NEurope
Happenstance

The Walking Dead

Yeah, the Negan swearing thing. I’ll never understand how you can show explicit violence of a baseball variety, but can’t say fuck. It baffles me 🤷‍♂️

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

5:02 onwards is the real reason why I'll watch Season 9. My god, I hope they do that arc justice. 
Excellent tease for that arc. :D 

Spoiler

So they finally did it. Rick Grimes is dead. It’s been talked about by Kirkman for years and he always said that it was Carl’s story rather than Rick’s. And I suppose with the death of Andrea, it was always going to lead to this. Had a feeling it would come with this Commonwealth arc, (probably around issue 200 but that would’ve been too obvious) but I’m still numb with shock.

Just wish the tv series would’ve had such a definitive end for Rick instead of the shit that we got. 

Nobody else still reading this? @londragon how about you?

Spoiler

So, it’s the end...the last ever issue. Not sure how I feel about it all coming to an end, but I suppose it has run its course now and I’m not sure where else they could’ve taken it. 

Quite a big time jump. Carl is now a grown man with his own family, and zombies are so rare that Hershel (the dick) now keeps them in a travelling side show. Similar to past real life wars, the younger generation are now taking life for granted once more, and most have never even seen a walker.

A very heart-felt letter from Kirkman at the end as well, you can tell he’s genuinely gutted about ending the book, but accepts that the time has come. Though I did like the original idea he had for the book, where the dead prevailed. I do prefer a bleak ending sometimes, though the happy ending we got was pretty fitting.

A great story overall.

• Like 1

Nobody else still reading this? [mention=8211]londragon[/mention] how about you?
Spoiler So, it’s the end...the last ever issue. Not sure how I feel about it all coming to an end, but I suppose it has run its course now and I’m not sure where else they could’ve taken it. 
Quite a big time jump. Carl is now a grown man with his own family, and zombies are so rare that Hershel (the dick) now keeps them in a travelling side show. Similar to past real life wars, the younger generation are now taking life for granted once more, and most have never even seen a walker.
A very heart-felt letter from Kirkman at the end as well, you can tell he’s genuinely gutted about ending the book, but accepts that the time has come. Though I did like the original idea he had for the book, where the dead prevailed. I do prefer a bleak ending sometimes, though the happy ending we got was pretty fitting.
A great story overall.

I was reading the series. After the time jump, I sporadically read. And kept reading in chunks of about 20 issues after a long break. Well, I went on a break after about issue 180, then found the end had come and decided to read the entire series from scratch. I knew I wanted to revisit it, so I thought what the hell, I’ll start from the beginning before reading the last 13 episodes. And now I’ve finished it all. Blown away. What a ride. Andrea’s death still brought a tear, and the end story with adult Carl and daughter was so touching.
Problems - no one gets bitten? old people still die, surely there’ll be incidents, they talk as if no one comes back as a roamed anymore.
  • Like 1