NEurope
Happenstance

The Walking Dead

I dare not watch the video -- I read an interview a couple of weeks ago and, having only read the first 9-ish issues, I was HEAVILY spoilered. But I'm really looking forward to the show!

I dare not watch the video -- I read an interview a couple of weeks ago and, having only read the first 9-ish issues, I was HEAVILY spoilered. But I'm really looking forward to the show!

Its the one time where the joke

"SPOILERS : THEY ALL DIE"

Is actually not funny. :p

Anyway the TV show is going to be the tits, and I just read 74 and 75 and they were fantastic issues. Very interesting to see what happens in all regards.

I cannot wait till October!

oh and one for the Kirkman fans, Carl is wearing a Science Dog t-shirt!

I really look forward to this. You can never have enough zombie-based entertainment. I saw the comics on sale today in Waterstones while questing for the 6th Pilgrim book to no avail. Are they worth a glance?

I really look forward to this. You can never have enough zombie-based entertainment. I saw the comics on sale today in Waterstones while questing for the 6th Pilgrim book to no avail. Are they worth a glance?

They are some of the best comic books ever, and they've pushed the genre forward, and in fact taken a shit on any attempts at zombie comics.

AMC ordered 6 episodes before a pilot even being filmed. That speaks for the quality.

Also Invincible, same writer, and my favourite thing in the world.

I'm all over this then. Thanks for the heads up. I'm currently configuring my wallet to spend and my eyes to read.

I'm all over this then. Thanks for the heads up. I'm currently configuring my wallet to spend and my eyes to read.

Yes!

Yeah what Rez said. TWD is an ongoing 'survival drama' that takes the usual movie format of 'plague breaks out, society is destroyed and a few survivors group together' and, rather than using that 90 minute format where everyone ends up dead by the end of the movie, takes the characters through several months and years of trials and challenges.

It's absolutely brilliant. It's the perfect serial drama, emotionally and psychologically challenging, thrilling and terrifying in ways I've never experienced before and certainly didn't expect from 'just' comic books.

Enjoy :)

It looks brilliant, I love anything with zombies in it and I can't wait to see this. Is it coming on in the UK as well?

I hate not having Sky/cable sometimes! Everything real is on sky/cable/whatever. I also would have kept up with Lost if I had it on TV. And all the films I could watch! *dreams*

But then again, I've had full access to my cousin's sky whilst in Orkney, and all I've watched is Lisa Williams: Life Among The Dead and La Ink.

I have no time though. Sky+ is my TV life atm, I always have too many Miami and LA inks to watch, and just watched another Lisa Williams.

The Ink shows are wearing a bit thin though...it's always the sob stories shown, and how many people want fucking dragon tattoos or koi fish? What a pointless thing to get, the same as everyone else.

[/off-topic rant]

I literary wet my pants in excitement watching the trailer, looks fucking amazing, can't wait for October.

Saw a trailer for this on UK TV! Wooop. On the FX channel obviously. Then another advert that advertised FX shows in general and it had The Walking Dead mentioned.