NEurope
Happenstance

The Walking Dead

Watched up to Episode 7 this week;

So Glenn is alive and well, how the walkers didn't munch on his knee caps when lying on the floor is beyond me. But, I do like his character, so all happy there. Nice ending with the wall coming down, but I won't be able to watch Ep.8 for another week. Oh well. Maybe that psycho jealous kid will use the opportunity to put a cap in Carl???

Did anyone see the preview of the second half of s6? Not sure how that character will translate to the screen. He'll have to be totally watered down.

Did anyone see the preview of the second half of s6? Not sure how that character will translate to the screen. He'll have to be totally watered down.

I didn't see it yet, but are you talking about the Big 'Neg'. If so, it's going to be totally shite if he's not f-ing and jeff-ing all the time. Funny how you can put, in a TV show, the most over the top gruesome gratuitous violence, but can't say fuck a few times. It astonishes me sometimes.

OK I've seen the trailer preview. His actor seems twitchy and a little nervous, just how I wouldn't expect him to be like. I expected the complete personification of calm arrogance, and not a bit of maple in sight.

Edited by londragon

Still haven't watched episode 8, but the Preview for 149: The Devil On Your Shoulder is out. Comic releases on the 9th Dec.

Walking-Dead-149-cover-900.jpg

the-walking-dead-149-Preview-149-s.jpg

I've really liked this season but I think the Glenn cliff-hanger was a bit lame. They stretched it out too long, the Morgan episode in the middle would have been enough but it lasted so long that I didn't really care for it in the end. It didn't help that I watch Talking Dead and read loads on the Walking Dead subreddit so from what went from being a 'is he isn't he' for me turned into a blatant waiting game as he was clearly going to be alive.

Still I loved it, this place was really exciting, I was worried it'd be the farm 2.0 but there was plenty of stuff to keep it interesting. I really loved the Morgan episode too, I wonder if his over-reliance on 'all life is precious' is going to break him and send him back into crazy town.

Also am I the ONLY one that feels sorry for Sam? That poor kid, the mom always just leaves him in his room and dances around Rick, saying the occasional 'pretend you're brave' and then carries on with her day. He steps out his room and all the 'sane' ones are ripping out walker guts and throwing them on themselves.

And any scene with Carl and the new kid (sorry, I've always been terrible with names) make me laugh, their pushing fights are hilarious.

I didn't see it yet, but are you talking about the Big 'Neg'. If so, it's going to be totally shite if he's not f-ing and jeff-ing all the time. Funny how you can put, in a TV show, the most over the top gruesome gratuitous violence, but can't say fuck a few times. It astonishes me sometimes.

OK I've seen the trailer preview. His actor seems twitchy and a little nervous, just how I wouldn't expect him to be like. I expected the complete personification of calm arrogance, and not a bit of maple in sight.

That isn't Negan. That's just somebody working on behalf of him.

I'm loving Season 6, so far. Excited for the second half but wish there wasn't a mid-season break. Just give it to us in one go, pleeeease.

9gag and this forum (because spoilers don't work on tapatalk) spoiled it for me, but I still loved the show.

I think the ending (aftercredits) it's a bit stupid, but fine....

I received Compendium 2 for Christmas and I've just finished it. :D

It's cool to see that the end of the Compendium is just slightly further where we are in the TV series atm.

That scene with Carl losing his eye was fantastic. Cool to also see several parts lifted from the comics into the tv series almost frame for frame. E.g. Ron doing his "mom, mooom" shit whilst Alexandria was being over-run by a herd, Rick's dictator-style speech before Michonne knocks him the fuck out, Father Gabriel just being a wanker and telling Douglas that the group are dangerous, etc.

Not sure if they'll do Carl losing his eye. I can see them leaving that out of the tv show, not sure they'll "go there". Also, I didn't expect Morgan to die so suddenly. Can't see that happening.

Finally the image for the cover of 153: Heavy Hangs The Head

The-Walking-Dead-153_Cover.jpg

I really don't think that's Rick's blood. So, who is it. Remember this months 150 cover looked like this;

TWD150_Cover.jpg

And forgot to post the 152 cover

TWD152_Cover.jpg

And I'd really like to see Carl get his eye shot out in the show, probably by that jealous boy who Rick then mutilates and that will cement his relationship with the mother :p

Yeah, it looks like Dwight will be back on board and marching straight back home. Rick's still the boss with that neck biting thing...and Negan sinister as ever. Slowly, slowly his viewpoint will drip into Rick's, and when Rick notices ir will be too late. I've enjoyed this really slow build up to an inevitable war, the way Kirkman has introduced new characters, then forgotten them for them only to reappear later and integrated into the society is well handled. Now, the siege engine will plod on to full armament of each society. I only wonder when each of Rick's groups will turn on themselves.

Not a bad start to the second part of the season.

Enjoyed it, except for that

scene at the end, where you have the quick cuts of each main player making a slash against the black background. It took me out of the story.

Quite enjoyed the mid season opener

Very glad the 2 annoying kids went, ok didn't want the Mum going as well. But if it had to be, so be it. Daryll's silent rocket launcher attack on Negan's men, made me jump as i had my headphones on. But was sweet none the less. Rick going nuts again, love it when that happens.

Last episode:

I had to sit up and was right on the edge of my seat when Carl got shot. That whole scene was brilliantly done and it delivered. In fact, the whole episode was great. Definitely will go down as one of the greats.

It was the beginning of the end for Daryl in the latest episode. He was fairly innocuously stabbed by one of the Saviors. Comic readers may remember a tactic employed by the group of coating knives in walker guts to cause the infection leading to a slow and painful death. It's how Nicholas dies in the books.

Daryl dies this series.

Edited by Dog-amoto

It was the beginning of the end for Daryl in the latest episode. He was fairly innocuously stabbed by one of the Saviors. Comic readers may remember a tactic employed by the group of coating knives in walker guts to cause the infection leading to a slow and painful death. It's how Nicholas dies in the books.

Daryl dies this series.

I think we'll see a lot more regulars disappear this season, too. Carol, Glenn, Daryl, Abraham, Morgan, I have doubts if any of them will see the light of the next season, or at least early next season, due to the introduction of 'NEW' regulars. It's going to be good.

Daryl dies this series.

I think we'll see a lot more regulars disappear this season, too. Carol, Glenn, Daryl, Abraham, Morgan, I have doubts if any of them will see the light of the next season, or at least early next season, due to the introduction of 'NEW' regulars. It's going to be good.

Apparently the show will be going on until at least Season 12. At some point, momentum will have to slow down and they'll have taken some of these characters as far as they can go.

However, I can't see them killing off ALL of those characters that you mention. I do think Daryl will go at the end of this season, but I reckon it'll be at the hands of Negan. He was the one who fired that RPG and, in some way, he'll pay the price. The tv show hasn't got a big problem with changing some of the big deaths around, like how Hershel's tv death replaced Tyrese's for example.

After that, I'm tempted to say that Abraham will go. But, the show has to be careful. They can't go killing off too many "big names" in such a short space of time, so I don't think that they will. They'll space it all out. We'll maybe lose a character like Morgan soon and then Daryl in the finale, but I expect the majority of those to make it through to the next season.

I hate tapatalk :D

If some of the guys die, my wife will stop watching this.

I do think that they should change it compared to comics as this is different audience.

Edited by Kounan

Shit, he's out...or is this another play to gain Rick's trust while he guts Brandon. I really think he's out this time though, kills Brandon, and then makes his break. Brandon turning up as a zombie later and causing trouble for the last time..

Edited by londragon

Spoilers for any of you guys using tapatalk!

Here I go...

Outstanding episode yet again. I really bluddy enjoyed it. My heart was racing when Heath and Glen were in the room about to put the knife through the sleeping guys. There were a ton of moments during the episode where the lines became blurred and you couldn't really tell if Rick was doing the right thing. Killing somebody in their sleep is rough.

Excellent episode. Really enjoying Season 6. 5 and 6 have been fantastic seasons. Hope the rest of 6 lives up to its promise.

Spoilers for any of you guys using tapatalk!

Here I go...

Really enjoying Season 6. 5 and 6 have been fantastic seasons. Hope the rest of 6 lives up to its promise.

The second half of Season 6 has been at the very top of what The Walking Dead has offered, really good viewing, and there's more to come. YAY!