NEurope
Happenstance

The Walking Dead

Guess which comic character has been cast to appear in the second half of series 3.

Chad L Coleman. aka Cutty from The Wire will be playing Tyreese! Hope he brings his daughter and her insane boyfriend!

chad_coleman_tyreese.jpg

Good likeness. Spoilerified for those who don't want to know.

Edited by Dog-amoto

Still say that they could have done more with the prison before they started with Woodbury, but it was a good mid series finale. Some good cliffhangers.

Why do they have a mid series break with some shows?

Why do they have a mid series break with some shows?

BEcause they like to make us cry :cry:

When is it back? Feb?

Awesome ep though.

But again does anyone find it odd that....

... Again they introduce a new black guy and kill off the current one? :heh:

Talk about having a token black character... I thought Oscar would last longer and become a regular.

Edited by Mokong

BEcause they like to make us cry :cry:

When is it back? Feb?

Awesome ep though.

But again does anyone find it odd that....

... Again they introduce a new black guy and kill off the current one? :heh:

Talk about having a token black character... I thought Oscar would last longer and become a regular.

That was episode 8. You've completely spoiled it for me now :heh:

Yes but the new guy is quite an important character in the comics so should be less interchangeable. Plus, it's Cutty from The Wire so it all adds up to awesome!

ah shit i lost count of the ep numbers I guess, sorry

ah shit i lost count of the ep numbers I guess, sorry

I was only joking, you didn't spoil it for me :heh:

I agree with the whole token black character thing. I was thinking the same thing every time they brought it a new black character that and then killed an old one.

Although Michonne is black and I'd say she'll stay around for a while. More with the men though.

Well that's a right ball ache place to have a mid season break.

Incredible episode though.

This new guy / group, they are pretty important in the comics then?

Another convict bites the dust, I always had this assumption the black prisoner would be killed sooner than later.

I can't believe the ending of the episode. I guess (I've not seen the previews for next episode and plan to keep it that way) that Daryl & Merl will be made to fight in that arena, unless Andrea opens her useless trap!

Incredible TV Show.

I'm thinking that Darryl and Merl fighting is just a cover for Merl. Somehow they'll get away and Merl will go back to the prison with Darryl as a spy.

I'm thinking that Darryl and Merl fighting is just a cover for Merl. Somehow they'll get away and Merl will go back to the prison with Darryl as a spy.

Ooh that's good. Hadn't thought of that.

Wow! Is anyone up to date with the comic?

Negan is a really sick guy, dare I say, more intriguing than the Governor. Even now that we've seen his town and how he rules with an iron fist, I'm dying to learn more about him. At this moment, no idea what he will do to punish Carl, though issue 107's cover shows his hat on the ground. Carl needs to die eventually to push Rick over the edge, but I hope it doesn't happen in this story arc.

Another intriguing thing is that there is no three word title for this volume (like Something To Fear for vol. 17). I wonder if they're not revealing it because it would spoil something?

Edited by Dog-amoto

Volume 18 hasn't actually been solicited yet, so we'll find out the title then. The story arcs don't always have titles in this, just the recent ones have.

My thoughts on #105...

I don't know much about the comic book, but the TV show was renewed for a season 4 (shocking!), and they're going to start looking for a new showrunner again.

I also heard they were going to broadcast the existing TV series (s1-3) in black and white.

Who watched it then?

I can't stand Andrea in the TV show, though love her in the comic. I just can't figure her out at all, and not in a good way. One minute she's appalled by Woodbury and the next she's throwing her full support behind it.

Yeah watched it last night enjoyed it

Disaapointed by Daryl though going off with his brother. I get that he is "Blood" and all and Daryl prolly still feels some loyalty cause of that. But given what Merle had done to Glen and Maggie you'd think Daryl wouldn't have just run off so quickly.

Also given they all know the Governor will prolly now try to attack the prison, find it hard to see that Daryl will not care about what might happen to the group. He'll prolly do a u-turn and come back...hope he does.

Andrea...well she's just been a thick blonde the whole season so far. Though I don't think she is "appalled" by Woodbury just starting to realise that The Governor isn't such a nice guy. But she still recognises that the normal people are just that, normal people whove had some bad leadership. At least I hope that's what it is. If in the next ep she's back in the Governors bed then I have no idea.

What is up with Rick going crazy though? Was that Lori he was seeing and shouting at? Is that something taken from the comic book?

When he gets like that he makes me think he's turning into Shane :heh:

I love the Walking Dead, but have been a little disappointed with Season 3 so far, I mean an incredibly small 'little'. Probably having read all the comics I expected the Governor to be a real psychopathic bastard, I think he's played too nice. He's all screaming and shouting, raping, shoot you in the head, etc. in the comics. He's just too nice so far. I hope the 'death' of his daughter will push him well over the edge.

I finally succeeded in making my girlfriend watch the first episode this week so now we've watched episode 3. I'm liking the feel of the series but I don't really get the hype. Will watch it, though, in contrast to Breaking Bad.

It's just really a shame that previous episode of Big Bang Theory spoiled something in an episode of WD season 3. That's just not fine in any way! :/

It's probably because they don't expect Big Bang Theory fans to watch anything on AMC.

Walking Dead isn't in the same league as Breaking Bad, if I have to be honest. Most of season 2 is just too slow for TV, and the 2nd half of season 1 also drags. But the show can promise, for a long time, sections of really high and quality drama. I'm cool with that, but it's a championship side compared to the premier league of Breaking Bad.