NEurope
Dante

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Also does anyone know if theres a place where i can check how many battles i've been in?

Unfortunately not. I didn't get my 1000 battles done till 55 hours in.

Yeah I kept him too, but if you come across a purrloiner (cat with a sword) try charm it since it basically becomes Mitey's direct replacement.

Pfft, my purrloiner is second in command to my mitey, and he just seems a bit shit compared! Admittedly he hasn't had as much levelling, but he's still weaker than I'd like :(

I'm quite fond of my downloaded Draggle(now a Draggette?) - she's my third for oliver. When Mitey needs awaying its her or the purrloiner who comes out!

Pfft, my purrloiner is second in command to my mitey, and he just seems a bit shit compared! Admittedly he hasn't had as much levelling, but he's still weaker than I'd like :(

I'm quite fond of my downloaded Draggle(now a Draggette?) - she's my third for oliver. When Mitey needs awaying its her or the purrloiner who comes out!

When you get him to third stage he's a lot better. Attacks very quick and higher stats.

Out of interest(I haven't gone back to try yet), does anyone have any tips for;

Proco Grosso? Felt like it just kept kicking my arse, even on easy!

Finally defeated the S Rank Colosseum!! Oliver and Dino had to do the last 2 battles practically by themselves as the AI used all of its MP and then died. I just used Dino and then when he ran out of stamina I switched to Oliver and used Thunderstorm. Victory! :D

It's a nice surprise, isn't it? I have used it too much to be honest. I have to much fun flying around with on the dragon to be stuck in a car.
:D

You done the colosseum yet?

I did do the Colosseum, at level 98 and it was still a tad close because of no in between round healing/mp restoration. My team consisted of Puss in Boats, Demoliceros and the Griffin all nearly maxed out plus the naiaid, sprite, hullaballoon for healing and defense.

Edited by Arnieboy

I did do the Colosseum, at level 98 and it was still a tad close because of no in between round healing/mp restoration. My team consisted of Puss in Boats, Demoliceros and the Griffin all nearly maxed out plus the naiaid, sprite, hullaballoon for healing and defense.

I really should have had a familiar that could revive with me. The S Rank isn't that hard, apart from the 3rd battle. The stupid Magitech would destroy my team with his laser beam while I was focused on the other two. I needed to take them out first as they were the healers. Once it was one on one the Magitech quickly fell as you can easily dodge his blast when concentrating just on him.

So i was walking around the ivory tower looking to grind exp out of tokotocolds when i came across a golden tokotocold, I figured the exp would be doubled or something when i defeted it but all it gave me was about 600exp, although it gave me around 10,000G. So is the point of golden enemies just to farm gold or can you actually catch them or something?

So i was walking around the ivory tower looking to grind exp out of tokotocolds when i came across a golden tokotocold, I figured the exp would be doubled or something when i defeted it but all it gave me was about 600exp, although it gave me around 10,000G. So is the point of golden enemies just to farm gold or can you actually catch them or something?

You can catch them and they are the ones that have rare items, either by dropping them or stealing them.

Finally defeated the S Rank Colosseum!! Oliver and Dino had to do the last 2 battles practically by themselves as the AI used all of its MP and then died. I just used Dino and then when he ran out of stamina I switched to Oliver and used Thunderstorm. Victory! :D

I'm just curious, is it possible to enter a team that is identical to your opponent's? That was the only way I could win S Rank in Dragon Quest VIII's Monster Arena, and I wondered if Level 5 had repeated that tactic in this.

I'm just curious, is it possible to enter a team that is identical to your opponent's? That was the only way I could win S Rank in Dragon Quest VIII's Monster Arena, and I wondered if Level 5 had repeated that tactic in this.

Not really as you have a series of 4 fights, each with a different set of familiars.

I managed to nab the alchemy trophy last night, took some doing mind. You need a stupid amount of materials to make 120 things. Luckily there are 134 items so you can skip all of the recipes that require you to use things like scrolls and kalediostones.

I was wondering when I would unlock the 2000 glims trophy, as i've been playing the game for nearly 70 hours now. I just happened to check what trophies I needed to unlock and turns out that I already had it! Apparently it unlocked on Saturday at some point. I must have missed the notification. :D

I just need to find all the hidden chest and capture/evolve 30 more familiars and the platinum will be mine. :yay:

beat Vileheart. Easy fight. Probably had to do with being around level 60 and having pretty strong familiars.

Done all the errands and bounty hunts before. I don't want this game to end :(

Currently quite a few hours into the post-game and still loving it. Absolutely loved the main game and I'd have to think long and hard to find any faults with it.

I wouldn't mind going after the Platinum and the majority of my remaining trophies are ones that involve grinding, going after the rarer materials may not be much fun so I'll see how I get on. I'd rather go without the plat than have my enjoyment of the game potentially ruined by any grind.

Arrived in Nevermore

About to fight Shadar, just watching the cutscene. Nice little plot development.

Can't wait for the post game content.

Edit: Ooookaaayyy

That was unexpected. A fourth party member. Well, onto Motorville now and I hope after that the real post game can begin :)

Edited by drahkon

Arrived in Nevermore

About to fight Shadar, just watching the cutscene. Nice little plot development.

Did you enjoy the crazy stairs in that place? At one point I thought I was going to be sick. :D

It reminded me of this.

Nabbed the trophy for getting 250 familiars last night. One left before the platinum...:bouncy:

Nabbed the trophy for getting 250 familiars last night. One left before the platinum...:bouncy:

Good work! If it's the hidden chests one you're after that'll be easy. I managed to grab that one before I even completed the game.

Did you enjoy the crazy stairs in that place? At one point I thought I was going to be sick.
:D

It reminded me of this.

Yeah, it was great. :) Just thought it could've been a bigger dungeon with more crazy stairs.

So i just did the Master Alchemist errand....I never want to do something like that ever again!

I got the 1000 battles won trophy and the half-million G trophy while on that errand, it still took hours though, and i mean hours.

And only 47% in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. Tsk-tsk.

I know. Shameful isn't it? Not bad for one session though. :)

So i just did the Master Alchemist errand....I never want to do something like that ever again!

You did the 250 familiars one yet? That's a bit of a grind as well. That and the alchemist ones are the worst, so at least you are half way there. :D

I've been treating this game like a pokemon game and every new area i've entered i've grinded and captured all the creatures.

does anyone have any recommendations for Swaine's familiars? as in automina (is that right? robots basically) i caught an ironman and he was shit, slow movement and speed

i currently use

Oliver : Purloin (first evolution), Naja (first evolution) Bighorn

Esther: Golden Drongo (first evolution), last evolution of the griffin or Draggette in the second slot and a trainer in the other slot

Swaine: Mitey (first evolution), Bone Ranger and a vacant/trainer slot

I'm at the volcano. I don't think I'm very far.

That's not too far in, but in many ways that's good :) keep playing the game at a pace that suits you, that's what I'm doing; still nowhere near finished at around the fifty hours or so mark as I love doing side-quests.

It's easily one of the best RPG's I've played in a good while. :D

I've been treating this game like a pokemon game and every new area i've entered i've grinded and captured all the creatures.

does anyone have any recommendations for Swaine's familiars? as in automina (is that right? robots basically) i caught an ironman and he was shit, slow movement and speed

i currently use

Oliver : Purloin (first evolution), Naja (first evolution) Bighorn

Esther: Golden Drongo (first evolution), last evolution of the griffin or Draggette in the second slot and a trainer in the other slot

Swaine: Mitey (first evolution), Bone Ranger and a vacant/trainer slot

I had one of the little turbin guys as Swaines main familiar. He was awesome in his last form.

I'm at the volcano. I don't think I'm very far.

The boss in that area kicked my butt. Probably one of the hardest bosses in the game for me.

Edited by Hero-of-Time