NEurope
Happenstance

The Walking Dead

Jesus in trouble, well I'm not that worried as he is a kick ass kung-fu styled ass kicker (and he does appear on later mag cover as well). This episode didn't really push the plot forward, but gave more of what the whisperers are up to.

Just caught up with the show and haven't been disappointed, awesome explosive start. I worried that Rick et.al. were going to be stuck in that fucking place for half a season whilst limbs slowly disappear. I'm especially glad that The Hunters have appeared. That Bob Stookey scene at the end is very faithful to its origin from the comics, and Gareth is creepy as hell. The way he flicks an eye to turn from non-concerned, your meat, to full psychopathic abandon was spectacular. Things will certainly hit the fan from here. But, just as in the comic, how the hell has Father Gabriel survived for 3 years???

Right, i've caught up with the entire series. And now join in with the discussions

It's been a very joyous ride. One of the most interesting characters in the whole series has been the Governer. It's like he was trying to be nice, but had that psycho image about him. I mean, why keep his daughter-turned walker in the house and get pissed when it's killed. Series 4 was certainly a quieter series compared to 1,2 and 3. But that's not saying it's not been enjoyable.

I enjoyed the ending of series 2, where Hershals farm was over-run by the Walker heard. Very edge of seat stuff, and it was hit and miss whom would get out and whom would stay. Similar to the whole Prison raid by the Governer and his troops. It did seem he had turned a leaf, but alas his true intentions revealed. The end of 4, i didn't expect the Terminus lot to be a bunch of cannibal devil worshipers. The whole turning point of Rick in that series, going from soft to hard as nails taking no prisoners with his attacks (the whole neck biting the biker gang Daryll temporally joined was different to say the least.

As for the start of Series 5. Well, that was certainly interesting.

After the whole of season 4, this has certainly picked up speed once again. Heading in full throttle mode each episode so far. I take it we are going to see a lot more of these cannibals from Terminus throughout this series, they certainly are an interesting bunch. Kind of feeling sorry for Bob, being the one whom has been "selected" to be eaten. And i'm finding Father Gabriel a little iffy, it is like he's hiding something but no idea what.

Wow, Gareth and co. were short lived. Can't remember anything big happening in the mags beyond the next big event with the foul mouth leader that makes a strong first impression (trying not to spoil too much). I like the gritty gruesome nature of the deaths this season, they seem to have taken it to another level, if possible. Another awesome episode in the bag.

Wow, Gareth and co. were short lived. Can't remember anything big happening in the mags beyond the next big event with the foul mouth leader that makes a strong first impression (trying not to spoil too much). I like the gritty gruesome nature of the deaths this season, they seem to have taken it to another level, if possible. Another awesome episode in the bag.

I actually gasped when Rick dismantled the hunters, pure fucking brutality!

I did notice that Glenn and Maggie looked noticeably shocked at the violence, I wonder if that'll play a part in future episodes. The show also ended on the right note...I wanted to see what was up with Daryl and Carol at the end there.

Overall, I'm really enjoying it. Think it's got all the good components to be a great season. I haven't followed the comics so I don't really have any idea of where this is going or what happens next. It's beautiful!

I was a little shocked when Rick dismantled Gareth with that Machette, but he did promise he would do so after naming the type and color he'd use (being the one he hid in a bag he buried outside). But even then, it was a little shocking to see the sheer brutality on show. Even more so on the faces of Glen and Maggie. Glen still has the old ways drilled in, whilst the others seemingly have a "sod it" attitude with anyone whom harms the group in anyway. It's like Rick's had enough of some people.

Sad to see Bob go, but it was good him showing his bite to the Terminus cannibals after they consumed his leg. Have the last laugh as it were, which is why i was surprised to see them being killed off. I was hoping to see them slowly turn to walkers as the series progressed, but alas no. Would have been a great "What goes around, comes around" for them.

And with Glen and Maggie leaving with the Army lot to Washington, i'll be interested to see if they actually make it and if anyone is left in Washington to help administer the so-called "cure". I can see either they don't make it to Washington, and Glen and Maggie try to get back to Rick who is already heading up to join them. Or they make it, discover no-one is left alive to help them and head back to regroup with Rick, unless they make it and find out the same way.

I'm interested in seeing the whole Daryll/Carol story more, only having Daryll appear out of the woods and saying to whomever is there to come out. I did hear of a few rumours that it's somone big from Series 3 returning, but they are only rumours.

Bring on the next episode

Well damn that was fast, I expected the Terminus cannibals would be the "enemy" for the rest of this season but Rick's not frakking around anymore, and too bloody right....loved it when Gareth was begging for his life and was all "if we ever cross paths again we won't harm you" and Ricks all "but you'd do this to anyone" and "I made you a promise".

Thought they would drag out that story and have it all build up to the mid season if not the season finale when Rick would finally keep his promise.

Sad to see Bob go :cry: But as soon as he was dragged under the water last ep I knew he was done for... but so awesome seeing him have a laugh on the terminus crew "TAINTED MEAT SUCKERS!"

Also starting to notice a pattern of whenever a new black character gets introduced a current black character is a gonner it seems :heh:

T-Dawg died after they got into the prision and met the gang of prisioners left, some of whom would end up joining the group including a blackman whose name I can't remember.... he lasted till just after Tyress was introduced. Bob was introduced at the start of the season and joined the group "in between" seasons which seemed to make things safe for the current characters but as soon as father Gabriel is introduced.... by by Bob :heh:

Beth Greene is back. This played more like those Webisodes of last year and the year before, not all bad, but slower and more focussed on the human aspect of being trapped, but without the claustrophobia that that should entail. I like claustrophobic situations that a good zombie outbreak would incur. I'm hoping for a more explosive episode next week with the introduction of Carol to Slabtown, and is Daryl biding his time for an attack? Their going to get their just desserts.

I especially did like the references to The Govenor's doctor (taken from the comics and the books) and the fact that he had to kill another to keep his position, as it were. "I thought you said Chlorozine". I immediately rewound to find the exact spot and Beth is always right.

Beth Greene is back. This played more like those Webisodes of last year and the year before, not all bad, but slower and more focussed on the human aspect of being trapped, but without the claustrophobia that that should entail. I like claustrophobic situations that a good zombie outbreak would incur. I'm hoping for a more explosive episode next week with the introduction of Carol to Slabtown, and is Daryl biding his time for an attack? Their going to get their just desserts.

I especially did like the references to The Govenor's doctor (taken from the comics and the books) and the fact that he had to kill another to keep his position, as it were. "I thought you said Chlorozine". I immediately rewound to find the exact spot and Beth is always right.

This is the first episode of the new series that I didn't take to. Didn't really care about the people involved as there was little enough kindness to Beth to show that she was in a dangerous situation that could suddenly spiral out of control. I didn't really care about Noah or Dr Fuzzy-Face.

And also, to be frank, I don't care about Beth. What is she as a character? Just an empty shell without much pathos or charisma. I really didn't feel anything when Rapey McRaperson was all "Oooh, you're not a fighter" and going to make her his little cumbucket. In fact, I was kinda hoping the guy WOULD poke her so we could actually see her express some kind of emotion.

Shocking revelation on this week's episode.

And Glenn looks like he's participating in Movember?

Shocking revelation on this week's episode.

And Glenn looks like he's participating in Movember?

I was thinking this might happen for a while but was hoping it wouldn't. Just as I was starting to like that character too!

Decent episode on Monday, better than last weeks that is for sure

So Euguene doesn't know the cure for what caused the outbreak. I had a feeling he didn't know as he wasn't prepared to share the knowledge with anyone. He came across as an online gamer whom played a few too many shooter games in his time. It will be interesting to see how this group will go. I mean, it's pointless going to Washington now. They may as well double back and meet up with Rick and Co back at the Church. It was also interesting to see the origins of the Army chap (can't remember his name) and how he was/is emotionally charged after his family were massacred by the walkers.

I was reading yesterday that this episode very nearly was edited

I was reading yesterday that this episode very nearly was edited

I thought all the episodes would be edited. Are you saying that this one was just raw footage?

I thought all the episodes would be edited. Are you saying that this one was just raw footage?

Edited to tone it down in terms of what was aired.

Just as I thought, Jesus is a hard bastard to take down, and makes the Whisperers look like amateurs. Carl might be in for it though, his way of dealing with violent bullies is old school, things have moved on, you can't go around killing slimy bully shits like that (they did deserve it though).

Better than the last one. Eugene is as funny as I thought he would be, and loved that Abraham back story. Let's see where this takes them. Carol and Daryl next week

Just as I thought, Jesus is a hard bastard to take down, and makes the Whisperers look like amateurs. Carl might be in for it though, his way of dealing with violent bullies is old school, things have moved on, you can't go around killing slimy bully shits like that (they did deserve it though).

Yeah, I think you're right. Carl is in danger of being exiled as they don't do things like that anymore. I mean, even Negan is a prisoner. I personally think it will somehow lead to Carl freeing Negan.

Brilliant episode, tense all the way through.

But damn, not Beth, just no. Can't hold back the tears man, so sad. :(

S05E08

Hardly surprised or upset at Beth dying. But it means that Judith has lost a carer, and Maggie has had an awful lot taken away from her. Money would be on Glen dropping next, or would that be too cruel?

S05E08
Hardly surprised or upset at Beth dying. But it means that Judith has lost a carer, and Maggie has had an awful lot taken away from her. Money would be on Glen dropping next, or would that be too cruel?

Maybe even Maggie, who knows. Everyone in the group has lost someone they care about except Glenn so far.

Had it spoiled for me yesterday before i could watch it, still shocked me that Beth was next. But it was a crap way to go really. There was no way i was expecting that cop to shoot her, especially after all Beth did in the hospital. Those Daryll tears though!!!. But at least the motive was clear, kill that cop. The others in the hospital kind of agreed they can move on without her.

Ended pretty well, especially with that chap from the 1st series returning at the end. Bring on February now.

S05E08

LucilleTease.jpg

Maybe even Maggie, who knows. Everyone in the group has lost someone they care about except Glenn so far.

Had it spoiled for me yesterday before i could watch it, still shocked me that Beth was next. But it was a crap way to go really. There was no way i was expecting that cop to shoot her, especially after all Beth did in the hospital. Those Daryll tears though!!!. But at least the motive was clear, kill that cop. The others in the hospital kind of agreed they can move on without her.

Ended pretty well, especially with that chap from the 1st series returning at the end. Bring on February now.

Hm. It would be awful if Maggie went, but it would completely eliminate the Greene famliy from the show.

The question is: Do we consider Rick and Daryl untouchable?

Hm. It would be awful if Maggie went, but it would completely eliminate the Greene famliy from the show.

The question is: Do we consider Rick and Daryl untouchable?

I don't know if the show could be as good without either Rick and/or Daryl. Both seem to live of each other and give each other confidence to be able to continue on. I could see it coming down to a very small group left over in the last season consisting of Rick, Carl, Daryl, Judith and Carol. Rick and Daryl seem to be the Walter White and Jesse Pinkman of Walking Dead

I was contemplating Maggie to be the next one to go, seeing as she's lost everyone apart from Glen. If Maggie went, how long before Glen?

Been holding back watching Episodes 6-8 as it's a long wait until February. Couldn't hold out much longer so watched 6. Thought it was an excellent episode. I love that feeling of isolation in a big deserted city surrounded by potential death on every corner, and the Carol flashbacks were important for her character changes. Nice accident involving her, looked like it hurt. Noah's a bit of a lame duck so far though.