NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Jav_NE

Intro Vids - Show yourself!

First i should say thanks to those who helped me a while back planning a European Culture lesson. It helped a lot, and i'm glad to report the class was a success. The students loved it! They all want to go to Spain and Germany now!

Anyway, i need to ask for more help (sorry!). I'm thinking it would be awesome to show videos of people, with all kinds of different english dialects, maybe even European accents, and see if my Chinese students can understand you. They will love seeing your faces, and will be very interested to know more about you (they are mostly girls aged 19-21 if you were wondering).

So, to those who can, i want to ask if you can make a short video clip of yourself. You can include the following...

- Introduce yourself

- Introduce your familly

- Where do you live?

- What are your hobbies?

- What do you hate?

- What's your favourite food?

- What do you do (occupation)?

- What do you want to do in the future?

You dont have to answer all of the questions. If you are uncomfortable sharing any information, then don't worry. Of course, you can be as creative as you want. If your hobby is dancing, then go ahead and show them (even if it is the ReZ spin *facepalm*).

A minute or two will be fine.

Oh, and dont speak too fast! Speak with your natural accent, but try to slow the pace. They will have too much trouble understanding otherwise.

Please e-mail your videos to me at [email protected] if possible. I can always take them off YouTube though if that is easier.

You dont have to post it here if you dont want, though i think it would be great if you could! I'm sure we would love to see it :grin:

Thanks in advance for your time and help :love:

On a forum I used to go on they made this thread, but instead of the categories being so long in one video, they made it a weekly thing.

So one week would be introducing themselves, the other would be their favourite item etc. :)

On a forum I used to go on they made this thread, but instead of the categories being so long in one video, they made it a weekly thing.

So one week would be introducing themselves, the other would be their favourite item etc. :)

That's a good idea! I'll be happy to do that instead if others prefer it that way.

Oh, and dont speak too fast! Speak with your natural accent, but try to slow the pace. They will have too much trouble understanding otherwise.

This is clearly directed at me :( Did you understand a thing us crazy aussies were jibbering when you came here Jav?

Any got this started yet? post ur videos here :o I'll do one later if i get bored enough :p

This is clearly directed at me :( Did you understand a thing us crazy aussies were jibbering when you came here Jav?

Any got this started yet? post ur videos here :o I'll do one later if i get bored enough :p

I was highly confused the entire time mate! Haha. No, it wasn't too bad actually. Though i do remember you guys taking the piss out of us for leaning on the bar. Everytime i do that i think, shit! The aussies will have a field day!

By the way, tough luck in the cricket lately. Pakistan have been having you guys silly, especially T20. My dad's been loving it (he's Pakistani) :heh:

Thanks nightwolf! Hope you can knock something together :hehe:

Sign in to follow this