NEurope
Dante

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Looks so awesome, definite purchase for me provided it's not something crazy like over £100. Doesn't look like it should be in that range though!

Edit: $100 in the US...fuck. We all know how dollar to pound conversions go down...

Edited by Sheikah

Apparently:

"This full-color book will contain a bestiary of all the creatures found in the game, while it will even offer in-depth item descriptions, spells and a history of the other world."

I think with the DS you actually needed it in order to perform spells? Not sure here but looks awesome.

DS version relied on it heavily on how to draw the spells, what they did and stuff like monster descriptions and weaknesses. Would be nice if they included that kind of stuff in the PS3 version, even if it's not necessary this time.

Shopto has put up preorders. £69.85, they say the RRP is £79.99.

Edit: Really wish Shopto didn't shop the total price for your preorders :P

Edited by Ike

Shopto has put up preorders. £69.85, they say the RRP is £79.99.

Edit: Really wish Shopto didn't shop the total price for your preorders :P

Thanks for the heads up.

*preorders*

Yeah, it can be quite the sight looking at how much you are going to spend in the next few months. :D

Yeah, it can be quite the sight looking at how much you are going to spend in the next few months. :D

Especially with 2 consoles preordered :(

Amazon.co.uk Pre-order Bonus

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch with Two Amazon-exclusive Familiars

Pre-order Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch with us at Amazon.co.uk and you'll receive two Amazon-exclusive Familiars as a pre-order bonus.

In Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, 'familiars' are creatures you send out to battle for you. They will evolve as the story progresses. The two familiars available with your pre-order of Ni No Kuni are:

GRIFFY

Griffy01._V390097539_.jpg

Able to spy its prey from great distances, the Griffy is known as the Hunter of the Skies. With its fearsome Phantom Fangs and its potent Petrifying Puff, this creature is not to be trifled with, especially when it evolves into its most lethal forms, the Griffurnace or the Griffigerator.

FLUTTERBY

Flutterby01._V390097538_.jpg

This elegant flying creature delights all who are fortunate enough to catch it, but beware of its Gust Buster and its perilous Poison Pinch. The Flutterby evolves into either the midnight Flutterby or the midday Flutterby, depending on the path chosen by its owner.

Edited by Retro_Link

I changed. It's like a few pence more for the Wizard's edition from Amazon than ShopTo and you get additional stuff.

Preordered form Amazon as well. Seem like the extra bonus is nice :) Saw the new vids and am hyped. I feel old for this but the Studio Ghibli style and music pulls me in big time.

Well i switched the pre-order, nice enough bonus, but i prefer the customer experience with shopto

I'll most likely get this game once it's in the BOMB bin on the 2nd week it's out.

Good luck with that.

Good luck with that.

All PS3 games I have gotten have been put into the bomb bin, oh should I mention I just bought Tales Of Graces f in a $15 bin? A week ago it was $99

The game will bomb just like it did in Japan

All PS3 games I have gotten have been put into the bomb bin, oh should I mention I just bought Tales Of Graces f in a $15 bin? A week ago it was $99

The game will bomb just like it did in Japan

As Sheikah said, good luck with that plan.

I'll be grabbing this on day one since these types of games have a habit of vanishing without a trace within days of being released. Dunno how it is in Australia though.

Demo is up on the PS Store. Just installing it now, impressions later.

EDIT: Impressions time.

Positive from what I played, the demo gives you 2 scenario's to play, when you pick a scenario, you are given 20 minutes to get as far into it as possible before it returns you to the main menu. I played the forest scenario which sends us outside of a boss area, I took 2 attempts to beat it first time getting used to the combat, that said I barely scraped past the second try. So yes after that I did some grinding totally forgetting about the time limits, so I rushed to get back to the town and do the task there, but before I finished it time over. Combat is fairly simple, pick wether to fight yourself or send out a familiar to fight for you, you can swap out any time. Action based but turn based as well, when you issue a command you let your character do his work, but if you can cancel an action if say you are attacking something and it uses it's special, you can cancel your attack action to then defend. It feels a lot like Pokemon.

Impressions over.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

I'm not too sure what to think of the combat. I'm pretty sure I hated it. I'd love some real basic Golden Sun type turn based combat.

The demo actually is quite good. I was worried about the combat but its quite fun and realtime. It actually seems much nicer than say FFXIII's combat. Has a Pokemon element to it with the companions. The trailers make it look like a strict turn based game. You can move in full 3d and defeating the boss requires movement, hitting them in their weak spot if necessarly. In this case it was simply hit the boss from behind. Block when he performs the attack or dodge. Very well designed. Somethign which the trailers just dont showcase.

Exploration looks good, has an over world. The demo wont let you explore the town though. Music and presentation is top notch. My main complaint is that its a game for kids. But it seems much better than something like FFXIII and any SE RPG this gen.

So GAME are doing a preoder bonus with the regular edition where you get the Wizard Companion book... in Japanese.

Think they found a load of leftover books and just decided to give them to GAME?