NEurope
Guy

Scott Pilgrim

The brother lost to one of the 7 evil exes. Incest? :p

And yes Shorty, I was always expecting a big fight between them but it just didn't happen :(

Mary Elizabeth Wincest. :heh: But no, think the brother died before many (all?) of the exes.

I saw this the other week.

I thought it was good, it had a Kick Ass vibe to it. :)

I forget that Michael Cera is actually pretty good.

I thought it didn't keep up the same momentum right up to the end and I wanted a Knives ending but its still a great watch. :D very funny.

Personally I was hoping it wouldn't have been a Knives/Scott ending as I don't think it would have fit. But that's just me :heh:

I think if they had given more life to Ramona other than just mystery.

I didn't learn of a reason why exactly Scott wanted to be with her apart from a huge crush where as before she came onto the screen he did get on well with Knives.

Although I don't think the relationship itself would not work out, it felt like suddenly going back to Ramona felt "cheesy" which the movie had managed to avoid.

Take into accounted I've not read the comics. :)

I think if they had given more life to Ramona other than just mystery.

I didn't learn of a reason why exactly Scott wanted to be with her apart from a huge crush where as before she came onto the screen he did get on well with Knives.

Although I don't think the relationship itself would not work out, it felt like suddenly going back to Ramona felt "cheesy" which the movie had managed to avoid.

Take into accounted I've not read the comics. :)

Having read all of the comics, I'll agree with you. Would kind of have liked it just to end with them not together, and Ramona needed was more development / attention.

Anyway. Yeah, as others have said, want to see it again! May even buy the DVD, which I never do until bout 6 years later when they're about a quid.

In other news: my fave bit

180px-NegaScott_Movie.jpg

We've actually got alot in common, we're going to brunch later this week

Brilliant

I think Knives/Scott is definitely best for the film. I reserve judgement for the books - thanks to sleeping through the post, I now have to wait until Saturday to read the rest...

Knives/Scott is the ending for the movie. The original cut of the movie ends with Knives together with Scott, they went back and put in the Ramona ending after negative feedback from the San Diego Comic Con screenings.

Even if the movie opened with the Scott/Ramona ending, it doesn't change that the movie was written, planned and shot to end with Scott and Knives together. Almost everything in the movie is sort of building toward Scott realising he was a dick and going back to the girl who actually seemed to care about him.

The first significant change comes after the fight with Evil Exes Five and Six, Kyle and Ken Katayanagi. Scott jumps off the stage to confront Gideon, but is intercepted by Knives. The scene plays out the same as the finalized version of the film till the very end of the clip. Scott walks away, leaving Knives by herself in the crowd. As Knives looks in the direction that Scott left, the black box that gives out character information as seen early in the movie (e.g. Scott Pilgrim, Age 23, Rating Awesome) pops up again displaying Knives Chau, Age 18.

The next major change occurs after Scott “deals” with Nega-Scott. Meeting up with Knives on the street, Scott and her look off into the distance where Ramona stands in the street. A silent understanding takes place between Ramona and Scott where each understands that Scott is better suited to be with Knives. Ramona walks off into the darkness and Scott and Knives share a kiss. The movie comes to an end with the two of them at the arcade laughing, having a good time playing the Ninja DDR game.

The books, on the other hand, are totally Scott/Ramona. There's no Knives after a certain point and what little there is really doesn't amount to much.

Edited by Guy

I think having read the comics that may be why I was hoping for a Scott/Ramona ending the whole time. A Scott/Knives ending would have felt strange and out of place knowing what I do, but I think it's important to consider the movie and comic as two different stories and I'm starting to notice that more and more :heh:

I think having read the comics that may be why I was hoping for a Scott/Ramona ending the whole time. A Scott/Knives ending would have felt strange and out of place knowing what I do, but I think it's important to consider the movie and comic as two different stories and I'm starting to notice that more and more :heh:

Yeah, probably what the Comicon audience thought too, as I'm sure they were all massive fans of the comic. As you say Knives ending would have made alot more sense in context of the film.

Thanks for posting about the alternate ending Scoop, makes me look at the film differently... hope they stick the alternate one on the DVD when that comes out

I read the first chapter on my phone yesterday. Nearly crapped myself when it actually vibrated when his phone rang :heh:

It was okay.

Soo... both those videos sucked.

Anyway.

Anyone else totally disappointed that a certain scene was missing from the film?

Kim.

Knives.

Alcohol.

I know it's still in the cinema but anyone know when we can expect this on DVD/BluRay?

I hope the BluRay has a ton of special features like deleted scenes or a directors cut with the option to have the alt (original?) ending with Knives.

Watched this again today and I can definitely see the original Knives ending now it's been mentioned.

Hope the home release gets the option to see the original ending.

Watched this again today and I can definitely see the original Knives ending now it's been mentioned.

Hope the home release gets the option to see the original ending.

yeah thats the one thing my girlfriend didn't like...she felt it was just waiting to be set up for him to scrap Ramona and go off with Knives...I guess Edgar Wright etc...had to tussle with keeping faithful to the source material but also making a film that was a seperate entity? I've still not read the comics (volume 1 on its way) but guessing by the very nature of 6 volumes being crammed into one film it certainly makes it a different take on the story.

ScottxRamona in the books.

ScottxKnives in the movies. The moment where Scott bumps into Knives after smashing the Twins is almost as "aww" as the earlier Kim turnaway moment. Scott is an asshole.]

Also, is anyone here NOT gay for movie Wallace? Dude is the man.

I would say the one fault with the film is that it does make the Scott/Knives relationship actually seem much happier than the Scott/Romana one.

In the comics they get on far better and you can see that they are really in love. But I think the point of the ending of the movie is that Romana wants Scott to go with him and wants someone simple and nice.