NEurope
Choze

COD:Modern Warfare 2 subscriptions page leaked

Im gonna call fake... because

1. its most likely is fake

and

2. i dont ever wanna see them charge a monthly fee

That wouldn't be that hard to fake. I don't think they were ever planning on doing it for existing products either.

Hm, and it just popped up by accident, seems a bit unlikely since the game hasn't even updated for ages.

We shall see... if it ever happens I will stop playing then, I wouldn't be playing it forever anyway.

That wouldn't be that hard to fake. I don't think they were ever planning on doing it for existing products either.

I hope so too. Interms of subscriptions for COD its hard to justify without good reasons. COD has an awful p2p system compared to every fps i have played this whole gen. Alot of cost cutting all round as it is. What would a subscription add that dlc couldnt couldnt do for this game? Maybe Kotick has some good ideas?

I call fake.

Although this has been rumoured for awhile...

1. Gamers everywhere will burn Activision to the ground.

2. Although the font of the message looks correct, it wouldn't go over the different colour shade in the background, text is limited to the boundry of the colour background, starting a new line when it reaches the edge.

fake. They only just mentioned it in an interview.

Besides, MW2 isn't built for subscriptions. subbed games are built around regular content updates and maintenance ala WoW. What's there to maintain in MW2? There's not even dedicated servers.

What's there to maintain in MW2? There's not even dedicated servers.

Disgusting money making. i.e. nothing

Confirmed as a fake - but well knew that right!

from IGN

Whether or not Activision ultimately decides to introduce a subscription-based service for its Call of Duty titles in the future, fans will be pleased to know they won't ever have to pay to play multiplayer matches, at least for now.

A purported YouTube video surfaced last night that showed a possible membership program was in the works for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Addressing the video, Infinity Ward's Robert Bowling said the menu shown was an error and that there will never be 'pay-to-play' Call of Duty multiplayer.

"To be clear: There is not, and will never be, additional fees required to subscribe and play Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer," he said on his blog.

"The video above seems to show a user on what appears to be the Xbox Live Gold Membership renewal page via the Marketplace in the guide, but while in-game in Modern Warfare 2 (which is in error)," he added. "It does not however, prove a pay-to-play subscription model is in the works for Modern Warfare 2, because no such plan exists for this or any other Call of Duty (including the upcoming Black Ops)."

"That said, feel free to cease freaking out."

Treyarch community manager Josh Olin also addressed the rumors saying "No, you will not have to 'Pay to Play' multiplayer either," he said. "Rumor -> Squashed."

This news comes just days after industry analyst Michael Pachter preached that publishers such as Activision need to begin to monetize multiplayer by including subscription fees, starting with Call of Duty: Black Ops this November.

MW2 won't be pay/play for sure, nor will black ops -- because there's going to be an entire game dedicated to it. Duh. I thought this has been obvious for, like, 6 months now?

That doesnt sound like a denial by Activision at all. They are just saying COD will still be free to play. No actual denial of subscription services.

Who cares if they are gonna charge £99 a month for it?

Halo Reach is out soon ;)

MW2 won't be pay/play for sure, nor will black ops -- because there's going to be an entire game dedicated to it. Duh. I thought this has been obvious for, like, 6 months now?

Exactly what I was trying to get across.

activision WILL make a sub model CoD, make no mistake about it. But it's not any of their current games.

That doesnt sound like a denial by Activision at all. They are just saying COD will still be free to play. No actual denial of subscription services.

Take your fucking tinfoil hat off.

I'd be willing to pay for cod if i got my moneys worth. Say it was 400 points a month or something, one new map, few new weapons a month and plenty of alternating playmodes to mix it up a bit. If they had indepth clan ladders leading on to tournaments and stuff like that, then it would be right up my alley!

If they were ever asking subscription for COD how it is now, then no, but that wont be the case. Im not into paying, but if it makes a game get constant updates and makes it a whole more fun, ill let it go ;) And £5-£8 a month they would probably charge is feck all really for the amount of hours i pour into the bloody game :|

Wont happen for another year and a half i think?

And im not suprised their doin this, not after the EA feckers charged me to get the VIP for battlefield, gash! They fired first!