NEurope
Dante

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Release delayed by a week. Namco Bandai are giving out a free DLC familiar so that's not too bad.

This being delayed means I can pick it up out of my February pay.

Great news for poor people like me.

Edited by Guy

Really want to experience this game (visuals, music, story) but I'm just not a fan of RPG's, and when playing the demo every fight I just wanted to be over.

For this reason I don't tend to buy RPG's... I did buy Skies and didn't mind the battles in that, but didn't complete it, and it was the same with Baton Kaitos... RPG battles are so drawn out I just kind of tire of it.

Of course I might find I get into the battle system for this game, but I just know in the back of my mind it's unlikely, and it's just whether I want to give it that chance/put the time into it (that I could spend on another game) or not.

Edited by Retro_Link

I mean i'd pre-ordered it anyway as i previously said, but that review was awesome! i am so pumped for this now!

Its alright for you @Guy, but its slap bang in the middle of my pay period and i've ordered the damn £70 special version....

I'm sorry to hear that dude. I can't afford the super book edition, so just the regular peon version for me. I'll be lucky if it even comes with an instruction manual.

Main thing is always just the game. Not fussed about collectors nowadays. Better to buy another game with that cash. I think collecting familiars will drive some people mad.

Really undecided about whether to buy a PS3 for this. If I had the system I'd buy the game in a heartbeat, but I don't. From what I've seen it looks like the successor to Dragon Quest VIII (although obviously not quite) that I always wanted. Hmm...

Yeah I've had the expensive version pre-ordered a while. A game that you know is amazing and with Ghibli presentation couldn't get much better.

Really undecided about whether to buy a PS3 for this. If I had the system I'd buy the game in a heartbeat, but I don't. From what I've seen it looks like the successor to Dragon Quest VIII (although obviously not quite) that I always wanted. Hmm...

Get it. PS3s are dirt cheap (what, £130?). A Blu Ray player included, free online, and tons of great games and exclusives we could suggest. Totally worth it.

Get it. PS3s are dirt cheap (what, £130?). A Blu Ray player included, free online, and tons of great games and exclusives we could suggest. Totally worth it.

OK, thanks Shiekah. PS3s are indeed cheap, it's just that I'm also thinking about the best time to buy an HDTV (I tend to overcomplicate things).

I have a vague idea about PS3 exclusives (I'd definitely get Journey, for instance), and I don't have an Xbox 360 either so I would also use it for multi-format games. Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

It's worth it, yeah. Aside from Ni No Kuni, there's at the very fucking least Demon's Souls, Journey and 3D Dot Game Heroes as far as absolutely essential exclusives go (then there's stuff you might like such as Uncharted 2 and such, but those aren't so universal in their appeal). As a matter of fact, as much as I dislike the DS3, if I could only buy only one console this gen it would've been the PS3, in retrospect, too many great games that can only be enjoyed with a PS3 and then there's all the multiplatform stuff.

edit: Do you own a 360 or a gaming PC? (nevermind you answered that already)

Ok, here's what you MUST at least try (I'm assuming you don't have a gaming PC, if you do many of these make no sense).

@Grazza

- JOURNEY!

- The Souls games (Demon's/Dark). Dark is better on PC.

- Portal 2 (better on PC)

- Uncharted 2. Don't bother with 1. Maybe bother with 3. 2 is THE game to have, though.

- 3D Dot Game Heroes. imo, the best Zelda that came out this gen. Lol.

- (if you like Hack'n'Slash games) Bayonetta and maybe God Of War 3.

- (if you haven't played it on PS2) Shadow Of The Colossus HD.

- (if you like sandbox games) Red Dead Redemption.

- Bioshock (better on PC)

- Mass Effect series (better on PC)

- Flower.

- Valkyria Chronicles. I don't like it, but it seems to be perfect for you.

Maybes (not sure if you'll like these but you never know) - Little Big Planet, GT5, Dead Space 1(better on PC), Fallout and Elder Scrolls (better on PC, but I don't think you'll like them), Batman games, Heavy Rain (it kind of sucks, but kind of doesn't), Vanquish, Assassin's Creed (2 is the best), Borderlands.

Don't believe the hype: MGS4, Resistance games, Killzone games, Infamous games, GTA games.

Edited by Oxigen_Waste
because why wouldn't I

OK, thanks Shiekah. PS3s are indeed cheap, it's just that I'm also thinking about the best time to buy an HDTV (I tend to overcomplicate things).

I have a vague idea about PS3 exclusives (I'd definitely get Journey, for instance), and I don't have an Xbox 360 either so I would also use it for multi-format games. Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Yes Grazza do it!!! :D

I got a PS3 last year, and exclusives like the Uncharted and Infamous series are just too good. Heavy Rain too, but I haven't started that yet.

Then there's PSN games like Journey, The Unfinished Swan, The Walking Dead, Sound Shapes, Limbo, Pid etc...

And yeah all the third party games too!

I'd pay to watch Grazza play Demon's Souls.

Pay me directly and I'll play the whole PS3 back catalogue for you. :blank:

Pay me directly and I'll play the whole PS3 back catalogue for you. :blank:

Man, I don't think I could do a list that would do the PS3 justice. It really is the king this generation. There's at least 20 games that are absolute musts, stellar titles.

Its also great for RPGs, which I know you'd like. You'd love Eternal Sonata and Tales of Graces F.

Man, I don't think I could do a list that would do the PS3 justice. It really is the king this generation. There's at least 20 games that are absolute musts, stellar titles.

Its also great for RPGs, which I know you'd like. You'd love Eternal Sonata and Tales of Graces F.

I don't think any platform was really great for RPGs this gen... The Wii was the least bad, but even then...

I don't think any platform was really great for RPGs this gen... The Wii was the least bad, but even then...

That depends. JRPGs yes, mostly due to Square Enix losing it. WRPGs no, Oblivion and Skyrim in particular have stood out.

Best JRPG so far this gen was Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii.

That depends. JRPGs yes, mostly due to Square Enix losing it. WRPGs no, Oblivion and Skyrim in particular have stood out.

Best JRPG so far this gen was Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii.

Yeah, I was on about JRPGs, obviously. :D

For WRPGs you're better off with a PC, anyway... be it Skyrim/Oblivion, Fallout or Mass Effect. :P

Hear hear, Xenoblade rocked. Here's hoping Ni No Kuni dethrones it, though.

You'd think Ghibli would be able to hire a copy editor that ensured the title at lease made grammatical sense.

Daymn. Ghibli meets gaming? Tempted to pick it up just on that alone! However I'm not sure I'm happy to go full retail, but then it worries me this might be one of those games that gets a limited print...

Daymn. Ghibli meets gaming? Tempted to pick it up just on that alone! However I'm not sure I'm happy to go full retail, but then it worries me this might be one of those games that gets a limited print...

I waited for Xenoblade to drop below £20 before I took a chance on it, and now you can't find it anywhere. I'm not making the same mistake with this one.

I waited for Xenoblade to drop below £20 before I took a chance on it, and now you can't find it anywhere. I'm not making the same mistake with this one.

I guess that's right, I snapped up Xenoblade(and the other two, I have yet to plaY) as soon as I could for the same reason, and man it is NOT a decision I regret. Can anything really come close to challenging it, though? I really still need to finish Xenoblade too...

Quick question/check - unless I'm mistaken, the PS3 is region free, non? So if I struggle to find this in UK, I could get an import version?

OK, thanks chaps. I've read every suggestion and I really do appreciate it. I don't think I'll be ready to play this in February/March anyway, so my plan is to get a PS3 a bit later on, but in the meantime pick up Ni No Kuni and these games (if I can get my hands on them):

Journey

Flower

3D Dot Game Heroes

Shadow of the Colossus HD (loved it on PS2)

Mass Effect Trilogy

Valkyria Chronicles

The Last Guardian (I know, I know... ;))

Much appreciated.

OK, thanks chaps. I've read every suggestion and I really do appreciate it. I don't think I'll be ready to play this in February/March anyway, so my plan is to get a PS3 a bit later on, but in the meantime pick up Ni No Kuni and these games (if I can get my hands on them):

Journey

Flower

3D Dot Game Heroes

Shadow of the Colossus HD (loved it on PS2)

Mass Effect Trilogy

Valkyria Chronicles

The Last Guardian (I know, I know... ;))

[/Quote]

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are missing from that list... very awesome games. RPGs too, I'd say.