NEurope
Happenstance

The Walking Dead

The episode was good overall, just the ending was weak. Daryl's tears were awesome, but Beth dying like that, strange and anti-climatic.

Don't want to spoil anything about who may be next in line for a gruesome death, but Dog-amoto is spot on with his assumption of a certain barbed lady arriving ...

LucilleTease.jpg

Still proceeding slowly, however Carl's Negan mouth made me chuckle (You fucking fuckwads can go and fucking fuck yourself, heh). I sense a Whisperer attack upon Hilltop whilst Carl's being locked up and him joining them as they release their colleague in the adjoining cell.

Carl's fallen for the enemy. Giving her his hat is a sure fire way of letting his guard down, what with the Gregory overthrow plot in the background. Wow! I have a real bad felling that Carl is not going to make it through this. What with Rick just coming to terms with having to let him go, he's going to lose it if anything does happen, and so far away to not help out his son. Not to mention the Leader of The Whisperers approaching soon (Michonne???). Cool times are ahead, and March is another double issue month, so the shit's going to hit it soon.

Cover for issue 137, man Carl looks pissed off.

WalkingDead_137.jpg

Walking-Dead-137-Preview-s.jpg

Has Carl been caught masturbating?

And, don't forget the AMC show restarts on the 8th February.

Edited by londragon

Although Carl's getting his end away, will it actually happen or is she just going to hit him with his trousers down and run. Maggie looks fucked, but Jesus saw it all, hooo double issue next month so some big shit is going to happen. What if Jesus is in the Gregory camp, surely he can't be with that face he pulled. Is he going to stick a shaft through Gregory, I know I would. And, the whisperers leader is approaching, getting good.

Disappointed, it's good that this episode shows no one is safe and anyone can go at any time, but Tyrese to go like that, with all that slow as arse flashback, old characters returning nonsense. Boring. Then again, it was nice to see David Morrisey again though. Tyrese held a more important role in the Comics and his death was of far greater significance

He was decapitated by the Governor, not Hershel

So I feel let down by this episode. Review score, meh!

Tyrese

I've seen a few people complain about this episode but it was one of the better ones I thought. I liked seeing things from his view as he was going in and out of consciousness. And seeing the Govenor again was amazing, I love that guy, voice of an angel. That one scene where he's talking to Tyrese and it suddenly goes back to being a walker scared the life out of me though, which doesn't happen much on this show.

His death was slightly underwhelming but it was still miles better than Beth's.

I'm not sure what I want from this show now but I hope it starts to pick up again soon. I really liked the Govenor storyline and ever since it's been like a dwindling fire. Now a lot of episodes feel like pointless travelling while we wait for the next person to die.

Edited by Josh64

Tyrese

I've seen a few people complain about this episode but it was one of the better ones I thought. I liked seeing things from his view as he was going in and out of consciousness. And seeing the Govenor again was amazing, I love that guy, voice of an angel. That one scene where he's talking to Tyrese and it suddenly goes back to being a walker scared the life out of me though, which doesn't happen much on this show.

His death was slightly underwhelming but it was still miles better than Beth's.

I'm not sure what I want from this show now but I hope it starts to pick up again soon. I really liked the Govenor storyline and ever since it's been like a dwindling fire. Now a lot of episodes feel like pointless travelling while we wait for the next person to die.

I feel you on the pointless travelling, but at the same time, Episode 10 for me was intensely emotionally resonant. I always say the reason I watch the show is that it's a very "human" drama about survival. This episode really hit it home - they lost the prison, had their hopes for sanctuary dashed at Terminus, found and lost Beth then Tyreese. Both characters had a kind of "moral centre" feel to them: Beth was a surrogate mother to Judith and Tyreese was a decent man - if you remember, he was prepared to leave Woodbury because he did not believe in takin the fight to the prison.

Now they are just slogging through - no water, no food... the hope of a cure is gone. It's dull from a certain point of view, but it's also very REAL. And I have to say that I enjoy that, provided there's a break from it every now and then.

Just caught up with Episodes 10 and 11, should watch 12 later today.

Very emotional, thought Daryl was going to cry with Carol. A nice episode of their plight and weariness.Actually both episodes blur together nicely. Aaron is portrayed really well and inkeeping with the comic. I may be getting my timeline wrong, but I was expecting a certain arrival of another character before they got to Alexandria. They keep adding these little differences to keep us all on our toes. And, it's going to make one hell of a season ending anyway.

Just caught up with Episodes 10 and 11, should watch 12 later today.

Very emotional, thought Daryl was going to cry with Carol. A nice episode of their plight and weariness.Actually both episodes blur together nicely. Aaron is portrayed really well and inkeeping with the comic. I may be getting my timeline wrong, but I was expecting a certain arrival of another character before they got to Alexandria. They keep adding these little differences to keep us all on our toes. And, it's going to make one hell of a season ending anyway.

Which character?

Which character?

Super Spoiler, but not for those who read the comic

the-walking-dead-season-5-could-charlie-sheen-play-negan-abfe5073-d8ae-4e30-b25b-eafdfe39766d.png?width=383&height=248

But, I was wrong, just Wiki.ed and my timeline is wrong, the meeting with this ever so softly spoken angel of a man happens later.

Yes, in the comics...

Jesus is the next major character to make an appearance. He's seen watching Alexandria from afar where he eventually introduces Rick to "a larger world" including Hilltop and The Kingdom (Ezekiel)

Negan shows up just after.

Yes, in the comics...

Jesus is the next major character to make an appearance. He's seen watching Alexandria from afar where he eventually introduces Rick to "a larger world" including Hilltop and The Kingdom (Ezekiel)

Negan shows up just after.

I hope they keep Jesus and his name in tact, especially due his sexual preference. That should shake up a few American watchers. I'm thinking they'll have to censor that or there'll be a huge backlash with the vocal minority of Evangelists. Can't wait.

One character I can't see coming to the show at all.

2926306-shiva.jpg

Would be amazing if she did though.

TWD138_cover.jpg

TWD-138-Preview-s.jpg

The whisperers are coming!

Well, the Whisperers seem like a reasonable (if odd) bunch. Unless there is somebody higher up than Alpha, my theory of Michonne being the leader may prove to be incorrect. Having said that, they seem pretty fair so maybe she is after all and has taught them about compassion from her time with Rick.

Carl's probably gonna fuck everything up and judging by this cover from issue 141...

Issue_141_Cover.jpeg

...he could have done something really bad to exert his revenge on Maggie for giving Lydia back.

And what sort of name is Alpha anyway?!? I was reading her lines in a high pitched voice just like...

char_12274.jpg

Without any spoilers, does this series pick up at all? I'm in such a slump with it right now, tried episode 10 twice but gave up both times.

I can't tell if it's genuinely gone downhill or if I'm just in a Walking Dead slump. I did go overkill the last few months catching up on the previous series so that could be a factor.

Without any spoilers, does this series pick up at all?

It's the calm before the storm, new characters are being introduced to set up a larger world, and all that takes time to unfold whilst remaining convincing. I don't think it's boring, but I've put a lot of time into the books and show that I care a lot for them.

It's the calm before the storm, new characters are being introduced to set up a larger world, and all that takes time to unfold whilst remaining convincing. I don't think it's boring, but I've put a lot of time into the books and show that I care a lot for them.

post-14251-Eddie-Murphy-I-see-what-you-di-PAQX.jpeg

Well, the Whisperers seem like a reasonable (if odd) bunch. Unless there is somebody higher up than Alpha, my theory of Michonne being the leader may prove to be incorrect. Having said that, they seem pretty fair so maybe she is after all and has taught them about compassion from her time with Rick.

Carl's probably gonna fuck everything up and judging by this cover from issue 141...

It completely went off in a direction I wasn't anticipating. It looks as if the main focus will be Carl and his raging teenage hard on. Little does he know the trouble he's going to bring down on all the communities in the future. Childish Carl.

What seems to be a sedentary pace is building into something really nice. Even Daryl is starting to show some love for Alexandria after his meal with Aaron and Eric. But Rick is so right not to get weak, and prepare for the worst.

I wonder if the Monroe's are aware of Negan's presence. In the comic they know he's out there, but she seems totally non-plussed about watchout's etc.

Rick seems to be missing the outside too. I especially loved Carol's little chat with her stalker, awesome.

Edited by londragon

Fuck sake, I liked Noah as a character and wanted things to turn out alright for him. I let out a waiiiil when he fluffed eet.

I'm so proud of my joke...I can't see anyone else who said anything similar

I guess nobody liked Everybody Hates Chris...so everybody ATE Chris

Without any spoilers, does this series pick up at all? I'm in such a slump with it right now, tried episode 10 twice but gave up both times.

I can't tell if it's genuinely gone downhill or if I'm just in a Walking Dead slump. I did go overkill the last few months catching up on the previous series so that could be a factor.

You make me cry!:shakehead:(

It's a bit worrying - Gabriel suddenly turning on the other who fastidiously protected him despite his obvious cowardice. That said, his lack of bravery and apathy to the plight of others fits in well with the apparent heartlessness of the Alexandrians.

Noah wasn't a 'character' yet as such, as in that it was tough to care about him. Also, Chinese censors erased the part where got ripped to pieces, so we were just left to imagine what happened to him.

Abraham was immense in this episode, like a one-man army. We have not heard anything from Rosita in a while, so I wonder if her character is going to have any kind of arc? Again, very much a background personality that it is hard to care about.

Also, I feel Carol is going to have to take care of Pete rather than Rick -at the moment she seems like she can operate under the radar. If Rick goes for him, it may lead us to a dictatorship.

Excellent episode.