NEurope
Guy

Scott Pilgrim

Please see this in the cinema. It is too awesome for home video.

My favourite music is when Sex Bob-Omb goes against Double Dragon. Threshold is so energetic and awesome there.

Yes, anyone remotely geeky should see this now. I keep wondering what I'm feeling so happy about, then realising it's just the fact that this film exists and I have seen it.

Yup, it really does need to be seen in the cinema.

I think this film combines 3 of my favourite things: Retro computer games, bass guitar and Mary Elizabeth Winstead.

Yup, it really does need to be seen in the cinema.

I think this film combines 3 of my favourite things: Retro computer games, bass guitar and Mary Elizabeth Winstead.

I'd hit that chick so fucking hard who ever manages to pull me out will become the King of England.

Just discovered that this isn't coming to Spain until the 10th of December...

ffffuuuu.jpg

Edited by triforcemario
Automerged Doublepost

I cannot tell you.....I just....I cannot tell you...how god damn big my boner was when Mary Elizabeth Winstead was on the bed bent over her fine ass in the air, sexy bod showed off to the utmost in black under-garments.

I just....I cannot describe. I need the Blu-Ray for that scene.

why is it taking so long to release this film in other countries in Europe?

If I were ye I'd plan a weekend trip to Ireland or the UK or somewhere that the film is showing just so you can go to the cinema and see this, haha. It'll be worth it, plus you'll get a mini holiday experience too :)

Also, I was in a book store today browsing through the books... trying to decide if it would be worth buying the books now after seeing the film.... maybe I'll try get someone to get me for my bday/xmas or something :)

why is it taking so long to release this film in other countries in Europe?

It's probably quite difficult to translate all the on-screen text and so on. Mind you, I guess it'll show in English in some places.

I cannot tell you.....I just....I cannot tell you...how god damn big my boner was when Mary Elizabeth Winstead was on the bed bent over her fine ass in the air, sexy bod showed off to the utmost in black under-garments.

I just....I cannot describe. I need the Blu-Ray for that scene.

n509970580_1890359_8326.jpg

:mad:

Greedy less offensive word.

Edited by Debug Mode

I thought it was genuinely funny. Probably one of the only comedy films I've ever laughed at. There were probably about 20 separate bits were I was properly loling. One of my favourite bits: "Oh guys, I learnt the bass line for the Final Fantasy 2 theme". That's exactly what my friend Fred would say. And I just love the randomness of FF2, over all the others.

Just so many little bits which were so funny. The whole vegan thing had me clapping inside.

I liked the surrealness of the film. And how it dealt with modern relationships in a compelling way. Actually recognised that people have exes and history and that doesn't make them a slag. Also loved the casualness of the fact the gay roommate was absolutely awesome - He wasn't necessarily hot, but I can tell if I met him it'd be like "OK your awesome, when can I sleep with you?"

Hopefully this will be a benchmark, and people will stop doing shite comedy films.

I thought the gay roommate was awesome too, plus it's nice to have a non-homophobic representation of a gay guy for once.

Absolutely loved it, I highly recommend for those who liked the film and have not read the comic, read the comic.

Not that it is vastly better, both of them are pretty on par with each other.

Also, the funniest parts with Wallace are in the comics.

Yeah the art is nothing to like at all.

It suffers heavily from the sameface syndrome you see in most anime/manga

Yeah the art is nothing to like at all.

It suffers heavily from the sameface syndrome you see in most anime/manga

Once you get past the character designs it ain't bad. Some of the scenes in Finest Hour are stunning.

Anyway, need to watch this... plan to do so tomorrow

Well I just ordered the first two volumes of this. The art style doesn't look great, but I do actually prefer it to coloured American comic-book style which I find hard to read for some reason. I'm just hoping the dynamic feel that I loved so much about the film will be present.

Pretty impossible not to like him, even my homophobic friend loved him.

coloured American comic-book style

Oh dear, oh dear.

Thats like saying you hate art.

"Guess who's drunk!" followed by a faceplant onto the bed. Genius.

Ah yes amazing. The second time I saw it the cinema erupted at that bit.

Well as much as about 20 people can erupt.

Oh dear, oh dear.

Thats like saying you hate art.

It's just something about the combination of line shading with colour that annoys me. If it's just ink, like this, it's fine, and even some coloured stuff is okay, like this, but once it gets like this, (the face in particular), it really grates. I got used to in in Watchmen after a while though.

It's just something about the combination of line shading with colour that annoys me. If it's just ink, like this, it's fine, and even some coloured stuff is okay, like this, but once it gets like this, (the face in particular), it really grates. I got used to in in Watchmen after a while though.

INVINCIBLE_77_cover_by_WyA.jpg

See, now you love it.

:)

That's okay I guess. I can see it's well executed, but the shading on the top guy is way too heavy for my taste, even if it fits the style/mood.