NEurope
Happenstance

The Walking Dead

Just wait till the rape scene with carl.... shits fucked up.

Dare edit for spoiler tags, just in case.

Edited by Dan_Dare

Holy shit. Just read the eighth book. Issue 48 I think it was. ReZ is right when he says there are much more shocking things in store.

kill little Judith and Lori like that? This is some seriously fucked up shit. I love it!! What next for Rick and Carl?

I can't see the TV show following the comic on this though but you never know. Not seen any of it yet though as I'm worried it won't be a patch on the comic.

Why didn't I start reading this earlier??

48 is one of the most moving comic books I've ever read. So fucked up.

Yeah it certainly shakes things up. It's very powerful- I thought the issues immediately after that were also spectacular:

the issue with Carl alone when Rick has a fever is amazing. And lets not forget that panel with the telephone.

Right, read all the books now - awesome stuff!

Where can I buy the comics on a monthly basis? There used to be a comic store in Bolton, but it's not there any more. Checked WH Smith with no luck (didn't expect it really) Can you subscribe to it anywhere online? I need to buy issues 79 and 80 first though.

I know you can buy them on the iPhone app, but I'd rather read a proper comic than a screen.

This has probably been asked but I can't be botherd to read the entire thread, I was wondering if there was a series 2 in the making?

Right - now I'm totally useless at this sort of thing, but something I thought would have been pretty simple is proving to be a frustrating pain in the arse. I've read up to issue 78 with the thirteen books I borrowed and now I want to buy issues 79 and 80 that have already been published, and then buy a subscription so I can get the rest as they come out. Obviously I need to read 79 and 80, but the websites I've been on will only let me buy from 82 onward, saying that I need to place my order before the 9th Feb.

Why can't I just buy backorders? Surely somewhere has an issue of 79 and 80 somewhere!! Or am I looking at buying on eBay?

Ebay ftw, I believe.

Yeah, think you are right, though am coming up short there too. Ended up ringing up reed and getting a subscription from 81 onwards and they said they'll try to get a copy of 80 to me. I can always just pay £1.79 to read any missed issues on the iPhone app, but I'd prefer to read the print version.

Seen a few posters around town. Channel Five are showing the first series of this in April for anyone who missed it first time round (like me) or don't have FX.

Read issue 82 the other day, things are starting to happen again!

Guess that explains why the DVD box set isn't out in the UK until May then

I see that Stephen King is in talks to write one of the episodes for season 2

Anybody read issue 83 yet?

Major killing spree! Can't believe they killed off Jessie and Ron. The scene where she being eaten and holding onto Carl, not letting go. Rick had to cut her hand off, didn't he??

And what's going to happen to Carl? He was one of the most interesting characters, and it would appear that he may be killed off - I mean he's already survived one gunshot and being shot through the eye doesn't look good (excuse the pun) for him!

I'm only on book 2, but by christ it is gooooood, I just finished watching the 6 episodes and I'm a little disappointed by them, but I honestly couldn't tell you why.

Yeah. I gathered that something happened but when that page appeared my jaw dropped and enjoyed the artwork and...

gathered my thoughts for a few minutes

I've heard so many wtf at the most recent issue....I'm up to 15 need to remember to get back to reading them.

For anyone on the fence or not able to afford reading this great series, you can read them for free here

You need to click on the page, then click on the bottom right to zoom in. Arrow keys turn the pages.

Though you really should buy the books.

Edited by Dog-amoto