NEurope
Dante

Best Cover Songs

More of my favorite cover songs

This is worse than the original. His voice just sounds ridiculous, and the overpowering guitar in the pre-chorus ruins any sort of subtlety that the original had.

I still stand by my opinion that Justin Timberlake's version of this song is a triumph. Just really interesting song to listen to.

Too much yes. Too much.

My reaction to this is exactly the same as to the Futureheads.

I hate Regina Spektor. If she was dying in a ditch I'd cover her up with some branches so no one would find her.

Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder - Won't back down

Bear McCreary - All Along The Watchtower

This has added meaning because of the end of BSG Season 3, and there may be spoilers in the video.

I love this:

Especially how they just got rid of the main melody, and just went with the bass line.

-----

I love this too:

Edited by chairdriver
Automerged Doublepost

Cat Power blows amazingly.

-----

Bon Iver covers Peter Gabriel:

Edited by chairdriver
Automerged Doublepost

@ Dante - Good mention of Placebo's cover of 'Running Up That Hill' as I really like their version. I remember I mentioned it once in the Music Thread and both Paj and Chair threw a hissy-fit over me saying I preferred it to the original version :nono:

I hate Regina Spektor. If she was dying in a ditch I'd cover her up with some branches so no one would find her.

I lol'd so much. I love the image.

I like her/she wrote some amazing songs, but she has Tori Amos syndrome. Used to be great, now shite. She's become Fegina. And only now has she become "well-known". Which is silly.

Also, Cat Power - Wild Is The Wind won the thread earlier.

Too funky for words:

Talking Heads is where it's at.

Easily one of the best covers of all time.

Too funky for words:

Talking Heads is where it's at.

Quoting you because I've run out of thanks. Love talking heads. Love the shoulder pands too!

I lol'd so much. I love the image.

I like her/she wrote some amazing songs, but she has Tori Amos syndrome. Used to be great, now shite. She's become Fegina. And only now has she become "well-known". Which is silly.

Surely Re-gina (rhymes with vagina)? :p (not that I used to call my old boss Geor-gina...)

McFly's cover of Umbrella shits all over the original. But then the original is a load of shit anyway so not hard. Not posting as I know nobody cares.

I think Pete Yorn and Rufus Wainwright do some "nice" covers. I'm not going to try and argue whether they're better but enjoyable (to me) in their own rights, particularly as they tend to change the overall tone.

Surely Re-gina (rhymes with vagina)? :p (not that I used to call my old boss Geor-gina...)

It's Regina, rhyming with Georgina.

Some good ones already mentioned. Couple of my favs below:

Edited by Platty

It's Regina, rhyming with Georgina.

Yes but if you want to be insulting you change the pronunciation to bring it in line with vagina...

I do know how to pronounce Regina :heh:

Awesome cover by Nouvelle Vague.

Edit: Also, why have Placebo just released 'I Feel You' as a single...after seven year?

Edited by Daft

...Rufus Wainwright do some "nice" covers.

I love this. Covering his dad.

That radiohead cover of Ceremony is brilliant but it's not a Joy Division song. It's New Order.