NEurope
Happenstance

The Walking Dead

I'm so proud of my joke...I can't see anyone else who said anything similar

I guess nobody liked Everybody Hates Chris...so everybody ATE Chris

You make me cry!:shakehead:(

Not sure if serious. Seen that joke about 20 times already.

So the girl saved by Abraham who was called Holly in the comics is called Frances in the latest episode. In the comic, Abraham starts an affair with Holly so I wonder if it will end up being Frances in the show? However, the name Holly was mentioned when Tara the lesbian was trying to get Noah to tell her about her.

I wonder who this Holly will be in the tv series...?

Not sure if serious. Seen that joke about 20 times already.

Really? I've looked on Twitter and nobody has said anything! I'm gutted now! My friends called me a genius :(

I'm so proud of my joke...I can't see anyone else who said anything similar

I guess nobody liked Everybody Hates Chris...so everybody ATE Chris

You make me cry!:shakehead:(

bad-joke-eel-117028019425_xlarge.png

Well, that escalated quickly (regarding the latest episode).

I guessed Rick was going to go after Pete, and Diana knew all about Pete abusing his wife. That was a nice little fight, of which Alexandria's residents only saw 1/2 of it. My guess as to why Michone decided to clop Rick, probably just to shut him up (either that, or she and maybe a few others have sided with Diana). If that's the case, i reckon they'll side with Rick after they see he's right all along. And the Wolves are coming, so many references in this episode.

This story arc is following the comics really closely, however...

They've already done a herd storyline in the tv show at Hershel's farm. Wonder if they'll do it differently? In the comics, there's another exchange between Rick and Pete, but Douglas's (Deanna in the show) wife gets her throat slashed by Pete so Douglas/Deanna gives Rick permission to kill Pete and the resulting gunshot alerts The Scavengers, another group of survivors. The resulting battle noise then attract a massive herd of walkers. This is where Jessie ends up getting killed as she gets bitten and won't let go of Carl during the escape. Rick cuts her arm off and leaves her to die

Edited by Dog-amoto

I thought the last few episodes have really taken it up a gear and really enjoyed the previous episode. Awesome usage of Nine Inch Nails during the opening moments. :D

Rick's rant at the end was brilliant television. My mate and I were talking about this in work the next day, along with Michonne's accompanying knockout blow. It was bizarre, yet so fitting. I'm growing to dislike Rick as a character, which is the intention.

I have no idea what's going to happen now. My instinct tells me that Glenn is in trouble, but I also worry for Rick and a few of the others.

Could have been more explosive, more pizzazz-y, but as it goes, pretty good. I liked that those "Wolves" were teased as nearly demented psychopaths. They look as bad, if not worse than the Termites.

Tough decision to make, usually i would watch Wrestlemania the night after. But seeing as the finale is on as well, this is going to be tricky. But seeing as i won't be watching all of Mania, should be ok.

I really enjoyed the finale and thought that they paced it well.

I don't necessarily believe that you need to kill off important characters in every finale and I thought that the right decisions were made in this series. Losing Noah a few episodes back was shocking, I didn't expect that to happen. Overall, I think Season 5 has been pretty damn good. There's been a mixture of tension, touching moments, drama, action, everything really. Think they covered a lot of ground throughout this season considering that it started off at Terminus before going to the Church, then the hospital, then into the wilderness and finally here.

Also, this image ruined me.

9hawEYm.png

Finally caught up with everything after a few busy weeks.

Followed the book nicely in its overarching plot. There's trouble ahead and I liked the way this Season didn't try to push the story too fast but still covered everything it needed to, whilst introducing some nice new characters in the mix.

TWD-139-animated.gif

Still progressing nicely. CArl looks to have successfully joined his new girl's gang. And Michonne is back, YAY. Other than that little to tell what the immediate furture will hold, except a large fair and get together.

TWD140_cover.jpg.jpeg

Walking-Dead-140-Preview-s.jpg

If you go on over to the official website they do these beautiful book to screen comparison panels. I'm really liking them.

comparison-VS-Petes-Death-s.jpg

Ohh yeah, and just like that we have Carl on the run (with his pants down), Maggie going to kill Gregory for his short-lived insurrection, and now Negan, with new haircut, staring at an open-door with a large grin on his face. Fuck me, it's going to be a long wait until next month's issue.

And that wait is almost over

The-Walking-Dead-141.jpeg

Issue-141-Preview-s.jpg

Rick: Okay, What'd I miss?

Andrea: Well, you're not going to believe this, but do you have 2 hours spare for me to go through the details quickly

I'm wondering if

Negan will surprise everyone and, realising that the world is better, will make no attempt to escape or cause trouble

Shit the bed.

I was right! Superb issue with Rick talking about being civilised and then the Hilltop scene with Douglas being hanged at the end. Definitely sets up major friction between the two communities, perhaps with Maggie and Jesus becoming surprise antagonists in the series?

Shit the bed.

I was right! Superb issue with Rick talking about being civilised and then the Hilltop scene with Douglas being hanged at the end. Definitely sets up major friction between the two communities, perhaps with Maggie and Jesus becoming surprise antagonists in the series?

Do you think Rick is being too much of a dick shouting at his people all the time? I know Lydia made a big mistake leaving the jail cell open (maybe she's Negan's bit of stuff and planned this with him), but the way Rick said do it again and you'll know what will happen (banishment? That's as good as a death sentence). He's not engendering himself with many friends. I see a coup arriving one day.

Just when you think the pace is going to pick up and holy shit will be thrown everywhere, Kirkman slows it down for another time.

Loved the ending though.

Been so busy this week, that the release of 142 surprised me. Not read it yet, but here's the cover and 3 spoiler scans.

TWD142.png

walking-dead-142-preview-s.jpg

Comic book readers: How far ahead would you say the comic is? If you could estimate, that is. Would you say that the comic probably has 2 or 3 seasons more content than the show?

Think back to when TWD started airing and where the comic was back then. Did we catch up to that yet, or is that still to come?

The tv show has just about got to where the comics were when the show started, but in the comics we've had a years worth of issues out in 6 months and they skipped a year at one point as well

That's crazy!

Would you then say that the show still has 5 years to catch up on, or has the show run faster than the comic with its stories?

hard to say, they spent a lot longer in the prison in the comics than they did on the show (almost 3 years worth of issues) but added in some other stuff that wasn't in the comics - the hospital from season 5 for example

I don't think they'll be running out of comic storylines anytime soon

Things are still moving on nicely, and should really pick up with Rick et.al. slowly progressing into enemy territory, but Alpha is reciprocating the spying fad. Send you minions in, why do the leaders have to do the dirty work?

Haven't read 143 yet, it is out, but will read later today, here are the spoiler scans and cover;

TWD143.png

the-walking-dead-143-preview-s.jpg

That's a big pile of walkers they've herded there. Is this just a threat or reality? What with the spoiler panels warning of big incoming things, here we go!

and the cover and spoiler panels for 144;

TWD-144.jpeg

The-Walking-Dead-144-Preview-s.jpg

Big stuff happening in 144 then.

Edited by londragon

So they crossed a line that Rick and Michonne will never be able to back down from. Will he be able to talk all the groups to amass together, or is he going to be the peace advocate and try to keep other groups from attacking and breaking the peace? Should be an interesting read coming up.

I saw the dreds and thought that it was Michonne who had met her maker. When they revealed who it was, I was more relieved than saddened at the actual cast member who did get beheaded...

RIP Ezekiel. Time to join the Great Tiger in the Sky. Not to mention that Eugene will lose it (byebye pregnant Rosita - we'll never find out who impregnated her now)

Edited by londragon

So they crossed a line that Rick and Michonne will never be able to back down from. Will he be able to talk all the groups to amass together, or is he going to be the peace advocate and try to keep other groups from attacking and breaking the peace? Should be an interesting read coming up.

I saw the dreds and thought that it was Michonne who had met her maker. When they revealed who it was, I was more relieved than saddened at the actual cast member who did get beheaded...

RIP Ezekiel. Time to join the Great Tiger in the Sky. Not to mention that Eugene will lose it (byebye pregnant Rosita - we'll never find out who impregnated her now)

Bed. Was. Shat.

No cover spoiler for 145 yet, should be along this week I think. But, I want to put it out to watch out on Sunday August 23rd, the Walking Dead spin-off TV show is starting 'Fear The Walking Dead'. It tells of the time of the fall, whilst Rick is still in a coma, but from the perspective of LA, looking good.

And because of the freshness of the outbreak, the zombies look different;

Season 6 rotten old zombies

twd-zombie-1s.jpg

twd-zombie-2s.jpg

Compare that to the fresh dead of Fear

fear-zombie-1s.jpg

fear-zombie-2s.jpg

fear-zombie-3s.jpg

Handsome chap

Can't wait!