NEurope
Cubechris

Halo Discussion

The BR was so much better than the Assault rifle! It's such a good, accurate and powerful gun.

I'm hoping that the multiplayer is more like the first than the second. I much prefer the weight of the controls and weaponry in the first.

Okay me and Diemetrix decided we'd merge the Halo 3 discussion thread with the Halo 2 Xbox live thread into one stickied thread for all talk about the Halo series in general.

Whether you want to talk about Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo on Xbox Live or Halo 3 do it all here :smile:

I'm hoping that the multiplayer is more like the first than the second. I much prefer the weight of the controls and weaponry in the first.

As long as they keep the matchmaking system exactly the same as it is now I'll be happy. And if they keep Zanzibar and Lockout.

is halo 1 mulitplayer? i recently got it and havnt noticed a multiplayer symbol...

wow it is.

need to finish number one before i go to 2 and play mulitplayer

halo-3-20060509050938833.jpg

OMG

As i never had an Xbox and Halo 1+2, when I got a 360 a few months later I bought the Halo Triple Pack [Combat Evolved+Halo 2+Multiplayer Map Pack] and am currently working my way through Combat Evolved, nearly finished. I haven't been playing like loads each week but rather come back to it every so often(like I do with a lot of games) thus why I haven't finished it yet. Once I have i'll play through Halo 2 and then Live till Halo 3 comes :smile: smooth.

As long as they keep the matchmaking system exactly the same as it is now I'll be happy. And if they keep Zanzibar and Lockout.

Absolutely. The Live architecture is sound.

Just found this on team xbox site

In the latest Bungie Weekly Update, Frank O'Connor has revealed that they are already testing the multiplayer mode of Halo 3. Here is the excerpt:

Paul Bertone, one of our lead designers, let us play something that blew our minds. That was single player, and from a mission very early in the game. And one that takes place before the events seen in the E3 trailer, but Lars, one of the new(er) multiplayer designers, has a regular multiplayer test in session now - that happens every day - and with surprisingly polished-looking graphics, although I'm told a lot of the textures and decorator objects are just placeholder at the moment. Could have fooled me.

The multiplayer test lab is still packed full of old-school 4:3 480i NTSC TV sets, which tells you two things. One is that we're making sure this game looks awesome on non HD sets, and two, that there is always a crazy rush to get to the sets that are HD during those sessions.

I've just completed Halo (1st time), what an epic,magnificent game. I'm so glad I bought the Halo Triple Pack for my 360 now(didn't own an Xbox).

Onto Halo 2 soon then, I'll be going on Live and I'd love to play with you guys but can't yet because of internet problems not letting me play with friends (there would be a solution but can't fix because of...well its a long story). But I'm getting my own internet soon for the house, seperate from my Dad's and i'll let you know when so plenty of you can add me :awesome:

damn i need to finish halo 1 first before i go onto 2. gonna play it in a bit, how long is the game? ive only just go onto the ship where the captain is, near the beginning

Long way to go mate, but stick at it its worth it.

I loved the 1st games story and single player mode but Halo 2 single player is disappointing. Dont get me wrong it is still enjoyable but Halo 1 was better for single player mode.

According to the endless archives of IMDb, the Halo movie has been pushed back from its original summer 2007 release schedule to sometime in 2008.The as yet directorless film adaptation of Microsoft's popular video game will be executive produced by triple-Academy Award winners Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh via their WingNut Films banner. The Halo script was penned by Alex Garland (28 Days Later), who was paid $1 million by Microsoft to write a script that met Bungie's approval.

With the third installment in the game series rumored to be connected with the silver screen adaptation, could the delay of the movie affect the release of Halo 3 or are they both planned to arrive in winter 2007/2008?

:hmm: Bloody hope Halo 3 doesn't come out that far away

I've just completed Halo (1st time), what an epic,magnificent game. I'm so glad I bought the Halo Triple Pack for my 360 now(didn't own an Xbox).

Onto Halo 2 soon then, I'll be going on Live and I'd love to play with you guys but can't yet because of internet problems not letting me play with friends (there would be a solution but can't fix because of...well its a long story). But I'm getting my own internet soon for the house, seperate from my Dad's and i'll let you know when so plenty of you can add me :awesome:

I might know why that is, I had the same problem... When you go to test connection what does your "NAT" show as?

I might know why that is, I had the same problem... When you go to test connection what does your "NAT" show as?

Strict. I'm getting a new internet connection soon though so no worries. The current router settings can't be changed because its conencted to my dad's business so is protected etc.

I have a clan called RevoEurope... I'm the only member :( PM me if you wanna a Join.

as soon as i get onto halo 2 ill join, however thatl be quite a long time away as i think im only just at the begginig of the first. and my live runs out 1st june.

im just about to enter the halo place underground on the first one so i dont know how far ive got yet.

looking at some sort of list, ive done the silent cartographer, im up to assault on the control room and look like ive got 5/6 chapters left, thats a lot, and theyll be pretty long wont they? this game is really good!

I have a clan called RevoEurope... I'm the only member :( PM me if you wanna a Join.

We used to have a CE clan at one point, it sort of died, all the members went into Team Skidmark... (I was the overlord)

as soon as i get onto halo 2 ill join, however thatl be quite a long time away as i think im only just at the begginig of the first. and my live runs out 1st june.

im just about to enter the halo place underground on the first one so i dont know how far ive got yet.

looking at some sort of list, ive done the silent cartographer, im up to assault on the control room and look like ive got 5/6 chapters left, thats a lot, and theyll be pretty long wont they? this game is really good!

Halo CE was fantastic I thought. And, man, it only gets better from there on in.

Some very good and fun games with various RE'rs.

Bowser and Rokhed made an appearance. Most excellent.

Yeah, seeing Rokhed and Dan on for a change was a real treat. Let's keep the good times rolling, guys.