NEurope
Dante

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

On PSN? Yeah I was just checking the store for new stuff and downloading the free monsters. Wasn't actually planning to get the game(right away) but I changed my mind a couple of days ago.

Update: I might buy it at Game with bonus points if they have more left when I get there, but I managed to secure one via Collect@Store (buy online, pick up at store) at an electronic store just in case as I don't have to pay unless I pick it up.

Edited by Tales
Automerged Doublepost

I am loving this game! its just perfect so far, but i can't help feeling this is what a pokemon console game could be like :(

Drippy is great fun but a little annoying certain phrases are a little annoyingly overused, but i love OoT and that has one of the most annoying sidekicks ever so no amount of annoyance will detract from how amazingly beautiful this game is

The game reminds me of Dragon Quest too much :laughing:

Seems your better off using the familiars in battle rather than Oliver.

The animated cutscenes look so good, might end up watching some Ghibli Studio movies this weekend.

So...if I decided to try this for an hour or two, am I going to have trouble putting it back down? :p Seems everyone's rather loving it so far, might bump it up on the play schedule :D

Didn't get the game :( I went down to Game first. They had two dozen covers stacked up on one of the shelves. Picked one up but got told in the counter they were all sold out. The covers were just for looks. So I went up to the electronic store where I had my "secure copy" from collect@store. But unfortunatly some people had queued up at the gate when they opened and grabbed all the games, they pretty much saw my order the second after they sold the last game. Went back down to Game to reserve a game from the next shipment and he told me they may get something in the mail today after all. Now I'm just waiting for him to call. For the record, none of the other stores have it either, I checked them all.

Edited by Tales

My rental copy arrived from Lovefilm. YES.

Can't play it at all this weekend. NO.

So no game for me today. Probably not before Monday, maybe Tuesday. Ordered one online, assuming they have it on stock. My fault I guess. I didn't know the game existed until two weeks ago, and I didn't want it until two days ago.

Can you not download it from the PSN, unless you really want a physical copy or something?

I didn't see it on PSN earlier? I would of course download it if I could.

Edit: Which idiot didn't put this on the front page. Had to search for it. Thanks for the tip Ike. I would have never known without you.

20 GB. Fun. Tomorrow it is then. Better than Monday anyway. Thanks again Ike.

Edited by Tales
Automerged Doublepost

Ah, they didn't upload the full file to the PSN so they took it down while they fixed it, guess you checked while they were sorting it out. It's fine now though.

The animated cutscenes look so good, might end up watching some Ghibli Studio movies this weekend.

Wow, wait what? This kind of implies you've never done that. Is that correct?

Wow, wait what? This kind of implies you've never done that. Is that correct?

Kinda. I haven't seen all of them, just a few. Picked up most of the Blu-ray releases which I haven't gotten round to watching yet.

Kinda. I haven't seen all of them, just a few. Picked up most of the Blu-ray releases which I haven't gotten round to watching yet.

Ah, good! It kinda felt like you hadn't watched any yet, considering the phrasing.

Anywhoo, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Nausicaä, Grave Of The Fireflies and Laputa are MANDATORY watches. All of them incredible masterpieces.

But you can pretty much watch any of their movies and walk away satisfied.

Is anyone else surprised at how challenging this game is, battle wise? I'm playing on easy and some battles STILL make me panic.

Is anyone else surprised at how challenging this game is, battle wise? I'm playing on easy and some battles STILL make me panic.

Depends on how far you are into the game.

My ONLY concern about the game was actually the lack of challenge (even on Normal), in that, in the 8 and a half hours I put in yesterday I only died once and even that was due to my own stupidity (getting blindsided by an enemy when low on health).

There were a couple of areas that caused some minor problems but still nothing that proved too much a challenge.

That changed today when I hit a new area

Just after defeating the second proper guardian

and the difficulty has certainly spiked a lot more. Thankfully.

Do you run through every area, or do you take your time and it still quite challenging?

It's nice to have good Internet connection, already installing :)

Do you run through every area, or do you take your time and it still quite challenging?

I've been taking my time, that's the only way to play these games IMO, which may account for the relative lack of challenge. I've not been grinding however, as I also don't want to get overpowered but whilst out venturing doing side quests etc battles are largely unavoidable.

The good thing is, that even when taking your time there are going to be areas that are quite challenging at first, however, it doesn't take long too long to level to make things equal again. It's good that there doesn't appear to be the need for excessive grinding but it also seems to be too fine a line for balancing the difficulty.

Still, it's only a minor issue in a game that I already thought was excellent yesterday and has somehow managed to get even better still.

Sweet game this is. Not really got anywhere yet, just absorbing it all. Love the drippy plush and book, so neat. :)

Work your way chronologically. Just watched Laputa again and I'm still amazed by how much personality and earthyness the colours have in their animation from that era.

Just flying over the posts here, and everything I take in is pretty much saying: "This game is amazing."

Oh good lord, I want to play....NOW!

I too think the game is amazing, my only problem is I find myself only playing it in bursts, I'm just not getting as absorbed into it as I feel I should be. After like 2 hours I find myself playing something else, maybe coming back to it later in the day for another hour or two burst. Is it just me?

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Contrary to Tesco's email, my game has in fact arrived! It looks soo gorgeous and it's made me smile a lot. Drippy's great, not sold on Oliver though. Think I could did the fighting too given a few more hours / adding in more familiars.

Fantastic game, sunk about 11 hours into it before I realised what the time was. Two deaths thus far, one was my fault and the other was from a surprise boss battle, totally wasn't expecting it.

Funny thing is that's the second time a boss battle has come and caught me completely off guard, just that the first time it happened I actually had MP.

The writing in this game is hilarious, so many puns.

This game, mun! This flippin' game! :D

I was up at around half 5 this morning and apart from a lunch break i've been on this game non stop. It's really sucked me in. I've done so much today I don't really know where to begin.

I suppose the Familiars is a good start. I didn't realise how deep a system it was. I thought you just got these little pets and that was that. I didn't know that you can raise them and evolve them. Pokemon eat your heart out. :) I have enjoyed running around catching them and building up my team. One of them gave me a bit of a nightmare as I had to catch him for a sidequest. It took a long time but eventually I managed to nab the Buncher.

Like others have mentioned, the game does start off easy but once you reach the desert area it starts to become challenging. The first few fights took a large amount of health from me and I just managed to make it to town to heal up. It's great as you level up though, the monsters that chased you at the start just start to peg it when you are a high level. :laughing:

To me the game is a bit of a mix between Pokemon, Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts and Little Kings Story. The overworld and battles remind me of DQ, the Familiar aspect reminds me of Pokemon, the different types/styles of royalties remind me of Little Kings Story and the certain aspects of the story, such as the broken hearts, remind me of Kingdom Hearts. It all gels really well.

Despite being on this most of the day I don't think I have moved the story forward that much because there is so much to do. I've done many errands, bounties and general collecting of familiars but these things never feel like a chore.

The only bad thing I have to say about the game is that the voice acting seems to be few and far between now. I miss hearing Drippys Welsh accent. :(

I am now off to sail the world in my new boat. Before I get back to the game I will leave you with this screen I came across.

photo1_zpsfcec1afe.jpg

Jimmy Saville reincarnated? :heh:

Anyone help me with this?

So i approch Autumnia island and encounter a boss battle with Shadar. The thing is he keeps handing me my ass every time. Its on medium and I'm around level 25 or so i think.