NEurope
Murr

Dredd (2012)

@Cookyman I couldn't agree more mate, I was surprised about how good it was. More people should watch it and be amazed!

Dredds aggression and when he was kicking ass just made me think "Fuck Yeah".

I thought the opening scene was excellent as well with his 'negotiating' and his response when control asked him if he needed assistance.

Edited by Mike1988uk

Watched this last week, fucking awesome! Absolutely loved it, some great one liners too.

Wasn't in 3D though which is a massive shame :(

Watched this last week, fucking awesome! Absolutely loved it, some great one liners too.

Wasn't in 3D though which is a massive shame :(

Yeah, the one liners were great.

You didn't miss much, I didn't have a choice. There was no ground breaking 3D moments from memory, just different levels of depth, wether I just got used to it or not I don't know but I seem to notice more 3D near the beginning.

Saw it today, I enjoyed it. Only problem was I went to a new cinema and was charged €3.50 for a bottle of water :/

Saw it today, I enjoyed it. Only problem was I went to a new cinema and was charged €3.50 for a bottle of water :/

Yeah, cinema food/drink prices do take the piss... but apparantly thats how they make money. :hmm:

I remember the days when cinema ticket prices were well under £5...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that even a decade ago it was dirt cheap....I think I saw Anchorman for £4.20 on a cheap Tuesday type-ticket.

And....

Dredd. Yes. So good. I have sorted through my comics (never read any Dredd at all) and so I am going to read some soon. Sorted a box out for my Dredd comics. :)

207913_10152124304100581_715035160_n.jpg

(never read any Dredd at all) and so I am going to read some soon. Sorted a box out for my Dredd comics. :)

Never read any Dredd - wow you've got 35 years of catch up then lol.

What I love about Dredd in the comics is he ages with us in realtime so he's currently 73 and still a hard bastard!

If your curious what to read to get you into the world of Dredd read this - The best stories to get into the Judge

Would love to know what you think Rez.

Gaze_Into_The_Face_of_Fear_by_Jabborwocky.jpg

Edited by Cookyman

Cheers Cookster, I am looking forward to reading some to see what its like. I will let you know what I think. I want to try and fill in the runs I've got. I've got stuff from about 1986 ish.

Didn't read any posts in case of spoilers, kinda been on the fence about this, haven't even heard much about....is it worth the cinema trip/cost?

Didn't read any posts in case of spoilers, kinda been on the fence about this, haven't even heard much about....is it worth the cinema trip/cost?

Yes, yes and once again YES!

It's a cracking film and I encourage you all to see it - we need more badass 18 certificate films I hate the fact that films get cut to shreds to get a fucking 12A rating.

Dredd is an unapologetic dirty, grimy badass movie - go and see it I guarantee you'll love it.

It has the Cookyman seal of approval.

CookyJaws.jpg

Smell the quality

thscreechsanchezrscly1hy4.gif

ok so, I'll prolly try to go see this tomorrow evening so :D

Went to see this today, enjoyed it more than I thought. Film was over before I realised the time had gone.

Saw last night, was awesome indeed, cheers for telling me to go guys :D

Did anyone else keep imagining Sly under the helmet though, haha.

Thought Urban did a good job as Dredd and so awesome that he never took the helmet off which really added to the character I thought.

Loved moments when he was just a total boss.....like

after the bit with the turrent guns and he comes back in takes out a few guys then emerges from the smoke to chuck one guy over the balcony then just walks back into the smoke....no looking at Ma no exchange of words just frakking bossing it, haha

Though a little be disappointed by....

The ending, expected something more epic when he finally reached Ma, like she'd suddenly be an expert in hand to hand combat and we'd have an epic fight scene or something. Instead she just gets chucked out the window...which was shown in the bloody trailers :nono: why the hell did they show the moment the bad guy/gal loses in the frakking trailers?

Though that said most of the big scenes were shown in the trailers....sigh...wish studios would get some cop on these days, at the very least keep one big scene back :heh:

The 3D was pretty good too (didn't have a 2D option)...was this filmed in 3D or post-prod? Best bit of depth was the opening scene with the distant view of the city from dessert and all the slow-mo bits were awesome with the 3D. Overall 3D was better than Amazing Spidermans I thought, which while filmed in 3D felt like a post-prod to me which was a let down.

Also was great they didn't cut down on the brutallity of it, there's been too many films that should have been 18 rated with extra gore but went the safe route and cut down to 15 to be more mass market friendly (unless it was something like Saw an what not). With any luck the new Robocop will do the same as that deserves to be as brutal as can be too.

So I was hoping that this would be out before xmas but that isn't the case. :(

Release date for DVD/Blu ray/Blu ray 3D is Monday 14th January.

No news on extra etc as yet.

Okay, this is now just a joke. This is one of the banners on IGN what I can only assume is promoting the home release...without actually mentioning the home release. I mean FFS, it still has the cinema release date on it.

YmUPB.jpg

This is genuinely the worst marketing campaign I have seen in recent memory.

Can I just say @Daft I'm enjoying hearing your comments about ad campaigns? Go put this stuff incognito on blogspot or Tumblr or something, I'd read it.

Orly? Interesting idea. Veeeeery interesting. I wasn't aware I posted much about advertising, do I? Or are you being sarcastic and I incredibly stupid (because I can do 'stupid' pretty well).

Another advertising fiasco: A quote as dull as "Awesome" from The freaking Sun right on the front of the box with the title. Just....what?

Orly? Interesting idea. Veeeeery interesting. I wasn't aware I posted much about advertising, do I? Or are you being sarcastic and I incredibly stupid (because I can do 'stupid' pretty well).

Odds and ends here and there it seems. You are the resident expert after all. And if I was being sarcastic there would not be room for doubt let me assure you.

Then I shall do it! Now I just need to think up a good name for it... (Writing short copy is both awesome and infuriating. I came up with a brilliant name for the free Live weekend on Xbox but it wouldn't translate across the other European languages. Frustrating.)