this one have...

Shoul be watching this in a few hours!!! :D

Even though I'm ill, that isn't stopping me!

There isnt really much from the Incredible Hulk that leads into Avengers. Just the bit at the end where Stark talks to General Ross about putting a team together. Otherwise its just Banner wants to be left alone, make Banner angry and Hulk goes rarrrrrrrrrrr.

VIP seats booked for the 10.45pm showing........ Tomorrow :(

avoiding this thread very soon, then shall return on Saturday to join in with the Jizz explosion.

Hmm, cheers @Mokong X\-C, I'm sure it's been worked out so that it makes sense via these additional comics etc... but I still think it makes much more sense not to do it that way! :p

Just by keeping tabs on certain people, I don't see how there's any substance to any of these 'big plans' SHIELD have, that are supposedly now just based on a lot of 'what if's', when in fact everything must makes sense if you consider Cap to have come first.

Yeah I've seen the Consultant, but I don't understand why The Council would consider the Abomination.

Have fun at The Avengers tomorrow! #Jealous

Well as mentioned in The Consultant, The Council wanted him because of his previous (pre-abomination) miliatary record... maybe they thought they could control him somehow.

I also think the leaders of the council might not all be "good", given how they were shown in the Fury comic as shadowy faces. Maybe their idea to have Abomination on the team was to try give themselves an inside man to report directly to them about what Fury was up to.

We've not really seen anything of them in the films (and unless I have a black hole in my memory I don't think or remember them being in the comics?) so their "true intentions" could be revealed in the film.

Damn just realised just under 8 hours till I'm sitting in the cinema in my lovely comfortable VIP seat, munching popcorn and drinking a large coke.

Don't think I've ever been so hyped for a film release. I feel like I do the day before a new big game is about to be released :D

Hell even though I have my own 3D glasses if my cinema has those Avengers themed one I'll probably get one anyway just cause of the hype :D

One thing I been thinking about is in what way will Stan Lee make his cameo... I really hope he somehow comes face to face with the whole team at the same time and says something along the lines of "I never thought I'd see the day" or something referencing how they managed to pull off this cinematic universe and get them all in the one film.

Or if one (or all) of the Avengers saved Stan from say falling off a building or something and and asks "are you ok pops?" or something to reference how he is kinda like their "father" so to speak.

Damnit I should have ignored my mates and gone for the early show without them and let them go to the 8pm on... :heh:

7 hours 40mins left :heh:

In the comics Cap was never a founding member of the Avengers, they found him later.

I thought there might be, good to have confirmation... now just to get the wife to stop bitching about going when the credits start :heh:

Might actually belong in the awesome and/or funny thread, but it seems more fitting in here:

538685_10150706229246840_21785951839_9749464_47398960_n.jpg

That is awesome indeed.... get someone to add some colour to it to make it more epic :D

Edited by Mokong

I have Litrally just walked out the cinema.... Incredible, loved it!!

:D

No batman trailer or anything though.

Fucking awesome, all over my face.

Hulk = Brilliant.

Just so people know for sure defo no extra scene at the very end of the rolling credits. There is one at the end of the flashy credits.

You sons a bitches...

I'm outta this thread till Saturday...

You sons a bitches...

I'm outta this thread till Saturday...

Me and you both. Damn hippies being able to see it already. :weep: