NEurope
Ashley

Your Unlikely Likes

- Picking my nose

- Not cutting my toenails for AGES then giving them a massive prune

Everyone elses 'likes' are far too likely.

These are both amazing.

Also:

- Rain, the heavier the better.

- The feeling of having just put clothes on.

- The feeling after a good poo (can't believe this one's been missed out thus far).

- Taking off socks at the end of the day.

- Relishing in the foot-protection provided by shoes.

- Looking at assorted items on shelves, especially stationery.

- Similarly, fresh pads of (high quality) paper.

- Looking at places you know well through the eyes of a stranger.

- Looking at places you know well through the eyes of a stranger.

This. Showing someone a film, a show, a piece of music etc. that you love for the first time. It's almost like experiencing it for the first time again yourself.

- The feeling after a good poo (can't believe this one's been missed out thus far).

The feeling of winning a good fight over a stubborn shit can't be beat.

• The sound of heavy rain (when indoors)
  • The sound/feeling of "normal" rain whilst holding an umbrella
  • Jeremy Kyle
  • As Jay said, nose picking, removing that bad boy which has been pissing your breathing off after a mighty struggle
  • Knowing murderers get the death penalty
  • When picking a scab you can get a massive bit off in one go with minimal pain, same with peeling skin after holiday
  • Same as above but regarding sticking your fingers together with superglue
  • The aroma of petrol
  • A pr0 looking sunset (Sunrises aren't as sexy)

- Used to have this as my wallpaper:

Awesome Sunset

As Jay said, very few of these are actually "unlikely likes". More like "little things that we never mention but generally all appreciate". That's nice in itself though.

Hmm.

On a scorching/sunny day outside, when you put your barefeet on the tarmac/pavement, and it's all warm. Only if I've been wearing shoes and the feeling is all tingly and refreshing. I don't walk around town with barefeet.

As Jay said, very few of these are actually "unlikely likes". More like "little things that we never mention but generally all appreciate". That's nice in itself though.

From the thread starter:

Those little things in life that seldom get discussed. The day to day but still enjoyable things?

(...)

Hopefully you get the idea. Personal things that you like/enjoy that often go unmentioned. And perhaps just thinking of them will brighten your day :)

"Unlikely [to be mentioned] likes" just sounds better than "little things you like but barely get mentioned"

You really are a miserable little bastard aren't you? :heh:

A hot day in the summer, and then a quick shower of cold rain to cool you down. Best I find when playing football or something to cool you off. Phwoar.

This. Showing someone a film, a show, a piece of music etc. that you love for the first time. It's almost like experiencing it for the first time again yourself.

Oh yeah, that IS awesome.

Another one: Playing football (or anything really) outside, during a slight drizzle. So refreshing.

Going out for a carvery (for those not in the know: essentially an all you can eat roast dinner) drinking plenty of alcohol, going home and sleeping it off.

It's a shame its not very good for you.. sleepiness after food is the body shutting off function to cope with the tremendous amount of food in the body.

God dammit why must everything good be bad for you =(

"Unlikely [to be mentioned] likes" just sounds better than "little things you like but barely get mentioned"

You really are a miserable little bastard aren't you? :heh:

I've lost so much face in this thread.

---

- Lying on a cold laminate (or marble, whatever you have in your house) floor, just because you can, and it feels great.

Seriously, why wasn't this done ages ago. It had to be done, honestly!!!.

A great thread, some great things that even i like.

The Crispy Frost covered grass under-foot

Same as Ipaul, trying to remember what other film that actor has been in.

Thunder Storms (especially the Lightening)

The smell of freshly cut-grass

That feeling when you sneeze, after knowing you will for 5 minutes. So awesome.

Conversely, the feeling when you don't sneeze after being sure you will for 5 minutes may well be one of the most disappointing feelings ever.

- When you stretch and you haven't for a while

^ This. That first stretch when you wake up in the morning is soooooooo good. :D

Erm... let me see:

- Hammocks - Yes you read that right. Hammocks. Love them. I know so many people who hate them but personally, if my room wasn't so big I'd replace my bed with a hammock (although my futon is pretty comfy so I don't know about that). Get a pillow in there and a bit of swing going on and they're brilliant. Even more so when drunk :laughing:

- Getting drunk and then lying flat on your back on a cold floor and staring at the ceiling or sky

- The sound of snow/fallen leaves crunching under foot

- Getting drunk and then lying flat on your back on a cold floor and staring at the ceiling or sky

Did this one not to long ago. Except I was in the bed of my truck with a pillow. I interrupted like 4 different conversations just to tell everyone to shut up and look at the stars.

I have a couple:

Sitting inside lovely and warm in winter, next to a window through which you can see the horrible freezing rain. It makes me appreciate being warm so much :D

Similar to some others... doing some kind of extreme excercise (playing lots of sport/going for a long run etc) until your body is genuinely tired, then having a shower and sitting/lying on your bed and letting your muscles rest. Feels fantastic!

Warm rain. When I was much younger and had a paper round I was cycling round my village and it started raining really, really hard. As in, torrential. But the rain was warm. Soon enough I was soaked all the way to my skin, all my clothes were drenched. But the rain was warm and it felt so amazing, like I was standing in a shower in full clothes.

And leading on from that - jumping into swimming pools fully clothed/getting wet fully clothed and not caring. :)

- Hammocks - Yes you read that right. Hammocks. Love them. I know so many people who hate them but personally, if my room wasn't so big I'd replace my bed with a hammock

You're complaining that you have too much room for a hammock?

Those little things in life that seldom get discussed. We all like requited love, wining on scratch cards and a spiffy new outfit but the little things? The day to day but still enjoyable things?

• The inside of a house at night only illuminated by outside sources (the moon, street lights etc)
  • The feeling of getting into a cold bed and warming up
  • Being nudged by a pet's head when it wants attention
  • Sprawling out on the floor after a bath and air drying

Hopefully you get the idea. Personal things that you like/enjoy that often go unmentioned. And perhaps just thinking of them will brighten your day :)

(I didn't just watch Amelie...)

I love getting into a cold bed, and just stretching.

Being the most annoying person ever.

If I can get a good friend of mine to be absolutely sick of me at the end of a day is thrilling for me.

Being the most annoying person ever.

If I can get a good friend of mine to be absolutely sick of me at the end of a day is thrilling for me.

Is that why in all of your posts you put each sentence on a new line? I'm sure grammar nazis everywhere silently fume every time you post :D

It actually kind of was...

But it's also because I then spend a lot less time structuring any thoughts or whatever.

And I can just...

Talk...

Like a mong.

But my before comment really is true.

I do annoy people a lot and shake them and sort of... scream at them.

Like a child.

I sound like an annoying person but I managed to have lots of friends.

Maybe I should do it more...

Is that why in all of your posts you put each sentence on a new line? I'm sure grammar nazis everywhere silently fume every time you post :D

Separating each sentence is hardly Grammar...well sure there are no paragraphs that way, but the more annoying mistakes aren't made.

I actually find that I can read all of Wesley's posts for two reasons; one of which is indeed the way he spaces them. Easy to read digestible chunks.

The other reason is that he's a fucking boss.

God dammit why must everything good be bad for you =(

Are you a virgin or something?

I do annoy people a lot and shake them and sort of... scream at them.

Like a child.

I sound like an annoying person but I managed to have lots of friends.

Maybe I should do it more...

It seems we are similar. And stupidly it does seem to attract others... go figure.