Dante

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

52 minutes ago, drahkon said:

The remaster is on sale for a tenner...reeeeaaaally tempted :D

Played it on the PS3 and loved it.

Gonna see if I enjoy Onrush first...if not...I might buy this remaster :p

OnRush? Isn't that a random racer? Why?

2 hours ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

This is my first time playing the game. Always wanted to play it, but didn't have a PS3 and have been waiting ages for a way to play it on PS4. Finally got around to it!

I'm about 17 hours into the game so far and here's where I am:

17 hours in (Reveal hidden contents)

I've just helped out the Cowlipha by giving her the cheese and then passing on "restraint" to her. Already visited Castaway Cove but now have the letter to set sail.

This game is AWESOME. :bowdown:

I'm hugely enjoying the battle system and the way that it works. It feels intuitive and has kept me engaged throughout fights. I was worried at the start that it may feel too overwhelming or just become a "hit X to win" sort of affair, but there's enough variety with the enemies you come across and moves/attacks that it feels interesting to fight. 

Loving the humour in the game, usually provided by Drippy. I got about 4 hours into the game and switched the audio from Japanese to English as it was too much to not hear Drippy's Welshness. It's such a bizarre creative decision to make him Welsh, but it's actually also a stroke of genius. I'm usually dying at every single one of this lines. TIDY, en't it! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

If I didn't have to sleep or exercise or eat, I would just be playing this game. 

I forgot you're a secret Dragon -.-

You're basically where I left off! Maybe I'll steal some Christmas magic and jump back in to try and keep up with ye! No promises yet but I do need a motivator to keep me going...maybe if I could steal just a little bit of your Enthusiasm!

19 minutes ago, Rummy said:

OnRush? Isn't that a random racer? Why?

It is.
Been in the mood for a fun arcade racer and found this one in my library. It apparently was a PS+ game a couple years ago.

Played a bit and I have to say: I like it :D

Happy to see you enjoying it, @Fierce_LiNk.

The game was easily one of the best JRPGs that console generation produced and playing it last year again on the PS4 solidified that feeling. It's a shame the sequel didn't manage to recapture the magic. It's still worth a play but the original is the better game.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, drahkon said:

It is.
Been in the mood for a fun arcade racer and found this one in my library. It apparently was a PS+ game a couple years ago.

Played a bit and I have to say: I like it :D

lol yeah I got into it a bit heavy when they PS+'d it - lemme know if you fancy any random online teamage at any point I'd love an excuse to get into it again /off-topic

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Happy to see you enjoying it, @Fierce_LiNk.

The game was easily one of the best JRPGs that console generation produced and playing it last year again on the PS4 solidified that feeling. It's a shame the sequel didn't manage to recapture the magic. It's still worth a play but the original is the better game.

Cheers, butt. This guy is flippin' tidy, en't it. 

On 22/12/2020 at 7:03 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

@nekunando is Onrush any good for you? I know you enjoy car games and have been playing more on your PS4/5 these days. For £2 it may be worth a look.

Thanks for the heads up, though I had already saw the price of it and looked into it before your kind notification :red:

As a big fan of Excite Truck added to the fact that some of the developers of the excellent Drive Club were involved in Onrush, I feel like there could be a little something in there for me.

At the price, it might be worth a try but watching footage on YouTube didn't sell me on it at all..

Not sure I recall if I even have jurisdiction here but may split out OnRush posts on laptop later just cos.

@Fierce_LiNk where you upto with this atm? I really wanna kinda pick up where I left off alongside you but no idea how you're pacing it. I imagine with Xmas you're blasting?

2 hours ago, Rummy said:

Not sure I recall if I even have jurisdiction here but may split out OnRush posts on laptop later just cos.

@Fierce_LiNk where you upto with this atm? I really wanna kinda pick up where I left off alongside you but no idea how you're pacing it. I imagine with Xmas you're blasting?

Spoiler

I've just met the Sky Pirates and defeated that dragon boss of theirs. Now I'm helping out the dragon in the cave.

I'm spending a bit of time grinding to level up my team and metamorphose them. Game is lots of fun. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Fierce_LiNk said:
  Where I am... (Reveal hidden contents)

I've just met the Sky Pirates and defeated that dragon boss of theirs. Now I'm helping out the dragon in the cave.

I'm spending a bit of time grinding to level up my team and metamorphose them. Game is lots of fun. 

Ahhh you're smashing it! Don't think I even got there on my original playthrough - I'm still not playing and probs on the boat just after getting the alkhemy pot from the djinn(forget his name but im sure it's something like al-khemi?)