NEurope
EEVILMURRAY

I made my first sale on Ebay today

Wasn't for as much as I'd have liked but still better than nothings.

Do many others here flaunt their crap on Ebay?

I just buy off of it - I don't think I'd be any good at the whole posting, constantly taking photos crap.

Congrats though dude!

Well done!

I think I've only sold two things on Ebay, two games. Apart from that, no. Rarely buy on it anymore too.

I did start up an Etsy store recently, which I guess is the same concept, just for art heh. Though so far no luck. =P

I use it every now and then, basically use it as bank. Sell stuff that's old, buy other old stuff, usually games. Got 39 (100% positive) feedback. Nothing special.

I like the thing, though 10% ebay take is ridiculous.

Around 70% of my job is consisted of selling fabric of eBay. I personally think that the time spent doing it would be much better spent on getting bigger contracts with customers.

It would also be nice for eBay to side with the shop on the race occasion. I had a problem where PayPal decided that a transaction was "suspicious". The customer explained that there was nothing wrong and that he had received his order in good condition. PayPal/eBat then decided that we were at fault for supplying our customer with what he ordered and proceeded to give him a full refund. We never heard from them again.

The Detailed Seller Ratings are also crap. We get "low ratings" in regards to dispatch time for some stuff. 99% get sent next day, the rest are sent in the advertised time (two days). We also get the occasional low rating for communication when we answer all questions (even retarded ones) pretty quickly. There's also a rating for "postage and packing charges". Surely there shouldn't be a rating system for something that customers can see beforehand (although our postage prices are really good so we get a tiny amount of low ratings for that).

How are people supposed to improve when they can't see why their ratings are low. I spent some time experimenting (i.e. refreshing the feedback and ratings pages). Someone gave us positive feedback stating "A++++" and gave us a low rating for dispatch time, so it doesn't help when these people don't want to tell us what's wrong. We also got negative feedback for slow dispatch because it took a whopping four days to arrive (they ordered late on Friday night). Even though it wasn't even past the estimated delivery date, eBay didn't see anything wrong with this feedback.

And the seller side of the website is horrendous. Some pages do similar things, but slightly differently. Some useful features can take years to find and they keep changing stuff without warning.

So, if anyone is wanting to start an eBay store be warned: It's incredibly frustrating.

Having sold alot on Ebay I have to say that if you want to make a decent profit from a auction make sure to put a higher starting price especially on higher value items, otherwise there's lots of Snipers about waiting to bid in the last seconds and you will lose alot of money.

I really like Amazon Marketplace, you sell at the amount you want to but the fees are around 17.25%, but at least you don't have to deal with Paypal.

Edited by The-Ironflame

I really like Amazon Marketplace, you sell at the amount you want to but the fees are around 17.25%.

eBay has the same thing - just set a Buy it Now price and you don't have to bother with the auction process. When buying on eBay I ignore all auctions. Too much hassle. Find a good BIN, buy it, pay by PayPal. Done.

eBay has the same thing - just set a Buy it Now price and you don't have to bother with the auction process. When buying on eBay I ignore all auctions. Too much hassle. Find a good BIN, buy it, pay by PayPal. Done.

Agreed, it is too much effort for what could be a losing effort.

I don't sell as often as i used to, because last several times i've been ripped off by the buyer themselves.

I've been tempted to get rid of some of my crap on ebay, but its not bloody worth the risk and effort.

We have a classifieds at work (that 14k people can view) so I would use it for anything I want to sell, or I'd trade games and stuff in!

Ive used ebay occassionally for both buying and selling, worked ok everytime I used it but then when i had over 200 quid stolen from my Paypal account I stopped using it all.

eBay is awesome for selling stuff.

Obviously.

Last year I sold a massive bass amp and bass effects pedal.

I'm putting up my old monitor in a could of days.

Just stuff that I don't have a clue how'd I sell otherwise.

I originally put an advert in my local co-op and paper for my bass amp, but no one even contacted me.

Amazon is really good for already sold items, too.

I put 3 books, a router and a fancy TV aerial (I know what you're thinking, how fancy can they be? THIS WAS FANCY OK) and just under-cut the lowest used price by 1.50 each time and they flew!

I've never sold anything on eBay, and as retarded as it sounds i dont know how to ::shrug: guess thats what puts me off.

however i will have to get my act together and start working it out as i'm going through the loft back at my parents home in a few weeks to clear out all my old stuff i dont want, and i figure i could sell alot of it even if i dont get that much.

i've got Micro Machines, Action Men, Mighty Max, Thunderbirds, Thundercats, Xmen, Ghostbusters all sorts of shit i need to get rid of. maybe some crazy collector will take the action men off me for a bit of moneys.

here's hoping.

I've never sold anything on eBay, and as retarded as it sounds i dont know how to ::shrug: guess thats what puts me off.

I'm not entirely sure I'm doing it right.

It's easy as. The site walks you through it; write a description (trying to use non-douchey sentence), stick on a photo and that's about it.

I have feedback for 26 items I've sold - mainly DVD boxsets that I unload after watching them. Someone paid me more for BSG season 3 than I bought it for from Amazon. :)

I'm currently selling my Xbox 360 for 99p.

is that the buy it now price?

:grin:

is that the buy it now price?

:grin:

Bit wishful isn't it??.

I know of people who actually buy broken 360's on e-bay, don't know why really. Perhaps they fix them and sell them for more afterwards.

Mine's not broken, fully functional, Wi-fi adapter, controller, headset, component cable and 3 top sealed games.

*cough*pleasebuyit

Mine's not broken, fully functional, Wi-fi adapter, controller, headset, component cable and 3 top sealed games.

*cough*pleasebuyit

you could trade it in for a sexy shiny new smaller 360.

my friend traded his elite with 2 wifi adapters and got £120 for it towards the new xbox, that was at Game.

or are you just pissed off with 360 gaming in general and not really bothered about owning one?

I sold about 100 games on my mates account and didn't realise they bill you for it at the end of the month. That was until my mate told me I owed him about £40 after I had already spent all the wonga. Good times.

I... impulse bought the new 360 already :D

fair play,

my next job is to trade my 360 in for a new one, will happen on my birthday though when i got some money.

I've never managed to sell anything for a pirce I was happy with, bar a chip-packet card I sold for $10 once. :p Games I've sold have gone for much less than I wanted to sell them for :(

The main thing I'm not sure about is recieving payment with Paypal. I think I connected it all together before I put this item up. Got this email:

You have set up a Payment Agreement to automatically pay your eBay seller fees with PayPal. The description of your agreement is shown below

If not, how do I go about it?

That just means you get money taken out of your account automatically at the end of the month instead of doing it manually. If you mean taking money out of Paypal you just have to log in and look for withdraw funds and the top. Looks like you've already got Paypal set up if that's the problem.