NEurope
chairdriver

Recommend Me An RPG

I have a PS2 and a Nintendo DS. My favourite games are Star Ocean III and Final Fantasy VIII. Also played alot of and loved, but never owned, Baiten Kaitos and Tales Of Symphonia.

Recommend me some RPGs!

Demon's Souls. It's not an RPG and I don't care you don't have a PS3, you should have one. Shame on you.

Persona 4. It's amazing and my name is in the credits. What more do you want?

Final Fantasy III and IV, both are quite awesome...III is more awesome tbh.

tbh=to be horseshit? :heh:

Final Fantasy IV is very good, but get it on GBA. And even then, get VI instead...

I have Final Fantasy III on PS1 and DS, and its the definition of a "meh" game. I completed half of IV, then felt so uncompelled that I never played it again.

tbh=to be horseshit? :heh:

Sorry, I have to congratulate you. LMFAO!! :D

Persona 4. It's amazing and my name is in the credits. What more do you want?

I have this. I've never really gotten that much into it. I've played until you actually get to roam about on your own, then realised I hate the battle system / the fact there's loads of joke card thingys, but you only can hold so many at a time. I hate that in games. Where you know there's so many lovely things to be had, but they limit how many you're allowed.

You must be playing it wrong. You keep your cards and combine them and stuff and then you get awesome cards. Until you see the card that's basically a massive penis in a Roman chariot (not joking), you haven't played enough. I hate JRPGs and I think it's amazing.

You're probably not playing it wrong.

If you have a DS phat you could search around for a copy of Golden Sun.

The Persona games are tedious as fuck.

Tales of Vesperia was fun. Although if you've played Symphonia its essentially more of the same. And the anime clichés aren't so thick in this one... (who am I kidding?)

For PS2 I always recommend Rogue Galaxy for PAL and Radiata Stories, Ar Tonelico and Tales of the Abyss for NTSC if you're looking for lesser known RPGS. Short version; Rogue Galaxy is a cel-shaded real time action RPG with zero loading times and great customazion system. Radiata Stories is from Tri-Ace, 150 or something recruitable character, funny and interesting plot and characters and with two very different story paths to choose. It's my favourite when it comes to branching storylines. I have troubles describing Ar Tonelico but I guess it comes down to solve the issue of understanding girls.

Dragon Quest VIII, and DQXI is coming out on the DS soon.

If you have a decent PC, get teh Fallout 3.

If you have a Gamecube, get teh Paper Mario: TTYD

If you only have teh PS2 & teh DS I can't help.

I can't teh help.

Since you also love FFVIII, I can tell you appreciate games that have that special greatness that's hard to put into words. Which is why I recommend either Shadow Hearts 1 or 2 (preferably both if you can get hold of them). Such a wonderful PS2 series set in Europe, but very much a Japanese RPG. A really nice story too. :)

Ignore SH3 (almost a spin off if anything).

Yeah, Chrono Trigger. I'm on the credits for that, too. What more do you want?

Seriously though, what are you looking for exactly?

Dragon Quest VIII (Journey of the Cursed King) is the best RPG I've ever played. If you have a PS2, you must play it, really! Even if you can only get it 2nd-hand.

For DS, I recommend Final Fantasy III and Dragon Quest V (Hand of the Heavenly Bride).

For PS2 I always recommend Rogue Galaxy for PA

This. It's amazing.

To the max.

Pretty sure he defended FFX in another topic, so he's probably got/completed it.

I'd also recommend seventh version of the RPG, not commonly suggested

rpg7a6dm.jpg

It may lead to this:

page6_blog_entry9_19.jpg

And potentially this:

ExplosionExample.jpg

There's a PS2 inside that somewhere.

For DS: Chrono Trigger

For PS2: Final Fantasy X

You can thank me later.

I thank you for liking FFX! lol.

Chrono Trigger

When you have the best RPG ever made waiting for you, what in the hell are you waiting for, chair? Or get the GBA FFVI like someone already mentioned, unless you have a DSi.

Never tried Disgaea, but it's supposed to be teh shit, so there's always that, plus, it's on both platforms!

Dragon Quest VIII (Journey of the Cursed King) is the best RPG I've ever played. If you have a PS2, you must play it, really! Even if you can only get it 2nd-hand.

I, too also highly support the recommendation of Dragon Quest VIII, I had forgotten about it. It won't leave you with much, but it's almost perfect while it lasts (meaning, the game itself is masterfull, but the story and so on is pretty generic).

Grazza, what the fuck does it matter if it's 2nd hand? The game stays the same!

Also, I really don't get the love for Final Fantasy games before VI... they all feel so empty. Tecnhically they may rock, but the world they create is so bland. Where as in 6, well... anyone who's played it knows it's only second to Chrono Trigger.

I hated VII, the story is good, the game itself is terrible. It was truly a chore to go through and I only did it to see what all the fuss was about. And I couldn't play 8/9 but that's because they insisted on those shitty 3d graphics that make your eyes hurt when 2D would've been gorgeous (*remembers how good Symphony of the night looked*)!