NEurope
MATtheHAT

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

So... this game's out soon. Is anyone getting it?

Does anyone know if it's meant to be good? Sounds like a daft question but previews often give little away - with many never saying anything negative out of fear that they won't snag a review copy...

I loved the first two games, but can't help thinking that this will feel more like a "2.5" than a complete title, and bring too little new to the table. And there's multiplayer in there right? Unless the engine's been rebuilt (I'm sure it hasn't) I don't have too high hopes for it. And it might mean less attention has been given to the single-player side, which is pretty much all I'd be interested in.

I ask because I'm wondering whether I should start looking around for good pre-order deals, or if it's not worth the effort...

Well from the Beta alone I am getting it, had great fun with my friend on it.

Loved the first game. Hated the second.

From the videos I've seen it looks like they might have fixed some of the issues I had with the second.

I dislike Ezio immensely, too. Much preferred Altair (apart from the American accent).

You preferred the first game over the second? You can do so much more in the second...

I haven't played any of the Assassin's Creed games, but has anyone watched the advert for Brotherhood? The music just does not fit at all..

You preferred the first game over the second? You can do so much more in the second...

The city's are too vertical, totally kills the flow if you misstep.

The missions are painfully linear. Yes, the first game may have been repetitive but the idea of collecting information (and as much information as you wanted) actually gave weight to all your assassinations. I can't remember any of the assassinations from 2 but I can remember a fair few from 1 (The dude in the hospital being my favourite). I can't believe they got rid of this, it was a brilliant idea poorly executed. As it is, AC2 is a linear game posing as an open world one.

I think they butchered the HUD. The audio feedback, the beeping, you got in AC1 was so much better.

Ezio is really quite annoying. The Renaissance as a period blows compared to the bloody Crusades.

And by the time AC2 came out the whole engine had begun to look a little dated.

Also, I swear the combat was much more brutal in the first game. That could just be me.

Well, although I won't address all of your points it looks like combat in this game is much more brutal than the second, and as far as I can tell the HUD is back to the AC1 one as well.

And yes, I'm looking forward to this game. I had plenty of fun just running around, climbing viewpoints and killing guards in ridiculous ways, so I'm definitely looking forward to more of that with added extras. Won't get it at release probably, will wait until it comes down in price as always, but I'll definitely be getting it!

Yeah I saw the new combat. Didn't notice the HUD, will check it out.

If I'm honest I've only noticed it fleetingly in a few videos and thought, 'oh the health bar is like it used to be'. So I don't know if that's what you meant but it's a step in the right direction :).

However, I agree with you about the whole gathering of info before an assassination thing. I thought that was a great part of Assassin's Creed 1. Here's hoping they bring back an element of it in the new game at least, perhaps just implement it in the most important/epically setpiece'd assassinations and leave it out of the more minor ones.

This game is getting great reviews! Much better than I was expecting. 10 from Eurogamer. Currently a metacritic score of 91. Kotaku calling it the best AC game yet.

I just pre-ordered.

This game is getting great reviews! Much better than I was expecting. 10 from Eurogamer. Currently a metacritic score of 91. Kotaku calling it the best AC game yet.

I just pre-ordered.

I preordered it yesterday after reading the Eurogamer review. I can't believe the praise its getting and here was me thinking it was gona be a quick cash in.

I preordered it yesterday after reading the Eurogamer review. I can't believe the praise its getting and here was me thinking it was gona be a quick cash in.

I was thinking the same tbh!

And this is where things get difficult, only 1 more game purchase this year, why are GT5 and this so close together in releases?

Wicked! I was expecting some mediocre sub-game. I was buying it anyway but I doubted it'd live up to the first two.

This is why un-employment sucks. So many great titles out, so little money to purchase them with. Only 5 weeks until Christmas, which is enough time to complete/re-play games in my catalogue already.

Yes, this is one game i am looking to get. Which will most likely be Christmas to when i get this game.

I swear I thought they would just add multiplayer and a few new missions when I first heard of this game since it is only a year since the last one. How did they do so much in one year? Awesome :D

Assassin's Creed 1 had a lot of things which were better than Assassin's Creed 2 and vice-versa, but if this is the best of both then I'm delighted. I'll get it.

To the people who pre-ordered it yesterday, why? It's out tomorrow.

I swear I thought they would just add multiplayer and a few new missions when I first heard of this game since it is only a year since the last one. How did they do so much in one year? Awesome :D

Assassin's Creed 1 had a lot of things which were better than Assassin's Creed 2 and vice-versa, but if this is the best of both then I'm delighted. I'll get it.

To the people who pre-ordered it yesterday, why? It's out tomorrow.

They get shirts and double points and things.

I need to play more of the second. I got the PC version to test out my laptop's graphical power (it ran rather smoothly) and only played an hour.

Got this today.

Played a bit of singleplayer, which is nice. :)

And I've played two matches in multiplayer. My heart was beating faster than normal while playing...Very intense.

Looking forward to seeing more.

So played this for a couple hours. So far I am happy. Definitely feel more positive about this than ACII. The ability to replay missions, the sub-objectives and even the mission structures are all way better. I still wish there were more optional missions where you collect info on the assassination targets, like in the first game (except useful), but this is still better than II.

Not sure I'll play the online. Was in the beta but...just don't really care that much.

If anyone's looking to get this on the dirt cheap, you can get a free copy with a six month sub to Empire. For £20

Pretty tasty deal- think I'll indulge on pay day.

Edited by Dan_Dare

So played this for a couple hours. So far I am happy. Definitely feel more positive about this than ACII. The ability to replay missions, the sub-objectives and even the mission structures are all way better. I still wish there were more optional missions where you collect info on the assassination targets, like in the first game (except useful), but this is still better than II.

Not sure I'll play the online. Was in the beta but...just don't really care that much.

I'm nearing the end now and for me it's easily the best of the series. Everything just flows nicely and the story has done a great job of drawning me in. There's so much to do but you never feel overwhelmed by it. Great game.

I haven't played online yet but I let my nephew have a blast and it looks very interesting. It's like a giant game of hide and seek and it seemed very different from any other multiplayer game that i've played.

All I've played of it was the multiplayer beta on the PS3. I didn't really care for the game much, but it's just not my style of game.

My roommate however is loving it, has so far ONLY played the multiplayer on it.

Last night he was playing, and it was funny because his HUD just disappeared midgame... the only thing left was the little circle thing at the bottom middle saying which direction and how close his target was, and the timer at the top.

He still came in like 2nd place... without knowing what his target looks like, how many people are chasing him, or if he needs to be sneaky or not haha. It was... interesting.

I've just finished it and like the 2nd game the last few sequences seem rushed but the last level and the ending make up for it. Wow, bring on the next one. :D

Have to wait 5 weeks for this, but i am planning a re-play of AC II before i get this. Unless i get a job or make some extra monies.

At least the reviews for this are good, which always pleases me.