NEurope
Daft

Tron Legacy

Haha! You probably just need to watch it again...like, right now.

I know it's not a very good film. lol

Tron? More like Trum... p.

Okay, no, this does look incredible. I just can't believe it has taken them this long to do a sequel.

As someone who has never fully seen the original, I'm deeply ashamed to even show my face in this thread. Give me another chance, guys. I can see it. I can change! I will change!

I'm glad it's taken this long, They probably wouldn't have got Daft Punk otherwise and the visuals obviously wouldn't match up to this utter sexiness.

Amazing and forever happened when I saw Daft Punk all Tronified in this video.

Edited by Daft
I silly

Oooooh. 13 from House (superschmexy) and Aro from Twilight. Excitement rising.

New poster.

tron.jpg

So I went to the 23+ minute preview thing. Apart from the school of Keanu level of acting it was amazing. It looks like sex. The 3D was awesome, and I wasn't that bothered by it in Avatar, although there were one or two shots that were a bit silly like the panning crowd shot in the stadium.

Possibly the most awesome thing was the soundtrack and holy shit the IMAX sound system is orgasmic. So much bass. I felt my rib cage rumble.

No, wait, the most awesome thing was seeing Daft Punk all Tron-ed up in 3D.

tron.jpg

Also, sickness,

original.gif

I've never seen the original, but I'm tempted to go see this. Do you need to have seen the original to see/understand/enjoy this?

Nope, not at all. It was made 28 years ago so it would be a bit of a stretch if you had to, and this is Disney. :heh: You'd definitely appreciate more of it if you saw the original. Legacy plays on the whole idea of it being set 28 years later, the world looks more advance because technology has advanced.

I think the first one is fantastic - mainly because visually it is just absolutely beautiful (Was the first film to use CGI extensively) plus the soundtrack is electronic and fantastic. Syd Mead did most of the design work and he rocks (Designed a lot of the stuff in Blade Runner and worked on Aliens).

I think it's hard to not like when you consider when it was made (it's almost an inversion of The Matrix). It's very much an 80s film so there is that whole awkward 80s acting thing going on, but taken as a sign of its times it's excellent.

I posted this on the other page but it's so good it needs reposting.

Nope, not at all. It was made 28 years ago so it would be a bit of a stretch if you had to, and this is Disney. :heh: You'd definitely appreciate more of it if you saw the original. Legacy plays on the whole idea of it being set 28 years later, the world looks more advance because technology has advanced.

I think the first one is fantastic - mainly because visually it is just absolutely beautiful (Was the first film to use CGI extensively) plus the soundtrack is electronic and fantastic. Syd Mead did most of the design work and he rocks (Designed a lot of the stuff in Blade Runner and worked on Aliens).

I think it's hard to not like when you consider when it was made (it's almost an inversion of The Matrix). It's very much an 80s film so there is that whole awkward 80s acting thing going on, but taken as a sign of its times it's excellent.

I posted this on the other page but it's so good it needs reposting.

Cool, I think I might check out the original first, then. :)

I just watched Tron.

Rating;

............../10

It's too long and dated to the point it's hardly watchable anymore.

I'm all for nostalgia but this is ridiculous. I have NO doubt legacy will be better than the original :)

Can't wait.

Man, I'm really hoping this is good, since the music is obviously going to be spectacular in surround, but some of the trailers look Scott Pilgrim levels of campy. Well...not quite that bad, but it was just a bit jarring to see some tart swinging a baton in her high heels, in a film thats ostensibly supposed to be stylised in a way that evokes Kraftwerk... not strutting chic.

Let's be honest: the original Tron was groundbreaking visually, but it was not exactly a great story. Fairly cliched, in fact.

I loved the film, but everyone now seems to be saying "Oh, t\he new film doesn't understand what Tron is all about!"

The old film was all about looking good: the new film has that down pat.

My mother loved Tron when I was little and bought the video, so needless to say I saw it many times. I didn't mind the movie but wasn't a huge fan of it because to be perfectly honest I found it a tad boring, even then ;-;

I am looking forward to seeing Legacy though, it looks a lot more appealing.

Imax tickets went on sale like, an hour ago. I managed to nab 4 for the 18th Dec. Get booking now people!

Yeah, they went on sale at 11. The servers crashed. Morons. I got 4 tickets for the 18th, too. Dead centre.

The new 3D trailer of this is really good, they showed it before Jackass when I went on Sunday. There's something win about the smooth shuryuken spinny kill things.

Cool, I think I might check out the original first, then. :)

Ditto.

Never seen Tron and tbh I've not heard many good things about it but I'll give it a go. That modern trailer piqued my interest.

The soundtrack has been leaked.

It's beautiful.

So much amazing.

Sublime. That word will do for now.