NEurope
Murr

Dredd (2012)

Just so I'm reading this right :p So if Dredd had come first and you had seen it first you would've still preferred The Rain because it isn't as science-y as Dredd is in the fiction department?

Still haven't watched The Raid yet. Will do today. Promise.

It's more to do with being less cheesy and special effects-y than it being sci fi. I like my action a bit more grounded.

The Raid was utterly inane.

I've just watched it and I have to agree. It felt completely soulless and at times stupidly predictable. The action scenes were good* but apart from that nothing felt that fresh. The fact that they seemed to have crammed every Indonesian (assumption) martial arts fighter and represented all these criminals as such was merely a bonus ¬_¬ I can see how Oxigen prefers his films more grounded if this is how things really look.

*Apart from the bit where one guy carries on fighting quite vigourously after having a piece of office lighting lodged in his neck, that was just silly.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

It's more to do with being less cheesy and special effects-y than it being sci fi. I like my action a bit more grounded.

The Raid is far more cheesy.

...I saw a new post and for a pico-second I thought it might be news of a sequel.

...I saw a new post and for a pico-second I thought it might be news of a sequel.

Coming to theatres in 2014 - Judge Pussy

themicewereuncooperative_zps672d657e.jpg

Did anyone get the blu ray copy of this?

Overall I gotta say the quality was poor (only watched the 2D blu ray), i'm sure it looked much better in cinema!!

Still an awesome film though.

Did anyone get the blu ray copy of this?

Overall I gotta say the quality was poor (only watched the 2D blu ray), i'm sure it looked much better in cinema!!

Still an awesome film though.

I got it, only watched the 2d version as I don't have a 3d setup :(.

Some bits looked good but other scenes not so much, I think I read this was because of the way it was filmed :hmm:

Still a excellent film though

This has been up a few weeks now if you haven't seen it check it out! It's a not for profit Judge Movie and it's rather fabulous.

This has been up a few weeks now if you haven't seen it check it out! It's a not for profit Judge Movie and it's rather fabulous.

Meh, it was ok.

Although considering it is not for profit fan made stuff. It is good!

Meh, it was ok.

Although considering it is not for profit fan made stuff. It is good!

Considering it was made over 4 years for £5000 I'd say it was rather impressive. Mega City One was very well realised.

Considering it was made over 4 years for £5000 I'd say it was rather impressive. Mega City One was very well realised.

Yeah, I will give you that one. ;)

I'm glad I didn't splash out on a blu-ray if this isn't all that visually. I got the DVD sat waiting to watch along with Wreck It Ralph.

When is this coming out on Netflix? Surely it being a flop (sorry :p) means it should be out quickly.

Petitions to bring back ratings challenged TV shows, cult favorite films, and long canceled comic books are certainly nothing new in the fan community, but something interesting is happening with the petition for a Dredd 3D sequel.

2000AD, the publisher of Judge Dredd comics, have launched an official Dredd sequel campaign with a petition that you can sign here.

The "Make a Dredd Sequel" Facebook page currently sits at over 30,000 likes, though it's unknown how many signatures, if any, will be enough to get a new Dredd movie into production. Still, it's worth a shot, no?

2000AD recently announced that they'd be publishing Dredd comics that take place in the continuity of the recent film.

dredd-cover-with-textjpg-a900aa_640w.jpg

You like the film then please sign - you know you want to!

Sign here creep.