NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Odwin

My body is broken

Epic long medical history GO

:heh:

- Squint. Diagnosed at 4 months. My left eye by that point was turned in so far that I had to have surgery at 11 months. eye nearly disappeared "under" my nose completely. And another surgery at 23 months.

- Psoriasis. Diagnosed at 4 years. This was the start of my immune disease(s). My mum noticed a scab on my arm. fast forward about 10 years, after hundreds of topicals, I was about 50% covered. Started UV light therapy (essentially a magnified tanning bed). 3x summer sessions. My mum said I used to smell like I'd been put in the oven for a few hours after it. After that It helped a bit, but on the third session i ended up with severe burns on my back. So that had to be stopped. Started on cytotoxic therapy (methotrexate) and was on it for a few years, didn't do a thing. Then went on anti transplant rejection drugs (cylosporin) for about a year, which again did nothing. Now on an immunosuppressant which has taken me from >60% coverage to <1%. The only thing is, its pretty toxic. So in theory I can't stay on it forever, but if I come off it the psoriasis will come back.

- Slipped discs - aged 16.

- Arthritis/Spondylitis. Diagnosed arthritis at about 21. Querying spondylitis due to back pain/stiffness. Had xrays not so long ago. On the cytotoxic (again!) for it because I noticed I got a sharp increase coming off it. But its doing nothing for the pain. Arcoxia also, but I rarely take it.

- Raynaud's - about 21 as well - Hands go numb and white in the cold. Have to wear gloves from about oct to feb if I go outside.

- bowel disease - 23. Post swine flu vaccine (not sure if theres a link) pending biopsy and blood results. Always tired, I can sleep for 12 hours each night very easily. Get spells of complete and utter exhaustion during the day where I just phase out completely. (which is related to this)

- ataxia - not diagnosed but ever since I've had the bowel symptoms I've been considerably more clumsy, falling over and injuring myself a lot. My balance has gone to utter shit this year. Muscle weakness that I havent had before.

- Cluster headaches / Migraine - Had these for yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars. Diagnosed about a year ago. Insane auras/pain/dizziness. Only very recently have I had cluster headaches. The pain is like a drill boring into your head, unlike any migraine/headache pain. Sometimes my whole right side goes numb with the pain.

- Double vision / DVD / Squint reoccurance - Considering surgery. DV pretty much constantly. I'm also astigmatic/long sighted.

/life story

It's fair to say that my hospital file size competes with the best of the oldies =P It's about a ream now haha

Edited by Raining_again

Epic long medical history GO

I was wondering how long it's be before you'd turn up in this thread. :heh:

I was wondering how long it's be before you'd turn up in this thread. :heh:

yeeeaaah baby :cool:

Gentlemen we can rebuild her.

We have the technology.

We have the capability to make the world's first bionic woman.

Raining_again will be that woman.

Better than she was before.

Better, stronger, faster.

My medical history is a lot smaller than raining's!

I've never had a nose bleed, I hardly get colds, first year of uni I did get the flu which scared me.

Most of my history is dental, if I'd had to pay for it I'd be very poor, braces, cap at 15, teeth removal, wisdom tooth removal, fillings etc. Yet I look after my teeth religiously, my dad always comments on how little my sister looks after hers and yet hers are much better than mine.

Never broken a bone, not sprained anything, no nose bleeds, no massive illnesses.

My body is incredibly sensitive to chemicals, like body wash, shampoos, if my clothes are washed in certain detergents. Pain but manageable I use ph stuff a lot as baby stuff can be worse than using a scented perfumed bath bomb ewwww.

Most of my history is dental, if I'd had to pay for it I'd be very poor, braces, cap at 15, teeth removal, wisdom tooth removal, fillings etc. Yet I look after my teeth religiously, my dad always comments on how little my sister looks after hers and yet hers are much better than mine.

Agh! :( (i'd be offended if someone said that to me lol)

It can be both genetics and environment. Apparently it helps if you live in a place where the water is full of flouride when your teeth are growing in (i grew up in north scot and had loads) but if you're dispositioned to have bad teeth you just will, no matter what =(

I wasn't especially great to my teeth as a kid (bit sloppy with brushing, although i brush 2xday now) and they dont seem to have suffered in any way. I think that was the only good genetics I recieved!

I have the worst type of hayfever ever, I can't be near a plant without sneezing like that nonstop sneezing bear and it really drives me crazy. I used to have asthma but after losing a lot of weight, I'm fine now.

As for bones, never broken one. Ever since I was 12, I've been on a battle with body weight and it gets more and more difficult but I exercise everyday, I'm very active and you'd probably think the opposite if you look at me, haha.

So yeah, hayfever...I hate it!

I have the worst type of hayfever ever, I can't be near a plant without sneezing like that nonstop sneezing bear and it really drives me crazy. I used to have asthma but after losing a lot of weight, I'm fine now.

As for bones, never broken one. Ever since I was 12, I've been on a battle with body weight and it gets more and more difficult but I exercise everyday, I'm very active and you'd probably think the opposite if you look at me, haha.

So yeah, hayfever...I hate it!

Walking to McDonalds doesn't count. Wayyyyy.

I think of my body as an enemy. There's so much wrong with it. (and not in the "um I don't like my nose shape..." way) If I could change it for an entirely different body I would. I'm mentally hampered by/ what I think of my physical self/body.

-I have recurring chest pains that started last year and vary from irriating to painful

-I have a weird tired / stoned feeling that comes over me at random points and stops me from doing very much / being particularly alert

-I have very weird joints which seem to pop out easily. Not much of a problem though.

- Seem to sweat alot, which is gross and not very nice when you wake up in night sweats..

- Constant hayfever in the summer, not helped along by the abundance of flowers in our garden. Last few weeks i've spent balsam in buisness.

- Constant cold in winter

- Used to have asthma, though no bad memorys of so

Aside from all that though, I seem unable to put on weight, am relatively healthy and look alright, so I guess it's not all bad!

I consider myself lucky in this department. I suffer from hayfever and get common colds quite often, but apart from that I hardly experience any physical discomfort, bar the occasional headache and the likes. I do have a sunken chest and would really like to get in better shape, but that's about it.

Apart from the glasses, the fractured leg whilst playing football in the summer and the occasional migraine that I succumb to as a result of not enough sugar/water in my body after a hard day's activities I'm pretty healthy apart from the typical cold in the winter.

I ski a lot more than an average person but no injury has come from that as of yet! *touches wood* Although I have a scar right near up my thigh from a ski slicing my leg whilst falling over. That was a weird day, going home taking off ski trousers and BAM blood everywhere. Didn't know I'd been bleeding, just thought I'd hurt a muscle.

I tend to be ok with most things. I do get hayfever in the summer but thats nowhere near as bad as it was when I was a kid, used to get so bad I could barely open my eyes.

Only get the occassional cold etc. Probably the thing I get the most is headaches and even that is just every now and again.

One thing I do hate though is the heat, yesterday I was so drained I felt like absolute shite. I was stuck walking around Oxford then Banbury from 1:30 until 5 waiting to be able to go home.

I'm too tall and I'm covered in stretch marks. Sure, they may just be cosmetic issues (and door frame banging issues) but it's still pretty depressing.

I'm too tall and I'm covered in stretch marks. Sure, they may just be cosmetic issues (and door frame banging issues) but it's still pretty depressing.

How tall are you?

P.S Tall guys are awesome don't you be thinking otherwise mister! :smile:

How tall are you?

P.S Tall guys are awesome don't you be thinking otherwise mister! :smile:

I'm 6'8/9. I think I crossed the threshold of awesome tall into awkward tall at 6'3 though :p It's never fun to walk into a room and hear people giggling about how big you are.

I'm 6'8/9. I think I crossed the threshold of awesome tall into awkward tall at 6'3 though :p It's never fun to walk into a room and hear people giggling about how big you are.

Just to say, it was a pleasure to play Baad Company 2 with a giant :). No harm intended as always.

Whilst being that tall can be awesome in some ways I guess I wouldn't really want to be that tall myself, because then you can't really hang around and mingle with the people under 6ft without looking like a gimp. Still, you're a good man, and all that matters is that your friends appreciate the cover you provide them. I'm not even trying to make potentially sticky comments but it happenz, as Zurich would say.

i have a splitting headache and I feel really dizzy o_0 haven't really taken any blows to the head recently. So i'm just going to lay down and hope it goes away, if I start bleeding out my nose or start having vision problems I'll go to a doctor.

I have an irregular heartbeat. It was first spotted during a check up and the nurse really scared me, she was convinced that i could have taken speed since my heart rate was similar to someone who had taken it.

I used to get serious stabbing pains in my chest which must have been related to that, and eating badly.

But eating properly is so boring and regimented. I know exactly how to eat healthily, i've read books on it, but it's so hard to keep it up your whole life.

So i sort of go through ups and downs. Currently i'm not looking after myself at all really and feel quite crap and listless. But i just can't summon the motivation to be strict with myself, it's boring.

Sign in to follow this