NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Odwin

My body is broken

How is your body failing you? Tales of sickness and illness abound on these forums. How truly sick are you?

My two major complaints are allergies and asthma.

Allergies are a bit of a pain. Rabbits are the worst; eyes itch and water, nose streams and throat closes up. Cute cuddly rabbits? I hates 'em. Cats and dogs are the next in my list of pain. I'm also allergic to house dust.

My asthma can be triggered by these allergies too, or just by the cold, or heavy exercise. Mine is manageable but over time my treatment is being added to and I fear that one day it may be too "strong" to control. I'm on an ICS/LABA (Steroid and something else) and I've recently been advised to add another drug to control mucus production, but the potential side effects scare me. I may decide to battle through a snotty throat rather than risk ...

a possible increase in suicidal behaviour and other side effects such as agitation, aggression, anxiousness, dream abnormalities and hallucinations, depression, irritability, restlessness and tremor.

Anyways, you?

I feel unhealthy when I get tired on the 5-minute walk from my house to the train station. Sure, I have to go down and up steep hills, but I shouldn't feel tired out. I'm fine with the flat 20-minute walk from the train station to work.

And due to work taking place inside a building with no windows, I now find that I have to squint when it' sunny (even if the sun is behind me).

Pretty similar to you with the alergies and athsma. Main ones are dust, hayfever and dogs.

I'm having orthodontic treatment. Not sure if it's relevant to this thread. I've got to have an operation in the next few months to have my caw cut and move forward, then held in with a titanium plate. Then I'll be on a liquid/soft diet for 6 weeks.

I also can't breathe through my nose. I have a bent septum. I've got to wait 'til I'm older before I can have the op. (I'll probably get it sorted when I finish uni.)

I also have a really large penis. It weighs me down and causes me to slouch.

Well... i think my Bones are just weak...

* I've Broken my arm skating, both bones came out through my skin. as you can see in the x-ray below, 2 metal plates and a handful of pins. still got them in there now even though this was done in 2006.

* I've broken my left collar bone twice. Once at a car show where i just generally fell over (Retard) 2nd time was in a car accident.

* I've Cracked my Ribs skiing, got airlifted off a mountain.. gotta love travel insurance ;)

* Ripped my cruciate ligament on my left leg playing footbal for the work team, was in crutches for aeons!

as for alergies and such... nothing asides from Hay fever.

and as shown in the pictures thread an x-ray of my arm

armwv.jpg

I think of my body as an enemy. There's so much wrong with it. (and not in the "um I don't like my nose shape..." way) If I could change it for an entirely different body I would. I'm mentally hampered by/ what I think of my physical self/body.

I exercise pretty hard so I'm in pretty good shape. On top of that I don't take any crap from my body. If it hurts I just push on through and I'm pretty ruthless about it. This I've done even moreso after starting parkour. On Sunday I crunched my ankle after screwing up a jump but the next day I cycled to and from work and went to the gym. It's all part of the conditioning. Nowadays people moan about the smallest things.

Pain is good.

I exercise pretty hard so I'm in pretty good shape. On top of that I don't take any crap from my body. If it hurts I just push on through and I'm pretty ruthless about it. This I've done even moreso after starting parkour. On Sunday I crunched my ankle after screwing up a jump but the next day I cycled to and from work and went to the gym. It's all part of the conditioning. Nowadays people moan about the smallest things.

Pain is good.

Pain is there for a reason though. Usually to tell you something is wrong, so you can't always ignore it.

(Though if it's just a cut or bruise or whatever, then sure.)

I tried to ignore the pain in my leg for 10 days thinking it was just an internal bruise or something, before eventually going to the doctor with it. Good thing I did, maybe otherwise they would've had to remove even more of the bone. =P

As for things wrong with my body, too many haha. Since I'm off to work though, I don't have time to write it down. Maybe later.

Maybe.

Right now, my body is serving me well. However September last year I got an impingement in my shoulder which is essentially tendinitis in the rotator cuff. Hurt like hell for a good 5 months. Took me ages to get back into using my arm properly even when I was given the all clear this January. I needed to do loads of physio-therapy on it but after a lot of work I'm back into my squash and playing well. Although whenever I feel a slight tinge in it I'll take a couple ibuprofen to help it out again.

Also my gluteus maximus is a little bit sore due to a tough game of squash the other day but that'll pass.

Edited by Charlie

This time last year my body was in a terrible stare, overweight, unfit, barley sleeping, I was getting panic attacks and other stuff.

Now? Pretty much everything has cleared up, I feel the best I have done in a long, long time.

Just gotta tone up a bit more and I'll be happy :)

My dick constantly gets in the way - I can't sit down because it just props me up as if it were a third leg. Infuriating.

---

Hilarity aside, there isn't much wrong, other than the fact that I can be quite susceptible to stress. Damn those neuro-chemical imbalances, you bastards!

driverShakingFist.jpg

I have no complaints, in all 23 and a half years service it's provided me. Rock on, body!

Most annoying problem I have is itchy feet. I've tried every type of athlete's foot treatment, and my mum doubts its a fungal infection; but what else could it be?

Those are textbook symptoms of AIDS I'm afraid, Daft is right. Don't worry, it might not be that. Have you still got 2 eyes? If so, then that's tough luck, you have AIDS.

Actually yeah, important question that, because if you don't have two eyes I'm afraid that it's probably Super AIDS.

I mean really, Chair...should you still be on the Internet, on KNEE? Super AIDS is like super contagious.

Yeah, uhhh, someone should probably think about banning him. Do it quick. Before it's too late.

Apart from having a knack for injuring myself, my body's been generally awesome. I seem to suffer from colds more than the average person but i'm generally pretty healthy.

I can barely stay awake for more than 12 hours most days. And i'l easily sleep those remaining 12 hours of the day, maybe more.

It's awful.

Don't worry, AIDS is fine if you're affluent.

I think you're getting confused by Designer AIDS.

Sign in to follow this