NEurope
Raining_again

What do you do for a living?

Seeing as hwyd is DEADDDDDDD...

Lets talk about what we do for a living! Student? Job? On the dole?

Awesome. Talk to me.

I work in a call centre as most of you know, yay very exciting. Decent pay and thats why I've been there 5+ years!

Since last month I'm a Master in Graphic Design/Illustration. Hope to earn my money with that someday, but so far it doesn't seem like it'll happen anytime soon heh (or ever).

So that's why I'll be studying another year to become an art teacher hopefully (realllly don't want to do it but oh well, got no choice).

I work on Sunday normally, about three hours, data input. Basically just putting fax orders into the system so customers (supermarkets, restaurants etc.) can be delivered their fruit and vegetables.

So but yeahhh, art is my goal. If you ever need art, I'm open for commissions and the like. =P

At the moment in time, i am in a role where i answer the phone if someone else doesn't. It's a bit crap i know, hence why i am searching else-where

I'm a Master's student. But on the weekends I have an alright junior management role working for a general retailer. Nothing too exciting but it looks good on the CV.

At the moment, I am a lay-about. Also known as a student :P

Studying for a Masters in Psychology, and hope to take that to a PhD. Not a huge deal if I can't but would like to. Probably end up going the clinical route when finished, although I'd like to be able to do research into areas such as memory and stuff as it's still all very ambiguous and largely not understood.

So yeh, doesn't really quantify as something I do for a living at the moment but hopefully will in the end.

I analyse the European video games market. It's good fun and pays quite well. I may be moving into the US market at some point which would be pretty cool.

My favourites job was working in Game, I'd quite like to work in a shop again.

I'm currently unemployed and on the dole in my gap year. I'll be starting Uni again in September to study Biology. After that I plan to apply as a Clinical Scientist/do a masters/go in the police/other.

I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand shall I reap the sins of this world, and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Coolness Bears. The end has come!

I'm the IT guy for a textile company. Although I somehow get roped into doing warehouse stuff every now and then.

I spend my pay time as a shop assistant, stocking shelves, helping doddery old ladies find the eggs and putting up with drunks. Pay is minimal and I've had 2 weekends in the last 3 months because I seem to be relied upon to do most of the overtime. Saving up for my MA. Better be worth it.

Since last month I'm a Master in Graphic Design/Illustration. Hope to earn my money with that someday, but so far it doesn't seem like it'll happen anytime soon heh (or ever).

So that's why I'll be studying another year to become an art teacher hopefully (realllly don't want to do it but oh well, got no choice).

I work on Sunday normally, about three hours, data input. Basically just putting fax orders into the system so customers (supermarkets, restaurants etc.) can be delivered their fruit and vegetables.

Jealous. The more I do english at uni and the more i do tablet doodles in my spare time the more I wish I'd done graphics / illustration at uni. Oh well they both sound equally useless degrees in the big wide world!

--

I do leaflet delivering when not being a student. Poor pay, but walking around in the sun with an ipod and getting paid is nice. Shame I live in England.

Still in the middle of getting my Masters degree in Civil Engineering

I definitely need a proper job, though...

I'm doing fuck all for another month a bit until uni starts in September since nowhere is hiring anyone with no experience.

At sixth form, I lived off £10 a week EMA, which I understand makes me scum of the earth, apparently.

Jealous. The more I do english at uni and the more i do tablet doodles in my spare time the more I wish I'd done graphics / illustration at uni. Oh well they both sound equally useless degrees in the big wide world!

Don't be too jealous heh. Doing a course like this can actually kill your motivation and inspiration to draw. I haven't really drawn anything for myself in the last year, not even now that I'm free.

And yeah like you said, at the end it's a pretty useless degree anyway.

I sort of got offered to apply for a doctorate, which would mean if I got it I would get four years paid to do research etc. But then I wouldn't be allowed to earn money as an illustrator or anything else at the same time. And research sounds boring (wouldn't even know what to research). So yeahhh, think I'm gonna skip that.

Plus I'm not getting any younger either...

At sixth form, I lived off £10 a week EMA, which I understand makes me scum of the earth, apparently.

Sounds about right. Not at the scum level though, there are worse than you were.

They are called "Benefit Cheats".

I just finished the first year of my bachelor in Logistic and Supply Chain Management. Not sure what I will be doing when I'm done, but before I started the studies I worked in storage for almost two years and that's what got me into logistic, so probably something in that direction.

In a bit of a nowhere zone right now. Should really sign on this week. I'm considering doing a teacher training course, or a TEFOL, but really know nothing about either of them. I'm living off of leftover student loans until that runs out, at which point suicide is teh best option.

I'm working for my dad this summer. He's a self employed landscape architect and he ended up pretty bogged down with work this year, so he needed someone to do some of the menial type stuff such as updating his plant libraries, ect. I already knew how to do most of the work, so he decided just to pay me to do it.

At the mo, enjoying summer holidays. Other than that, i'm doing a degree in Psychology- just went through to the second year (yay!!). Up until then... worked for a company on behalf of the FCO that assisted british envoys and diplomats across the globe (medical assistance, security, etc.)

It's wonderful to enjoy the good student life again but... boy, do i miss my paycheck at the end of the month!!

Edited by Rinha

Photography Lab Technician is the term I use when trying to sound all ace and junk. Photoshop Monkey is what I use when I'm being honest.

Photography is a hobby of mine so it's all good, but it's different enough from my hobby photography to keep me enjoying my hobby. All is rad.

I'm a pizza delivery boy. Hell to the yeah.

But in September I'm starting at Uni studying Theoretical Physics, which makes me about as big an anorak as its possible to be.