Millie determined to get my water -

watermo.jpg

awww shes sooo big :3

a737f200.jpg

rawr big tiger sitting at the window keeping an eye on everyone :3

1c82c07e.jpg

betty ready to pounce

0f42391a.jpg

betty comes into the living room where i often sit on my computer, will sit there watching me, sometimes would miow, then turns tail and leaves... its like shes trying to tell me something lol

Edited by Raining_again
Automerged Doublepost

Bit morbid, but if your cat died, would you get a new one?

We had a family cat for about 19 years. He was called Jasper and he was amazing. He lived such a long life and i literally grew up with him as we got him just before i was born. It has been 7 years now since he died. I dont even have a picture of him online anywhere :sad: Sometimes we think about getting a new cat, but my mom refuses. My sister ending up getting one though from her husband so i guess we all kind of adopt her and go a bit crazy when we get to see her. She is super cute, called a variety of names (Pudz and Pudster seem to have caught on the most!).

Edited by Jav_NE

i probably would because there's always cats in homes in desperate need for a loving home :) but i guess if your mum doesn't want one and you live in the same house you can't really go against her wishes... maybe try taking her to a home to actually see the cats... i always leave wanting to rehome every single one of them lol

We had a cat that was actually a year older than me, and we'd had it since birth. It had to be put down at 14 years old, and for a little while after we weren't sure whether we wanted a new cat or perhaps another pet, but then fairly quickly a stray cat came into our lives and have since had several kittens, so now we have 4 cats. It didn't feel disrespectful or anything of the sort, we were just thrilled to have cats in the house again. :)

tumblr_ly4bq0MPoO1r2pfs0o1_500.jpg

Got me questioning why I don't carry bunnies in my pockets.

Has anyone with cats ever had a problem with their third eyelids not retracting?

Jean Grey had this problem, and I went online and it said it is some kind of infection or whatever, and that it should resolve itself and pass in about 3 weeks. She is coming up to the 3rd week or so with it...she still has it.

Anyway, Tetley has it now, so he must have somehow caught if off of her. It is sad. :(

its common for cats to get eye infections... you'll need to get the cats to the vet though as it probably won't go away by itself...

Beanie had a bad eye infection not long after we got him, good fun trying to administer eye drops to a cat... lol

You can maybe try to carefully clean the area around the eye a bit. I think we normally use a bit of chamomile tea.

You can maybe try to carefully clean the area around the eye a bit. I think we normally use a bit of chamomile tea.

Yep this works great, straight out of the kettle. Just pour it onto the cats eyes.

Sparkle had a problem with her eye (it was only one) and was told that it was an infection and would go away after a few weeks - it didn't.

She had to have an injection as well as drops. For months she had no balance whatsoever - she looked like she was drunk all the time and constantly fell over. She also always had her head tilted and was around a year before she started looking straight again.

This was about three years ago now and, while she's mostly fine, the has nowhere near the amount of confidence she had before it happened. There was a windowsill where the garage and conservatory met (so it was very high) that was pretty much her spot - none of the other cats even attempted to go there. She hasn't been near it since the infection.

Took this photo the other day, after she forgot to put her tongue back in after licking herself. She was like this for about a minute!

IMG_1138.jpg

We have a cat carrier for our two cats, and its a pretty small carrier. Beanie, our big tiger needed his vaccination boosters done so we were like....hmmm are we gonna get him in this carrier..... I thought it would be no problem at all, cats seem to have an amazing way of fitting into the smallest of spaces, and beanie seems to like being in wee small spaces. My mum was like no way no way he won't fit. Wednesday she bought like a smallish dog type carrier. Thursday night the small one happened to be left out. My dad shouted on me that night and I came to see what the fuss was about..........

58bcd51b.jpg

The ratio of cats to everything else is insanely high.

Not that it matters I do love me some cats, and had one a few years ago.

Went to the nearby animal shelter. There was a choice between two cats that were suitable to be house only.

There was a fairly old cat who didn't look very lively, he was left in his house after his owner (an old lady) has passed away. He was also named after a TV serial killer. I felt quite sorry for him, but he has too much history for my liking:

1025749.jpg?308

The second cat was an adorable 5-month old kitten, white and brown. She was very energetic and looked like she was pretty curious. She's currently called Tinkerbell, but I'm going to pick a new name for her. Not sure quite what yet.

4563283.jpg?315

I'm picking her up on Friday.

This is how I imagine you acting around cats, Cube:

It's weird but this is one of the things I love about Kristen Bell.

Also sloths are aweeeesome.

The second cat was an adorable 5-month old kitten, white and brown. She was very energetic and looked like she was pretty curious. She's currently called Tinkerbell, but I'm going to pick a new name for her. Not sure quite what yet.

4563283.jpg?315

I'm picking her up on Friday.

:D

When I went home for mother's day I went into a pet shop and was looking at the hamsters. One of them woke up and started climbing over all the others and tried to climb the walls then fell on someone else. You can tell s/he was hated by the rest but if I were to get one it would blatantly be that one.