NEurope
Happenstance

The Walking Dead

OMG, that's Daryl's blanket left discarded in front of the squashed head. And is Rick finally losing his hand, that'll be a logistical nightmare to keep up in show. Plus in other shows, and Daryl's brother's, a 'missing hand', replaced with a fake hand always looks too long. I wonder how they'll make it look good?

I've just finished Volume 26: Call To Arms.

Did NOT expect that ending. I'm really, reeeeally enjoying this current run and I have to say that I'm more excited for the comics atm than I am for the television series. The comics are top tier, imo.

Fucking Negan. So damn scene-stealing. I lost it when he's living with the whisperers and kills the boar. That frame slayed me. Can't wait for the next volume. It's very unpredictable at the moment and I can't tell where things are going to go.

Heads up, for the show's Season 7 starts tonight, and that 9 month wait is finally over. Predictions for who gets the honour?

I think Maggie and, that's right and, I have a big feeling 2 are going to get it, and Daryl (but honorable mention to Abraham). For a bonus point: A part of Rick's anatomy is leaving the show, too

Plus the cover for 162 has been shown, I'm not digging this cover art style for the war.

TWD162_Cover.jpg

Edited by londragon

Heads up, for the show's Season 7 starts tonight, and that 9 month wait is finally over. Predictions for who gets the honour?

I think Maggie and, that's right and, I have a big feeling 2 are going to get it, and Daryl (but honorable mention to Abraham). For a bonus point: A part of Rick's anatomy is leaving the show, too

Plus the cover for 162 has been shown, I'm not digging this cover art style for the war.

TWD162_Cover.jpg

It won't be Maggie or Daryl. They haven't got the guts to give a woman such a violent death, especially one that is pregnant. HBO would do that. AMC won't.

Daryl is too big a cash-cow for them to kill him off. For some reason, the female audience love him, but I can't understand why as he's been redundant for a season and a half.

Glenn and Abe. Abe first, then Glenn later in a much more gruesome and violent way. We'll see more of Glenn getting killed than Abe.

Rick won't lose his hand. It'll be Negan just fucking with him trying to make the audience think he's losing it, but he won't.

Think it'll be a good season opener. I don't think it'll make up or justify the cliffhanger. I'm expecting a solid season that follows roughly the same sorta thing that the comic does. I also think they'll drag things out slowly and keep a lot of material for Season 8.

Think it'll be a good season opener. I don't think it'll make up or justify the cliffhanger. I'm expecting a solid season that follows roughly the same sorta thing that the comic does. I also think they'll drag things out slowly and keep a lot of material for Season 8.

I'm expecting a solid season, too. AMC have all, but said it's a season of two halves, one with Rick's team under the kosh and then the fight back. I personally don't think we'll see much of a fightback this season as they'll keep the All Out War for Season 8.

I'm not sure i want to Watch the Walking Dead any more? it just feels physically draining watching the show, or did last season because it had become so bleak, to the point where it feels like every episode is the gruesome death of the week, or the build up to the gruesome death. I've read some of the comics before, and stopped reading around this point in the overall story because it became so bleak. I know who's going to die tonight, the only 'shock' might be if more than one dies and if that occurs its a very very short list of who will, with my money on one person who's death was stolen recently by another character, the actual thought of having to watch it makes me sad, that and spoiler free reviews actual say it is very graphic even for TWD standards, so its starting to feel almost like a snuff film to me.

I don't know, do i give it an episode or two to see if it picks up? i'm blind to the story now, but i just don't have the heart or stomach to every week sit down and go 'here we go' and wait for the shock death

Pretty predictable.

Not a massive surprise considering how Abraham's comic death was given to Denise. They were obviously saving him for this. Quite surprised they did a pretty much frame by frame version of Glenn's comic death though as I thought it would've been too graphic for TV. Very disappointed it wasn't Daryl though.

Pretty predictable.

Not a massive surprise considering how Abraham's comic death was given to Denise. They were obviously saving him for this. Quite surprised they did a pretty much frame by frame version of Glenn's comic death though as I thought it would've been too graphic for TV. Very disappointed it wasn't Daryl though.

I was hoping, as seen in my predictions post, that they were going to throw a massive curve ball, and not kill the 2 obvious ones. So, it was disappointing when the 2 chosen were them. But, the episode redeemed itself with Negan's arm chop or all die psych at the end. Good start, gave Negan the extra push he needed to win the screen time.

@Dog\-amoto So, are you pissed that it was Daryl that caused the death. I'm hearing a lot of hate around the web. Maybe he'll be sent bit by bit to Rick, I doubt it, he'll probably be used to eventually placate Dwight and turn him to Rick's cause.

Anyway I might go on a blackout until the mid-season finale and watch them all in one go.

It's kind of strange how the placement of an episode can alter how good it is.

If the penultimate episode ended before Negan appeared, and this was the season finale, it probably would have been brilliant, and would definitely have made me extremely excited about a new season.

As a first episode after what they did last season...it's alright, but disappointing and predictable.

I thought it was a great episode. It was faithful to the source material in the right places and the extras that they added contributed more to what they were trying to convey.

I still think the cliff-hanger was bullshit. I'm waiting for somebody to merge the finale of season 6 with the premier of 7 to create an ultimate cut of some kind. A giant episode that features the build-up and pay-off.

Glenn spluttering out his final words was absolutely horrifying. I found that difficult to watch. It was uncomfortable, as was the relentless, extra beatings to Abe's head when he was already dead and Rosita's subsequent humiliation. The show went to those depths that I didn't think they'd go to, but the impact is much better as a result of it. It clearly establishes a shift in tone and the balance of power being moved from Rick to Negan. Imo, the best episode we've ever seen from the show.

I'm more optimistic for the rest of the season. Seeing Rick look completely beaten was a tough one. I thought the acting in both episodes was first class. Eugene's crying and the hands over his eyes when Glenn was being killed sold it for me, as did Sasha and Rosita's close-ups both in the Eeny Meenie bit and the aftermath of the beatings. The rest of the crew barely had a word to say in this episode but I thought the facial expressions and look of helplessness sold it all to the audience.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Glenn spluttering out his final words was absolutely horrifying. I found that difficult to watch. It was uncomfortable, as was the relentless, extra beatings to Abe's head when he was already dead and Rosita's subsequent humiliation.

I really wish these were done right (I mean in the context of not building up "who dies" stuff). I had zero emotional reaction to either of them. I kind of felt robbed of what should have been brilliant.

I really wish these were done right (I mean in the context of not building up "who dies" stuff). I had zero emotional reaction to either of them. I kind of felt robbed of what should have been brilliant.

We sort of cheated and watched the Season 6 finale again before straight away going into the premiere. It felt like one giant episode to us. Had we not done this, I could imagine the impact not being quite the same.

Definitely agree with what you're saying about episode placement. This is a tricky one as there are valid arguments over whether it should be a finale or a premiere. I see it as both, in a way. It's the end of one story and the beginning of another. I wonder if having Abraham being selected and killed in the fianale would have been better, then saving the aftermath and Glenn for the Premiere. I could also see that working.

Like I said, as soon as somebody weaves together the finale and premiere into one giant episode, the better.

I don't think I've ever felt that uncomfortable watching a TV show before. Even though I knew the deaths were coming, they really shook me. Then that axe part. I was hiding behind my laptop screen.

A great episode.

I'm a bit shocked by all of the negative press relating to the gore of the premiere. It's meant to be a traumatising scene, and it definitely was! Unfortunately, I think the negativity has overshadowed the praise that should be given to the fantastic acting of the cast.

So.. That really took no time at all to get spoiled, haha (I'm 1 season behind). It's good that I'm not as invested in this as say, Game of Thrones, or I'd be really upset right now.

I thought it was a fantastic episode. After watching the whole new season of Black Mirror I'm loving this new trend of depressing media.

I thought it was a fantastic episode. After watching the whole new season of Black Mirror I'm loving this new trend of depressing media.

If you want something bleak and depressing try HBO's The Leftovers. (I love it and the music is scored by Max Richter who also did Black Mirror's 'Nosedive' episode from the new season.)

The only character I feel has any real depth in TWD is Carol. The others are so flat I don't care who dies.

Have much preferred Fear the Walking Dead.

Weird how in the Letterhacks section of 160, they are saying that

Daryl

was the one who got killed. Don't know if they're just having a joke though.

Not a bad issue though.

Still not digging the massive cast as it can be hard to differentiate and remember who is who. Good to see the Whisperers strike back at the Hilltop though.

Februrary is going to get 2 issues, so here is the cover for

TWD164-Cover-1.png

BTW that's Maggie, Hershel, and somebody else (Carl?) from the Hilltop overlooking the destruction of Alexandria, hunnghnn!

Weird how the wiki for Walking Dead says in the trivia section for 162, this is the first time a living character is shown being killed on the cover.

Am I missing something here??

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Issue_162

One of the Whisperers, a living man, is getting a bullet in the head. Thinking back, I can't remember if a single issue has shown an actual death on the cover itself. So, it's probably right. It's not suggesting Andrea will die, even though I think she will.