NEurope
Guy

Scott Pilgrim

I really wanna go, but I'm seeing the film in an entirely different city this evening. Probably going to try and see him at Gosh Wednesday. I'm sure he's signing there, right?

Man, it's times like this I wish I was still an unemployed wretch with more time than money.

Can't wait to see it. The signing was really really cool, managed to be at the front of the queue with a few mates, got free t-shirts, met Bryan Lee O'Malley who was awesome and he signed my Vol.4 book.

Sounds awesome. I'd have loved to go. Was it a good turnout?

Yeah, I'd say about 50-60 people. We were the only ones waiting for a while though. Turned up waaaay to early :P

The hardcore ones always do. I'm sure O'Malley appreciated it. Did he have a lot to say? I bet he's tired out after all this press touring and stuff.

I hate you both. Surprised there weren't more people for the signing, maybe it was just poorly advertised. I'd have been there had I known it was happening / checked twitter / had friends who were into it

I hate you both. Surprised there weren't more people for the signing, maybe it was just poorly advertised. I'd have been there had I known it was happening / checked twitter / had friends who were into it

O'Malley is doing another signing at Gosh! in London tomorrow evening.

Rinky dinky.

O'Malley is doing another signing at Gosh! in London tomorrow evening.

Rinky dinky.

Eeeehhhhhhhhh my only Scot Pilgrim reading friend is back from holiday tomorrow night.. and I need to prepare for going away to a music on thursday...

But I'm still tempted. I might go on a whim, see how I feel. It would be epic, I'm sure I could befriend some Scott P fans when there..

Also: dunno if it's been psoted but Awesome

Edited by dan-likes-trees

The hardcore ones always do. I'm sure O'Malley appreciated it. Did he have a lot to say? I bet he's tired out after all this press touring and stuff.

He was surprisingly chipper and happy to doodles n' such (probably as we were the first ones in, I can't imagine him wanting to draw 50 Scott Pilgrim faces). I had a quick chat with him, he is very very polite.

Eeeehhhhhhhhh my only Scot Pilgrim reading friend is back from holiday tomorrow night.. and I need to prepare for going away to a music on thursday...

But I'm still tempted. I might go on a whim, see how I feel. It would be epic, I'm sure I could befriend some Scott P fans when there..

Do eeeet. It was such a good time.

Just back from watching the movie, loved it, really enjoyable. Loved all the references. I have not read any of the books, but did read that article pointing out all the references in the books. Most of which do appear in the film too. Loved the zelda references (sound effects/music) brilliant.

Was waiting for the X-Strike at the end as I saw it was used in the book but they didn't put it in the film :(

Loved the reaction after beating the first evil Ex, "cool coins....not enough for the bus"

Plus the brilliance of it just switching from Scott, seemingly normal to just kicking ass, flying and 64 hit combing, haha. And afterwards it just like, nothing out of the ordinary happened.

Great that they weren't all just fights too, the bass battle was wicked (as were the vegan police, haha, vegans are so much better than others they have psychic powers...wtf?), and the battle of the bands too.

The level ups were deadly and the fight in the Chaos Theather after he gains the sword and just starts chopping up henchmen was awesome. I know the coins thing was prolly mostly a reference to River City Ransom, but that scene felt more like watching a film version of the PAL/Jap version of No More Heros 1, haha.

I look forward to the bluray release.

Oh one disappointment though, I didn't hear the music from the trailer in the film.... anyone know btw what that song is... the one that kicks in round halfway into the trailer when everything gets kickass?

Just back from watching the movie, loved it, really enjoyable. Loved all the references. I have not read any of the books, but did read that article pointing out all the references in the books. Most of which do appear in the film too. Loved the zelda references (sound effects/music) brilliant.

Was waiting for the X-Strike at the end as I saw it was used in the book but they didn't put it in the film :(

Loved the reaction after beating the first evil Ex, "cool coins....not enough for the bus"

Plus the brilliance of it just switching from Scott, seemingly normal to just kicking ass, flying and 64 hit combing, haha. And afterwards it just like, nothing out of the ordinary happened.

Great that they weren't all just fights too, the bass battle was wicked (as were the vegan police, haha, vegans are so much better than others they have psychic powers...wtf?), and the battle of the bands too.

The level ups were deadly and the fight in the Chaos Theather after he gains the sword and just starts chopping up henchmen was awesome. I know the coins thing was prolly mostly a reference to River City Ransom, but that scene felt more like watching a film version of the PAL/Jap version of No More Heros 1, haha.

I look forward to the bluray release.

Oh one disappointment though, I didn't hear the music from the trailer in the film.... anyone know btw what that song is... the one that kicks in round halfway into the trailer when everything gets kickass?

The Prodigy- Invaders Must Die

Ah, thank you :)

Here's another thing I just thought about,with all the Nintendo references in the books and in the film how come the game is not coming to WiiWare?

Whats up with that?

Movie absolutely rocked. Coming from a looong time SP fan this is everything I could ask for. I saw it in a packed cinema and it was great, people laughing and cheering. I immediately want to see it again.

Movie absolutely rocked. Coming from a looong time SP fan this is everything I could ask for. I saw it in a packed cinema and it was great, people laughing and cheering. I immediately want to see it again.

+1 QFT

SPVTW FTW

Completely epic.

Saw it for a second time tonight. Will likely see it a third time this weekend. Excellent, excellent entertainment. Roll on the Blu-ray release.

I previously knew nothing of Scott Pilgrim, but I saw the film today and it was amazing.

Also: dunno if it's been psoted but Awesome

Oh that was nice! I first thought it was fan fiction but it was actually a flashback from the story! Cool. Looking forward to seeing this movie, although it will not premiere here in Denmark until 14th October! That sucks. I should, however, be glad that it will actually premiere as I guess the fanbase here consists of like.. 100 people.

I can see this being one of those films I want to go see but never get around to.

I'll try...maybe?

I can see this being one of those films I want to go see but never get around to.

I'll try...maybe?

Ash I demand you go see this film and report back here. Just the chance to here Zelda sound effects and music played in a cinema should be enough reason... but there's also the pure epicness of the rest of the film, haha.

Anyway I only just noticed this and can't believe i didn't notice it sooner, but Brandon Routh (from Superman Returns) plays Ex #3, Todd, haha I enjoyed his performance as Todd much MUCH more than as Clark Kent/Superman.

and before anyone else points it out, yes I know Chris Evans was ex #2, I didn't miss that one

EDIT:

Also I tried to find out why the game wasn't coming to WiiWare (again given the number of Nintendo references you'd think it would be first choice if not exclusive), but apparently the size of the game is above the 40mb limit Nintendo has placed on WiiWare games... stupid Nintendo, shotting themselves in the foot once more.

What an amazing sound track. About 10 minutes in I knew I was going to obtain it when I get home.

I kind of sat staring at the screen, mouth agape, for a few moments after it ended. So much unconcentrated awesomeness injected into my eyes over the course of 2 hours. It was fricking marvellous.

What an amazing sound track. About 10 minutes in I knew I was going to obtain it when I get home.

Think I might have to get it too. Not sure how much I'll like it outside of the film itself, but it's worth a try.

Quite liking parts of this song a lot: