NEurope
Guy

Scott Pilgrim

God I didn't like this. I tried, but it was so fucking vacuous.

And Michael Cera... not a pussy so much as a tunnel full of dicks.

nd Michael Cera... not a pussy so much as a tunnel full of dicks.

A pussy? You did see that bit where he defeated the 7 evil exes right?

I thought this movie was awesome. It succeeded as a sum of lots of little awesome parts, rather than as a whole (in which I found that both the characters of Scott and Ramona were totally underdeveloped, and you couldn't see what Ramona had going for her at all (apart from the whole smokin' hot thing)), but that was perfectly fine and made for some seriously enjoyable watchin'. I kept finding myself being the only person in the cinema laughing though :heh: How did nobody else laugh at:

Stacey: Did you really see a future with Ramona?

Scott: Like, with jet packs?

It's the delivery of the line. Mostly nobody knows what Scott says there.

Well I read the first two volumes, they were fun. Best bit so far:

"Those shoes are Mr. Silly's shoes."

I just read all 6 volumes. Brilliant stuff- Quite how the balance is maintained from the insane humour, the kung-fu antics and genuinely moving, poignant and deep character development must be some kind of voodoo science unto itself. It was amazing.

Saw the movie today, really enjoyed it, which is odd for a Michael Cera movie.

Ok so I'm not a fan of comic books really gimme a book anytime. The only comics I own are robocop vs terminator! Should I try out scott pilgrim having seen and loved the film? Is it worth trying? See they are on 3.99 on amazon....

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

That's a bit of a sweeping generalisation. How can you not like a whole medium, especially one as diverse as comics?

Ok so I'm not a fan of comic books really gimme a book anytime. The only comics I own are robocop vs terminator! Should I try out scott pilgrim having seen and loved the film? Is it worth trying? See they are on 3.99 on amazon....

You're so bad. Why would you write off a whole medium like that?

He's said he likes one and is asking if people think he would like this one. I'd hardly call that writing all comics off. Not being a fan of something and writing something off completely are quite different surely?

In answer to the question, I'd say they're more akin to manga than comics. But either way, they're pretty readable whoever you are.

Ok so I'm not a fan of comic books really gimme a book anytime. The only comics I own are robocop vs terminator!

I'm not a fan of books, give me a film anytime. The only books I've read are Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and The Very Hungry Caterpillar.

You see how silly this sounds? :)

Edited by Shorty

Over reaction to flameboy's post by the comic book elite.

He only said he wasn't a fan of comics and preferred proper books, which is a fair enough thing to say.

I am far from being comic book elite, I only own a few trades and subscribe to no comic books. I don't speak in defence of comics, but rather I'd love for people who skip them to give it a try.

I feel similarly about many things, for example, it's a shame that mostly everyone I know IRL will never watch any anime. They'll consider it cartoons, and go their whole life without watching it.

Parents who think video games are for kids are missing out on some epic and entertaining tales. They will never experience a Zelda or a Final Fantasy.

Edited by Shorty

Wii fanboys who refuse to admit that Nintendo has dropped the ball this generation miss out on dozens of amazing games on the other two consoles

Edited by Shorty

That's a bit of a sweeping generalisation. How can you not like a whole medium, especially one as diverse as comics?

From my experience of reading them its just not something I've ever got into. Theres plenty of comic book art styles I love and have seen tons of pics of characters etc... that I've really liked. Also I love super heroes stuff yet more through cartoons, games and films (also even novels to be fair got an awesome superman novel somewhere!)

I don't know what it is about them but I just don't find them compelling to read. I don't find the dialogue as fixating as a novel or as dramatic as good deliverance either filmed or on stage.

Something about comics just doesn't resonate with me.

He's said he likes one and is asking if people think he would like this one. I'd hardly call that writing all comics off. Not being a fan of something and writing something off completely are quite different surely?

Yeah I never said I hated comics.

I'm not a fan of books, give me a film anytime. The only books I've read are Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and The Very Hungry Caterpillar.

You see how silly this sounds? :)

That's where your attempt at humour and making me seem silly falls flat. I never said I'd ever read one comic! I said I the only ones I own are Robocop VS Terminator!

Over reaction to flameboy's post by the comic book elite.

He only said he wasn't a fan of comics and preferred proper books, which is a fair enough thing to say.

Exactly...so much for people saying yeah give them a go they are worth a read....Rather oooooohhh lets pounce on someone who says he hasn't read many comics.

Rez's comment was helpful claiming its closer to manga/anime something I've watched a lot of.