NEurope
Happenstance

The Walking Dead

I gave this show such a big chance to impress me. But season 3 and 4 were such a massive let down that I just stopped watching.

The politics in the group doesn’t make any sense... it’s like a 10 year old wrote the whole "IM THE LEADER SO YOU HAVE TO DO WHAT I SAY" story line - that’s not how it works. :nono:

Michonne could've been such a badass but instead she's regulated to being an untrusting mute for no reason other than we need to have someone be suspicious of the governor because he has been designated bad guy status by the infantile writing staff. Also, talking of bad guys... are we, in this day and age, really incapable of conveying who is bad and who is good without making the baddies rape women all the time? Can we PLEASE have some real moral ambiguity? Why did they have to turn Shane and The Governor in to all out bad guys? Why can’t we have a battle of ideas rather than good vs bad all the time?

Ugh, this show. It could have been so good.

Edited by Nuntendo

I gave this show such a big chance to impress me. But season 3 and 4 were such a massive let down that I just stopped watching.

The politics in the group doesn’t make any sense... it’s like a 10 year old wrote the whole "IM THE LEADER SO YOU HAVE TO DO WHAT I SAY" story line - that’s not how it works. :nono:

Michonne could've been such a badass but instead she's regulated to being an untrusting mute for no reason other than we need to have someone be suspicious of the governor because he has been designated bad guy status by the infantile writing staff. Also, talking of bad guys... are we, in this day and age, really incapable of conveying who is bad and who is good without making the baddies rape women all the time? Can we PLEASE have some real moral ambiguity? Why did they have to turn Shane and The Governor in to all out bad guys? Why can’t we have a battle of ideas rather than good vs bad all the time?

Ugh, this show. It could have been so good.

Hopefully this will be fully realised, the dichotomy of ideas, during the Negan All Out War spat which is set to start in Season 7. Negan is truly against rape for one, but does lead with a healthy repect of fear driving good behaviour in his people.

Out this Wednesday, yeah. Negan sticking it to Alpha (with a knife???)

the-walking-dead-156_cover.jpg

The-Walking-Dead-156-Preview.png

Out this Wednesday, yeah. Negan sticking it to Alpha (with a knife???)

the-walking-dead-156_cover.jpg

The-Walking-Dead-156-Preview.png

Well, I loved the build up and humanising of Negan, and then he goes onto greater things by doing that at the end, awesome. And all for the love of Rick??? Beta's not going to be happy, let's see if Negan slinks off in the darkness with Rick's present or does he actually plan to take over and install his form of oligarchy, and deliver Rick's present in the form of violence.

Well, I loved the build up and humanising of Negan, and then he goes onto greater things by doing that at the end, awesome. And all for the love of Rick??? Beta's not going to be happy, let's see if Negan slinks off in the darkness with Rick's present or does he actually plan to take over and install his form of oligarchy, and deliver Rick's present in the form of violence.

Holy shit. Was not expecting that in 156! First time I've been shocked for a while. Totally unexpected twist.

Holy shit. Was not expecting that in 156! First time I've been shocked for a while. Totally unexpected twist.

An interesting theory/assumption about the comics came up on the official website.

We all know about Alpha in 156, well the cover of 157 looks like this

the-walking-dead-157-cover.jpg

The blood splat indicating she's dead???

Well, holy shit look at the cover of 158;

latest?cb=20160614074440

And if this is a trend Beta McTwoKnives better watch out: 159 cover

TWD159-Cover.png

Personally I don't think they would do this as it spoils it too much, but fun speculating, no??

Plus Comic Con TV trailer;

Ezekiel and Shiva (yay)

Edited by londragon

Surprised they brought Shiva into it

I can see an early death due to CG related expenditure.

Some alternative covers for the 6 episodes of The Whisperer War have cropped up, and they all link together for a collage piece, nice;

TWD157_CoverB.jpg

TWD158_CoverB.jpg

TWD159_CoverB.jpg

TWD160_CoverB.jpg

TWD161_CoverB.jpg

TWD162_CoverB.jpg

whisperer-war-complete.jpg

When will that volume be complete and ready to read in one go? I know that Volume 26 is in September. God, I want more of this.

When will that volume be complete and ready to read in one go? I know that Volume 26 is in September. God, I want more of this.

Yeah Volume 26 collects THE WALKING DEAD #151-156, and releases on September 14th. The whisperer war will run through 157 to 162, another 5 months off before the normal comic finishes that arc, probably 6 months off before Volume 27 releases.

Wow, the first time The Walking Dead introduces 16-panel pages. Really allows a packed story, nice build-up to the obvious impending carnage next episode, and that last page, people gonna die.

If anyone is interested Fear The Walking Dead started its second half of Season 2 on Sunday. Haven't watched episode 8 yet, but this is all the run up to Season 7 of the real show starting in October.

I liked 158. Some good action and a major character death.

But it was so disjointed. Kind of finding it hard to follow who is who, especially with the jarring scene changes. They're juggling far too much at the moment. Just hope this whisperer war whittles down the cast and locations a bit.

I have to say I completely agree. I didn't even realise who the character at the beginning was. I know who hardly any of them are now.

Yeah, going between The Kingdom and Negan's old place was, where am I, who are you? Hell of a lot of new characters, and then loads dying that are nobody's, hard to keep track of it all. That can't be all the horde that the Whisperers have, surely more will be on the way???

Hell no, Negan's going to be a changed man now his woman has passed to better lands.I know more is coming, but it seems Dwight's plan to split up the herd and pick off the Whisperers is working a treat at the moment.