NEurope
MATtheHAT

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

I've just finished it and like the 2nd game the last few sequences seem rushed but the last level and the ending make up for it. Wow, bring on the next one. :D

You just finished it? How big is the game??

I'm nearing the end now and for me it's easily the best of the series. Everything just flows nicely and the story has done a great job of drawning me in. There's so much to do but you never feel overwhelmed by it. Great game.

I still prefer the first game's setting by a country mile but it's pretty ace. Still, I want info missions for the target.

I really hope they go back in time for the next game. Either Ancient Greece or Egypt. That of Victorian London would make me jizz my pants (You could play Jack the Ripper, except you're wrongly accused of being a serial killer...or something like that). Imagine the foggy streets.

I still prefer the first game's setting by a country mile but it's pretty ace. Still, I want info missions for the target.

I really hope they go back in time for the next game. Either Ancient Greece or Egypt. That of Victorian London would make me jizz my pants (You could play Jack the Ripper, except you're wrongly accused of being a serial killer...or something like that). Imagine the foggy streets.

Ah yes, then we can dispense with all the pretence that Assassins Creed didn't rip off Thief quite a bit. :grin:

I've only played the opening chapter so far but it seems nice. Must admit that I'm not feeling much for the characters so far and they dump Macheavelli (sp?) in like a Marvel ret-con but no real complaints. The pace picks up quite quickly once your done bragging about how well Ezio did in AC2.

You just finished it? How big is the game??

Pretty big. I'd say it took me 10-15 hours to do the main story but im spending alot of time getting the feathers and flags.

I like it how you can buy maps for these now. Once you do, they appear on your mini map when you are near one or you could just go to the main map and select the feather/flag to make it a waypoint.

Pretty big. I'd say it took me 10-15 hours to do the main story but im spending alot of time getting the feathers and flags.

I like it how you can buy maps for these now. Once you do, they appear on your mini map when you are near one or you could just go to the main map and select the feather/flag to make it a waypoint.

I was just wondering cause you finished the game on the day it came out...

Ah, I like that idea of maps for the flags. Collecting flags is the most stupid thing in the AC games. I didn't bother with it in the 1st one and used a walkthrough for the 2nd one cause I wanted to get 1000G. But it's so pointless, I don't like any of those objectives (collecting 100 of a given thing) in games.

That's brilliant news, however both feathers and flags, how many are there in total?

That's brilliant news, however both feathers and flags, how many are there in total?

83+18 flags and 10 feathers.

The maps for the flags and feathers, are those the ones you have to make by bringing certain ingridients?

If anyone's looking to get this on the dirt cheap, you can get a free copy with a six month sub to Empire. For £20

Pretty tasty deal- think I'll indulge on pay day.

Now that's quite sexy. May have to invest in that.

That of Victorian London would make me jizz my pants (You could play Jack the Ripper, except you're wrongly accused of being a serial killer...or something like that). Imagine the foggy streets.

Can't imagine Jack the Ripper/Someone accused of his crimes fapping over the streets of London, which is basically Assassin Creed's niche over the pr0 Hitman games.

Either Ancient Greece or Egypt.

Now we're talking. Jumping around the market then blending in Aladdin style would be amazing.

How much of this is the online multiplayer shizzle? Because like Shorty I'm really only interested in the single player.

EDIT: Fuck it, the second I make this post I'm subscribing to Empire. Probably won't get out of my overdraft this month.

83+18 flags and 10 feathers.

The maps for the flags and feathers, are those the ones you have to make by bringing certain ingridients?

You unlock the maps either near thje end of the game or after the end. Either way you don't have to collect any items to make them.

I finished off all the collecting so the single player is now fully completed, that being the case I decided to head over to multiplayer mode and found it to be very enjoyable.

My nephew picked the game up today so we both jumped into the same session and we had such a blast. It's great trying to balance between running after your targets but not trying to stick out too much as to get you noticed by others. Im very surprised how much fun I had with it.

I still don't quite get the mechanics of the online. Like when someone can see you and vica verse. I do pretty much get t but it seems a little clunky.

Just completed it. Got confusing towards the end, but the story has turned out very intriguing. As others have said, overall probably the best of the series. Still wish they'd bring back city-wide alarms though, it's too easy to kill a bunch of guards and walk away.

Multiplayer is amazing.

I assume everyone looks like a white robed clad assassin.

Yeah, lol, that's another reason why the Crusades were a better period for this series, at least Altair didn't seem so out of place as Ezio does. I mean, the dude really sticks out of the crowd! lol.gif

According to the site:

"The minimum term is 12 issues."

So while you get brotherhood with the 6 month sub, you have to pay for another 6 months anyway. So it's not really much cheaper.

Ah. How sneaky of them.

Ah. How sneaky of them.

Indeed, it is a bargain unless you read the small-print. Might as well buy on e-bay, works out at £10 cheaper if you look in the right places.

Most sites have it for around £37-38 on its own. So an extra couple of quid for 12 magazines isn't that much of a rip off.

I guess you could always just cancel the direct debit after 6 months? I doubt they'd really do very much about it.

I guess you could always just cancel the direct debit after 6 months? I doubt they'd really do very much about it.

Could do, but i think they'd win and get another 6 months out of you.

Could do, but i think they'd win and get another 6 months out of you.

Yeah, it's not as if they're hiding the minimum thing. For fine print it's actually quite centred. I'm not going to lie and say I didn't make a mistake because I missed it myself.

But like I said, either pay £38 for it or pay £40 and get 12 Empire mags. I don't really read Empire, I'd read it but wouldn't go out of my way to get it. Now I don't have to for a year.

I just don't get the online. On Manhunt when you're hidding I can get away with not dying at all and still get a crap score. What the He'll are you meant to do? It's not my fault if I don't suck at stealth.

I just don't get the online. On Manhunt when you're hidding I can get away with not dying at all and still get a crap score. What the He'll are you meant to do? It's not my fault if I don't suck at stealth.

Are you actually making kills though?

'cos if you're not.... well they are called "Man-hunt" and "Assassin's Creed" for a reason :p

I can think of a few different game modes that they could put into the multiplayer which are non-killing based. Similar to the idea that I had for Mirror's Edge multiplayer.

This should be coming in the mail tomorrow, liked assassins creed 2 allot so i guess more of the same with a few little differences thrown in should be fun.