NEurope
Daft

Eminem

What does everyone think of his new album? I don't think it's great. I do have 'Love The Way You Lie' on repeat, though.

I think as each album has come out they've slowly become worse, although there are at least a couple great track on the newer ones.

Woah, really? I think this is his best work since MMLP. Relapse had, by far his best flow and rhyme schemes but half of it was wasted crap whilst the other was brilliant horror-core rap. On this album he seems the focus on just bringing out that energy which he never really showed on Relapse or Encore and apart from 2 or 3 wasted tracks (W.T.P, Seduction and Wont Back Down) he nails it. Funnily enough I think Love The Way You Lie is one of the worst tracks on the thing :heh: But each to their own, I can see why people like it :)

Cold Wind Blows is just viscious and the word play is years ahead of other rappers ('You've never seen such a sick puppy/fucking a sick duck/I want my duck* sick* mummy), but my personal favourites off the album are Not Afraid, 25 To Life, Going Through Changes and Space Bound. I quite like Almost Famous too, reminds me of his SSLP days, good times.

Overall, he was experimenting on this album and I'm looking forward to what he does next. The production on this effort is miles better than relapse and he sounds much more confident on the mic. What made Eminem great to me was that he is the only rapper who makes me want to rap when I hear his voice and I didn't get that from his last 2 efforts much, but with this I do *puts on 25 To life*

Someone at works keeps playing one of his songs which just seems to be him randomly saying "motherfucking bitch" with no relation to the music. I really, really hate it.

Tbh, I thought Relapse and Encore were both overall pretty crud. Cold Wind Blows is good. I didn't like Love The Way You Lie at first but I enjoy the Rihanna bit - Eminem isn't great on it.

Edit: I also think 'No Love' is an awful awful song.

Edited by Daft

I've not listened to all the songs yet, but enough to form a tentative opinion - which is... that it's better than Relapse. The beats on this new one seem good, and showing a type of energy that he's never had before. But i'm so far not really blown away by the lyrical flow like i was on his early albums. However i've a feeling i've been a bit desensitized to his talent for rhyming and so nothing will ever really impress like the early stuff. Also, he's kind of run out of things to rap about, which is sad but kind of inevitable since his rapping is/was so autobiographical.

I don't really understand all the hype surrounding Love The Way You Lie in particular. It sounds quite good, but the subject matter and lyrics aren't his best. I just didn't find the 'feuding couple' storyline very exciting.

Also, not sure how i feel about him dueting with the likes of Rihanna and Pink. 10 years ago he'd have been ripping the piss out of them, making Chris Brown jokes and calling Pink a man or something.

I miss the old Em, but i'll always love him regardless.

I think of 'Love The Way You Lie' as a good Rihanna song, not a shit Eminem song. Probably helps.

I think of 'Love The Way You Lie' as a good Rihanna song, not a shit Eminem song. Probably helps.

I'll try. Bit hard though when she's only in it a bit, and he's rapping all over the rest of it.

Yeah, I kind of zone out when it's his part. That chorus has a hook, though.

Yeah, I kind of zone out when it's his part. That chorus has a hook, though.

I agree on everything you said about "Love The Way You Lie".

It wasn't hard for him to better relapse, lets be honest lol. Relapse was complete gash, the new albums pretty good, but he's got a lot of shit tracks aswell. He'll never top slim shady lp, thats pure gold.

I think you have to have somethin to relate to a lot of his new songs, im into "i love the way you lie" only because it reminds me of a girl.

Almost famous i love, it has a dark feeling to it, reminds me of his old days somehow, its good!

And 'You're never over' is very good, even though its him singing a lot, which he is shit at, i just love the lyrics. Proof's album was amazin and a really funny dude, his dvd is so funny. Bit gutted he died, guess thats why i like this one.

I'd still love to see eminem live though.

I cant stop listenin to immortal technique at the moment, 'Dance with the devil' has one of the best verses ever, what its about isnt good, but it hits ya hard, no songs made me feel that sickened before :|

Edited by Bren

I've only listened to the album through once but I thought it was pretty good. I love the single, Not Afraid and have listened to it quite a bit. Looking through the tracklist I remember that "Going Through Changes" stood out to me as a good one whilst listening to it. Actually going to give it another listen now.

I think that Eminem is one of the most talented people in the music scene over the past decade or so. He's had some really great albums and for someone like me who isn't really into rap I really like a lot of his music.

Relapse was pretty awful though. Some people I know played the song "Medicine Ball" loads on holiday last year which I thought was absolutely gash. What has always stood out for me with Eminem is the the songs have a good tune running through them and they all have really clever lyrics. Medicine Ball has neither.

This has completely passed me by. Lost what interest I had years ago. I thought he retired anyway.

Retired...developed a drug habit...same thing really.