Alien Swarm

Ooh, I can make this even shorter.

- Top down sci-fi Left 4 Dead.

- Released on Steam tomorrow.

- Includes sourcecode.

- Free.

[Alien Swarm] (official site)

[Alien Swarm] (Steam store page)

Hmm, was busy doing something else, so I forgot about it. Anyway, at the moment I get "Steam servers are too busy", so I'll try again some time later.

How does Steam work? Do you make an account?

And will my craptop be able to run it?

/Lazy

Hmm, was busy doing something else, so I forgot about it. Anyway, at the moment I get "Steam servers are too busy", so I'll try again some time later.

My buddy is getting the same thing.

How does Steam work? Do you make an account?

And will my craptop be able to run it?

/Lazy

By installation.

Yes.

Maybe, download to find out, it's free.

Steam in itself is a digital distribution channel, or a store that sells digital games. It's very easy, you can use a credit card, and bought games are yours forever, you can redownload them on whatever system as much as you like. All your games conveniently show up in your Steam library. Also, you never have to look out for the latest patches, Steam automatically updates your games for you.

Most games also incorporate Steamworks, you don't need to know the distinction right now, but most multiplayer games you can buy also use Steam to acces your friendlist, so you can play together and use voicechat.

Will your craptop run Steam? Probably yes. Will it run the games you'll buy? Depends on the games, and on your laptop's specs, so you'll need to be more specific.

But again, Steam in itself is a digital store, and the game's free. You can always try if it runs, if it doesn't, you can redownload it later when you get a better laptop (or computer). There are probably plenty games available who do run on your laptop, but those you'll have to buy. There are plenty cheap games too though, and often there are special deals. Ghostbusters was € 4,- last month, for example.

I'm just downloading it now. I have no idea if it will work with crossovers games, but most source games do, so hopefully this one will as well. If not, nothing is really lost as the game is free.

ooooh will have to download it and try it.

meh my processor isn't fast enough!

Edited by flameboy

I've been tweaking a bit and I still can't get it to work. Does anyone know if there's a console command to disable shaders?